Poll: Who Will End Up Signing Cousins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who Signs Cousins?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Agreed. Elway definitely doesn't strike me as a "pay a guy historic money" type.
    Did someone say money????

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

I see him going to the Jets because of coaching staff and the Shannahan connection. I think he takes the max amount of money he can and runs with it. I think whatever we offer him, while it's tempting because of our roster, I don't think he'll like the terms of the contract.

Only shitty thing about going to the Jets, you'll always be playing for 2nd place in the AFC East so long as Belichick is HC of the Pats.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Like Minnesota. They don’t have any QBs on their roster other than Sloter. It’s possible they see Cousins as an upgrade to Keenum/Bradford/Bridgewater and just let the three of them walk. If there’s a team that can compete with Denver as “ready to win” it’s them.

Nooo way, If I'm Minnesota, you're sitting pretty damn good with the QB's on your roster. Bridgewater is the Qb of the future and if they think he's not, I pray he comes to Denver.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I see him going to the Jets because of coaching staff and the Shannahan connection. I think he takes the max amount of money he can and runs with it. I think whatever we offer him, while it's tempting because of our roster, I don't think he'll like the terms of the contract.

Only shitty thing about going to the Jets, you'll always be playing for 2nd place in the AFC East so long as Belichick is HC of the Pats.
    The difference being we can offer just as much money as anyone else if we turn it into guaranteed money and back-end it. It wont kill our cap long term and if the Jets want to go into ridiculous money for him (30m or more AAV)...they can have him. But by the time they are ready to compete, they wont be able to pay anyone else and Cousins will be playing for the Redskins again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Did someone say money????

Well, I was really talking about FA QB that has no rings, but I get your point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The difference being we can offer just as much money as anyone else if we turn it into guaranteed money and back-end it. It wont kill our cap long term and if the Jets want to go into ridiculous money for him (30m or more AAV)...they can have him. But by the time they are ready to compete, they wont be able to pay anyone else and Cousins will be playing for the Redskins again.
    That's exactly what I foresee happening. I like Cousins, but I don't like him that much. Jets are a bad team and they need something to give them a spark, even if it means crippling the team for years to come.

I'd love for him to come here especially if we work out a contract, like you said, that is team friendly and it's guaranteed, etc. But I just have this hunch Jets are going to go full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Vikings
    I was going to say just this...They publicly announced their interest in acquiring him, seems kind of dumb when you already have 3 starting QB's...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I want Denver to but I am imagining some dark horse team that there has been no mention of just swooping out and signing him.
    Brady gets his 6th and retires...New England Signs Cousins and the reign of terror continues for another decade....

I'm going to go bleach my brain out now...That thought was too much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Brady gets his 6th and retires...New England Signs Cousins and the reign of terror continues for another decade....

I'm going to go bleach my brain out now...That thought was too much.
    Imagine Girappolo staying in New England he does indeed turn out to be the next big thing...

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Imagine Girappolo staying in New England he does indeed turn out to be the next big thing...
    So glad he got traded. I can't deal with that team being competitive for another decade. They need to die a quick death once Brady retires so that we can be done with their fans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

So glad he got traded. I can't deal with that team being competitive for another decade. They need to die a quick death once Brady retires so that we can be done with their fans.
    So true. I was absolutely sick to my stomach when Colts got Andy Luck. You have 1 bad year in the past decade and you get a generational player in Andy Luck.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I was going to say just this...They publicly announced their interest in acquiring him, seems kind of dumb when you already have 3 starting QB's...
    For the last time, the Vikings have 0 starting QBs right now. Nobody but Sloter is under contract. They either have to re-sign/franchise one of them or get one in FA or the draft.

I also don’t know people’s obsession with Bridgewater. He hasn’t taken a meaningful snap in 2 years and even when he was healthy, he never threw more than 14 TDs in a season. He’s Alex Smith part 2. He’s careful with the football but isn’t someone who will put the offense on his shoulders/throw to win you games.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Right, they have Sloter. I guess they can go get a backup if they want. But... a proven preseason Vet is all they really need, barring injury.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

For the last time, the Vikings have 0 starting QBs right now. Nobody but Sloter is under contract. They either have to re-sign/franchise one of them or get one in FA or the draft.

I also don’t know people’s obsession with Bridgewater. He hasn’t taken a meaningful snap in 2 years and even when he was healthy, he never threw more than 14 TDs in a season. He’s Alex Smith part 2. He’s careful with the football but isn’t someone who will put the offense on his shoulders/throw to win you games.
    preach, brotha HP. . . keenum's the only one of the three who's starter level. . . bradford is permanently broken, and bridgewater just isn't good. . .

I didn't even mention Bridgewater, but they should be tagging/resigning Keenum because he's got the potential to be their QB for awhile. Regardless, they can get a deal done with any of those three QB's so they have 3 starting QB's available to either tag or sign with a history with the team and I'm sure a willingness to sign.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information