Poll: Who Will End Up Signing Cousins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Signs Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    NOBODY? Not 1 person in the entire organization has said that to anyone? Not even the janitors have gone home to the wife and kids and said they like Rosen better?
    Janitors are your sources now?

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Like Minnesota. They don’t have any QBs on their roster other than Sloter. It’s possible they see Cousins as an upgrade to Keenum/Bradford/Bridgewater and just let the three of them walk. If there’s a team that can compete with Denver as “ready to win” it’s them.
    #1 If they are willing to give up on Teddy Bridgewater. They loved Bridgewater all year while Keenum was tearing it up. Every day the coach would re-iterate that Keenum was the QB "for this week." They were hoping Bridgewater would come back.

The easy and cheapest thing would be to re-sign Bridgewater. He won't even get $20m so their entire salary cap wouldn't be screwed up. They keep and get to re-sign all those key defensive players.

Is Kirk Cousins really $10m a year better than Bridgewater? And they will have their doctors examining him before they decide whether Bridgewater is ready to come back. If not, then perhaps they would court Cousins, but they could just as easily re-sign Keenum or even Sam Bradford who was playing great until he got hurt (again).

A better plan might be simply keep Keenum and draft a QB to develop along with Sloter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Janitors are your sources now?
    About as useful as the local radio jockeys

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

I just can’t see Elway making Cousins the highest paid player in the NFL. Other than maybe Keenum he seems like the most “Broncos” QB (would be hard to explain that) and because Elway has made magic happen before I said he’d land here. But at the same time from an outside perspective I’m unsure Denver doesn’t look like an organization in disarray. Hoping for the best.

I’ll say I’d be profoundly disappointed if Bridgewater is the guy. He’s a checkdown QB who’s MO is that he can’t or won’t throw deep and is now recovering/recovered from a devastating injury. He seems a fit for the Browns to me...would prefer seeing what Kelly has and going the draft lotto route if he’s the option remaining.

6. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Agreed. Elway definitely doesn't strike me as a "pay a guy historic money" type.

8. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Some of the time! Especially if they are going to make up their own sources. I haven't seen that one before where they invent a blockbuster trade out of their own heads and then have to walk it back.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Like Minnesota. They don’t have any QBs on their roster other than Sloter. It’s possible they see Cousins as an upgrade to Keenum/Bradford/Bridgewater and just let the three of them walk. If there’s a team that can compete with Denver as “ready to win” it’s them.
    They went to the NFC Championship game. We went 5-11. I think they've already won the "who is more ready to win" competition.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I just can’t see Elway making Cousins the highest paid player in the NFL. Other than maybe Keenum he seems like the most “Broncos” QB (would be hard to explain that) and because Elway has made magic happen before I said he’d land here. But at the same time from an outside perspective I’m unsure Denver doesn’t look like an organization in disarray. Hoping for the best.

I’ll say I’d be profoundly disappointed if Bridgewater is the guy. He’s a checkdown QB who’s MO is that he can’t or won’t throw deep and is now recovering/recovered from a devastating injury. He seems a fit for the Browns to me...would prefer seeing what Kelly has and going the draft lotto route if he’s the option remaining.
    Unless the Vikings get Cousins, they are probably sticking with Teddy Bridgewater. Adam Schefter says they want to try and keep both Keenum and Bridgewater. I don't know how they could possibly do that, but they are going to try. They would have to sign Bridgewater to a long term contract and then franchise Keenum or something. I have no idea how that could work.

If they had to choose it will depend on Bridgewater's passing a physical. That will determine whether they keep him. If he passed, good chance they just sign him long term and then try and figure out what they do with Keenum if anything.

They just loved Bridgewater until his injury and are reluctant to just give up on him, as young and inexperienced as he still is.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

#TeamTeddy

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I have no idea why the Vikings need a QB when they have a FHOFer in Sloter.

15. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    #TeamTeddy
    #noThanks #Keenum

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

#MicDrop

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    They went to the NFC Championship game. We went 5-11. I think they've already won the "who is more ready to win" competition.
    #OhHellNaw

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I have no idea why the Vikings need a QB when they have a FHOFer in Sloter.
    all sarcasm aside, i heard a good interview a week or so back with paul allen-- he's the "voice of the vikings," he's their dave logan. . . he said the vikes' offensive staff was enamored with sloter's arm talent and intangibles, and that he expects them to be very comfortable rolling with kyle as their second stringer next year. . .

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    all sarcasm aside, i heard a good interview a week or so back with paul allen-- he's the "voice of the vikings," he's their dave logan. . . he said the vikes' offensive staff was enamored with sloter's arm talent and intangibles, and that he expects them to be very comfortable rolling with kyle as their second stringer next year. . .
    Good for him.

Some of us thought we saw a flash.

If he was still here, there is zero chance he'd become an NFL QB. Now he has one.

Good for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    He will wind up in Denver. I think if Elway felt like he could get Rosen at 5 he wouldn't sign Cousins but I don't think Elway's willing to roll the dice on any of the other QBs in this year's draft.

It will be a full court press for Cousins.
    Yep.

He will be a Bronco.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information