Thread: Vic Lombardi Interviews Plummer and Shanahan

Default Vic Lombardi Interviews Plummer and Shanahan

I haven't seen this posted, so figured I would.

On Altitude, Vic Lombardi did an hour interview with Plummer and Shanahan. Really good stuff. If you have Altitude, look for Let's Talk Football with Vic Lombardi. They should re-air this episode a few more times over the next few days.
    Last edited by Tned; 01-27-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I haven't seen this posted, so figured I would.

On Altitude, Vic Lombardi did an hour interview with Plummer and Shanahan. Really good stuff. If you have Altitude, look for Let's Talk Football with Vic Lombardi. They should re-air this episode a few more times over the next few days.
    Was it civilized? Did he bring up the fact Plummer said Shanny ruined football for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Was it civilized? Did he bring up the fact Plummer said Shanny ruined football for him?
    Yes, civilized. Plummer and Shanahan recently reconciled.

By the way, when Lombardi asked Plummer if he thought the Broncos should draft a QB or go after one in free agency, he said he believes they had their franchise QB on the roster, but that now likely will have to prove himself on another team. He was talking about Siemian.

Shanahan wouldn't answer other than to focus on the need for good coaching and players around the QB and that's what it takes for any QB to be successful.

They both alluded to all the other problems being a bigger issue than who the QB is/was.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    By the way, when Lombardi asked Plummer if he thought the Broncos should draft a QB or go after one in free agency, he said he believes they had their franchise QB on the roster, but that now likely will have to prove himself on another team. He was talking about Siemian.

Shanahan wouldn't answer other than to focus on the need for good coaching and players around the QB and that's what it takes for any QB to be successful.

They both alluded to all the other problems being a bigger issue than who the QB is/was.
    Of course that’s what Plummer said... it was never his fault when he was throwing 3 Ints a game, either. Siemian is the underdog, and everybody loves an underdog. Plummer knows what it’s like to be replaced and discarded by a high draft pick as Siemian will. It doesn’t mean it wasn’t warranted then and isn't warranted now.

Honestly, if there’s one former Bronco that I have absolutely zero give a **** about what he thinks now, it’s Plummer. Shanny sure, maybe, depends on the topic. Plummer never.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-28-2018 at 09:58 AM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

At least they're cool with each other. You don't want to carry that sort of stuff with you; that type of negativity is just a weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    At least they're cool with each other. You don't want to carry that sort of stuff with you; that type of negativity is just a weight.
    Plummer is involved in a company making some type of football related software (didn't elaborate) and apparently called Shanahan recently to take a look at give his opinion of it. I guess that started the healing process.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jake Plummer finally gets closure with Mike Shanahan about 2006 benching

From Article posted December 2, 2017

“I thought it was past due,” Jake told the Denver Post after Shanahan was fired in 2009. “I think he had done what he could do and was just tapped out as far as his coaching style wasn’t motivating guys anymore.”

For years, Plummer held a grudge against Shanahan. It wasn’t until just a few weeks ago that the former quarterback and coach met up in person to talk about it.
    AND

Plummer retired from the NFL in 2007. He went 40–18 as Denver’s starter, which marked the franchise’s best win percentage (.722) until Peyton Manning arrived and went 50-15 (.789) in four seasons.
    full article - http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...ed-jay-cutler/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Of course that’s what Plummer said... it was never his fault when he was throwing 3 Ints a game, either. Siemian is the underdog, and everybody loves an underdog. Plummer knows what it’s like to be replaced and discarded by a high draft pick as Siemian will. It doesn’t mean it wasn’t warranted then and isn't warranted now.

Honestly, if there’s one former Bronco that I have absolutely zero give a **** about what he thinks now, it’s Plummer. Shanny sure, maybe, depends on the topic. Plummer never.
    Plummer has been in Siemians corner from the beginning, because he sees himself in Siemian. Neither was a real franchise QB. Siemian has no chance of ever proving himself as a franchise QB for 2 reasons.

1. Nobody is going to give him the chance to become a starter again, he's going to be a backup somewhere else.

and 2. He can't stay healthy. He's now been injured and missed significant time in every single season since high school, all during college and every time he played in the pros.

He'll be a cheap backup QB who can come in for a few games and won't cost you a lot. So, if you have a $22m QB or something, and don't want to spend $30m on the QB position, he's a viable cheap option. That is all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I thought Vic did a good job of asking the right questions - but you could tell both guys were being pretty politically correct and polite in front of one another... It would be more fun to see them both get candid and keep it real on their views of one another, even if they've buried the hatchet.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I thought Vic did a good job of asking the right questions - but you could tell both guys were being pretty politically correct and polite in front of one another... It would be more fun to see them both get candid and keep it real on their views of one another, even if they've buried the hatchet.
    Yea, now he needs a "ok, how do you really feel" with each one of them. Overall, I enjoyed it. Good memories.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information