Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Senior Bowl Thread

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Dane Brugler‏Verified account
    @dpbrugler

Hernandez loves to block through the echo of the whistle - he is causing visible frustration with this DT group. #76 is just a mean dude. And I love it.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

notes from the senior bowl

of interest to me. . .

Josh Allen started with a bad overthrow against air as the practice began, and during one-on-one drills, a few of his passes were behind and low, particularly one on a dig route to Colorado State wideout Michael Gallup. However, it wasn't a wildly erratic day for the Wyoming quarterback. Many of his accurate passes were dropped, as it appeared the sun cutting across the field was a problem for some receivers at the outset of the practice, most namely DaeSean Hamilton of Penn State and Iowa State's Allen Lazard.
    UTEP guard Will Hernandez dominated in one-on-one drills. It didn't matter who he faced. He's wide, strong, and has deceptive movement skills to drive back the opposition. He certainly did that on Tuesday.
    it's worth noting that hernandez's college coach, sean kugler, is now our O-line coach. . . draftniks, is this kid really that far behind nelson?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    can we get hernandez in the 2nd?
    Not unless he gets pulled over with weed in the car between now and the draft.

6. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

notes from the senior bowl

of interest to me. . .

it's worth noting that hernandez's college coach, sean kugler, is now our O-line coach. . . draftniks, is this kid really that far behind nelson?
    Yes. He moves very well for a guy that goes 340. He also might be close to Nelson in the run blocking department, but he's miles behind Nelson in the pass blocking department. Hernandez still has pro bowl ability though.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Not unless he gets pulled over with weed in the car between now and the draft.
    Some of you Coloradans need to make that shit happen...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Joe Marino

Some tweets from today:

@TheJoeMarino
    Jan 23

More
    Baker Mayfield's arm strength is really popping so far. Ball carries zip all the way to his targets. Nose of the ball never dips. Especially notable when throwing out routes. #SeniorBowl

Chase Goodbread

Verified account

@ChaseGoodbread
    Jan 23

More
    So Oklahoma State WR James Washington, who is under 5-11, has arms (33 7/8") about as long as PSU TE Mike Gesicki (34") who is north of 6-foot-5. No wonder he played so big on 50-50 balls.
    Washington was one of the more underrated prospects before senior bowl week. He's getting lots of love now.

Charles Robinson

Verified account

@CharlesRobinson
    Jan 22

More
    Little #SeniorBowl scuttlebutt. Have heard for about a month now that #Saints coach Sean Payton is squarely in the camp of Baker Mayfield believers. That’s not going away.
    Reese's Senior Bowl‏
    Verified account

@seniorbowl
    Follow
    Follow @seniorbowl

More
    From North practice, courtesy @ZebraTechnology - tracking players this week:
    Fastest Throw = Josh Allen – 66.14 MPH
    Longest Throw = Tanner Lee – 54.7 yards
    Highest Rotations Per Minute = Luke Falk 721.6 RPM
    Most Throws = Luke Falk 112 throws

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

comments from bucky brooks. . .

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield continues to show people that when it comes to timing, touch and anticipation, he has all the stuff. That's where he separates himself from other QBs. He hit a couple skinny posts where he threw the ball well before the receiver broke and the pass was right on the money.

He was the last Senior Bowl participant to arrive here in Mobile, getting into town on Tuesday afternoon before heading over to practice, and he showed once again that he's a gamer. His competitiveness shines in settings like this one.

The big thing to watch with Mayfield will continue to be what he does off the field. Will he convince people that he can be the CEO of the program? Interviews with NFL teams will be a big deal for him this week.

and this one's from daniel jeremiah. . .

Will Hernandez, the guard from UTEP, had a really good day. He's a strong, physical guy who's built for the run game, and that's where he excels. I was pleasantly surprised with how well he held up in pass protection, though. He's in the mix to be a Day 2 pick (Rounds 2-3) and he certainly didn't hurt himself on Tuesday. -- Daniel Jeremiah
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ior-bowl-day-1
    Last edited by dogfish; 01-24-2018 at 07:35 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I still don't want him, but I repudiate my former statement that he lacks talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I still don't want him, but I repudiate my former statement that he lacks talents.
    as far as i can see, the only area where he lacks talent is in the tallness department. . .

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

as far as i can see, the only area where he lacks talent is in the tallness department. . .
    It matters, but it's not a killer.

**** it, if they're comfortable with him as being the guy, we ride. I just don't want a listless and timid QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes. He moves very well for a guy that goes 340. He also might be close to Nelson in the run blocking department, but he's miles behind Nelson in the pass blocking department. Hernandez still has pro bowl ability though.
    Miles? I know the competition is different, but the only guard in NCAA to allow less QB pressures than Nelson in 2017 was Hernandez.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

that shit is hilarious. . . josh allen is going to get somebody fired. . .

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No thank you.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Mayfield was on the money though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information