Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If we do draft a quarterback, what are you looking for?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    When I went through this exercise all signs pointed to Baker and it troubled me.

I think Rosen and Darnold are probably also fine.
    That’s how I felt after I looked at my answers. Mayfield is probably my #1 guy because he’s the anti-Siemian. He’s a fiery leader and passionate with accuracy. Possibly too “competitive” but not milquetoast.

Darnold is my second because he’s physically gifted and a good human being. Supposedly, he’s also super coachable.

Rosen scares me because he seems selfish and only in it for himself and the $. He wants to be rich and famous more than he wants to win Championships as part of a team. He also scares me because of the concussion history.

Allen scares me because of the whole, well he's tall and athletic, but wasnt very accurate either. You can’t continue to use the “he played on a bad team that’s why his completion % is bad” because that’s been debunked. His completion % not counting drops and intentional throw-aways still ranks in the 80s for college QBs (as in he’s the 80th ranked QB this past year in college FB. I just see him as a huge risk and too much of a project like Lynch.

Jackson concerns me as a pure passer. You can get away with running a lot in college, but you must be able to win from the pocket in the pros. Guys who run too much get hurt more.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-23-2018 at 11:03 AM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Palmer, Carr, Leinart, Marinovich could have been elite ...
    Oops. For some reason thought Carr was USC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Rosen is the most cerebral and mentally capable QB of the class. His teammates love him. He has a strong arm. His mechanics are strong, too.

I don't buy him being selfish. I buy into him having a big personality. Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Rosen ..

His teammates love him.
    I heard otherwise. I heard he was an unlikeable dick. But I'm not that bothered by it. Without more context. Could mean he's an ******* that wants to win at all costs, like a Jordan.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I heard otherwise. I heard he was an unlikeable dick. But I'm not that bothered by it. Without more context. Could mean he's an ******* that wants to win at all costs, like a Jordan.
    http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-b...ul-brash-mind/

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/4/16...ts-ucla-bruins

When you win and the QB makes you relevant, you love to play for/with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Carson Palmer was a top notch QB from time to time.

He also might be an outlier.
    He is, outside of him we have Cody Kessler, Matt Barkley, Mark Sanchez, John Booty, Matt Lienart. It's a whole lot of nobodies since Carson Palmer in 2002. Several of those were touted to be great QB's and were anything but.

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I don't have a problem with any of this:

Rosen isn’t that quarterback and has never tried to be. During his time at UCLA, he:

Posted a photo of him golfing at one of Donald Trump’s courses, wearing a hat that says “**** Trump.”
    Spoke frankly with Bleacher Report about the difficulties of being a student-athlete. Among the quotes from the interview that picked up traction: “Football and school don't go together” and “Raise the SAT requirement at Alabama and see what kind of team they have.”
    Put a hot tub in his freshman dorm, because there wasn’t any rule that said he couldn’t.

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Could mean he's a chain smoking dickwad like Cutler. I don't really have enough information to know either way.

Elway won't draft Rosen though. Rosen said bad things about a specific political person that Elway loves so...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He is, outside of him we have Cody Kessler, Matt Barkley, Mark Sanchez, John Booty, Matt Lienart. It's a whole lot of nobodies since Carson Palmer in 2002. Several of those were touted to be great QB's and were anything but.
    They were drafted at reasonable spots and had careers in line with that draft spot. It's hard to make it even as a high first round QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-b...ul-brash-mind/

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/4/16...ts-ucla-bruins

When you win and the QB makes you relevant, you love to play for/with him.
    Hm.

And heaven help the poor slob who gets into a debate with Josh Rosen.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Rosen is the most cerebral and mentally capable QB of the class. His teammates love him. He has a strong arm. His mechanics are strong, too.

I don't buy him being selfish. I buy into him having a big personality. Good.
    Possibly, but he refused to play in UCLA’s bowl game with those same teammates for fear of getting another concussion before the draft. It’s not like he was in the protocol. He got his last concussion 2 months prior. Selfish? Maybe. Self preservation minded? Definitely. There’s a fine line between a guy who questions things to learn and be better and who questions things just to do it because he feels entitled to have everything explained to him. He seems like the latter to me.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Possibly, but he refused to play in UCLA’s bowl game with those same teammates for fear of getting another concussion before the draft. It’s not like he was in the protocol. He got his last concussion 2 months prior. Selfish? Maybe. Self preservation minded? Definitely. There’s a fine line between a guy who questions things to learn and be better and who questions things just to do it because he feels entitled to have everything explained to him. He seems like the latter to me.
    I will never ever penalize a guy for not playing in a completely pointless bowl game. In fact, I would question the guy's intelligence if he played and then got hurt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Anyone curious about Rosen needs to read that Bleacher Report piece.

Wow.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I want Rosen like a dog wants to hump a leg.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information