Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos will try to move Trevor Siemian

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Report: Broncos will try to move Trevor Siemian

According to Mike Klis of 9News on Orange and Blue 760, the Denver Broncos have identified Trevor Siemian as the quarterback they will most likely try to move this offseason. Klis also confirmed that Brock Osweiler will not be pursued at all during free agency. Siemian won the starting job over Paxton Lynch in both 2016 and 2017. For his career, he is 13-11 as a starter, completing 59.3% of his passes for 5,686 yards with 30 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. However, it was likely his play in 2017 that cost him a chance at sticking around in Denver long-term as he became turnover prone.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...trevor-siemian

Goodbye Trigger Trev

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have a hard time believing they would get anything for him.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Agreed. At best a conditional late round pick because of his tiny salary combined with 24 games starting experience making him a low risk backup/camp battle candidate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I think they mean move him to fullback.

6. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

His first game against Carolina and the first three this year were decent games that had me hopeful for his chances but as it turned out he really just isn't very good.

How's that for a run on sentence?!?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    His first game against Carolina and the first three this year were decent games that had me hopeful for his chances but as it turned out he really just isn't very good.

How's that for a run on sentence?!?
    I made it through the whole thing, but it was still a valiant effort

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

shouldn't they be trying to move chad kelly instead? I have it on good authority that he had first round value last year, so we should be able to get a lot for him on a 7th round salary, right?

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    According to Mike Klis of 9News on Orange and Blue 760, the Denver Broncos have identified Trevor Siemian as the quarterback they will most likely try to move this offseason. Klis also confirmed that Brock Osweiler will not be pursued at all during free agency. Siemian won the starting job over Paxton Lynch in both 2016 and 2017. For his career, he is 13-11 as a starter, completing 59.3% of his passes for 5,686 yards with 30 touchdowns and 24 interceptions. However, it was likely his play in 2017 that cost him a chance at sticking around in Denver long-term as he became turnover prone.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...trevor-siemian

Goodbye Trigger Trev
    Bye Boy!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Maybe they should market him as the next Tom Brady.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

The browns may want a decent backup

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

In other news, water is wet, ice is cold. Carry on with your day!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They definitely will. Not a great draft pick, but possibly a 5th or 6th rounder. Since he was a 7th round QB they should exceed his original draft value.

He isn't a starter caliber QB, but there is definitely a place on NFL rosters for an experienced backup QB who doesn't cost a lot of money. And Trevor fits the bill.

Ideally, you want your backup to be some former starter who failed with another team and now is just lucky to have a job in the NFL. In short, someone else's mistake.

Well the Broncos wasted 2 years starting Trevor until it became painfully obvious that he would never develop into an acceptable starter. Now that's created his value.

If a guy is a starter or believes he's a starter he will be impatient and want to "get his chance." Now Trevor might believe that he's still a starter somewhere, but he'll have to accept a backup role if he wants to play in the league. So, he can go to some team that needs a backup and get somewhere between $2m and $3m maybe, and it doesn't cost too much.

And that team gets a guy who can come in and play for a few games and not totally poop in his pants. You won't get a full season out of him but for maybe 3 or 4 games you can get by until your starter is healthy again. I doubt he's capable of doing what Nick Foles is doing after Carson Wentz went down, but then he'll be cheaper than Foles too.

So, if you want a bargain basement experienced starting QB to be your backup and you have a secure franchise QB, Trevor is probably a good investment, because if he were much better he'd cost too much, and if he were any worse, he'd be out of the league altogether.

I think they'll find a trade partner.

He's one of the worst players I have ever seen in my entire life. First year he was ranked damn near dead last for productivity, and then he turned into a panicky and horrified QB. I've never hated a QB more in my life. I really dislike him. He just pisses me the **** off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He's one of the worst players I have ever seen in my entire life. First year he was ranked damn near dead last for productivity, and then he turned into a panicky and horrified QB. I've never hated a QB more in my life. I really dislike him. He just pisses me the **** off.
    We should trade him directly to the pit of misery.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    We should trade him directly to the pit of misery.
    I wouldn't wish him on Cleveland. I just really ******* hate that piece of shit QB. He got into the league on accident. He only became a starter on accident. He's like Tom Brady in the sense of it was a 'holy **** how did he get there' type thing, but instead TS shit the bed. He's a bland guy with a bland style of play and he has no strengths on the field. He's a shitty Kyle Orton. I resent our coach for keeping him out there as long as he did.

I would rather buy a LBJ jersey and wear it during the Cavs playoff games...over...watching...TS play a game as a Denver Bronco.

****!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information