Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Off the Hook In Felony Sexual Assault Case

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Emmanuel Sanders Off the Hook In Felony Sexual Assault Case

Denver Broncos WR Emmanuel Sanders will NOT be prosecuted for felony sexual assault after a grand jury in Texas decided there was not enough evidence to move forward with the case.

Officials in Texas are being very tight-lipped about the case ... but here's what we know so far.

Sanders was accused of sexual assault in Harris County, Texas -- where he still owns a home. He went to high school nearby.

Unclear when the alleged sexual assault took place -- but we know the case was classified as a felony 2 ... which means the allegations were very serious.
    rest - http://www.tmz.com/2018/01/18/emmanu...-assault-case/

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    10m10 minutes ago

Report: Emmanuel Sanders won’t be charged in sexual assault case http://www.9news.com/mobile/article/...e/73-509160977 … via @9NEWS #9sports

Mike Klis
    39m39 minutes ago

Broncos statement on report Emmanuel Sanders will not be charged with sexual assault: “We are aware of media report involving Emmanuel Sanders and are looking into it.” This infers team unaware until TMZ report this morning. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It's crazy right now if you are a celebrity of any kind.

Adopted Bronco:

Sanders could still face NFL discipline. Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, for instance, was suspended six games in 2017 for domestic violence even though he never faced criminal charges. It is unknown whether the NFL is investigating, but typically any time a player faced a legal investigation there would also be a separate NFL investigation.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-assault-case/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Unless there is a video of ES doing what elliot did, im not sure it can really be in the same category.

And this whole thing with sexual assualt being a hot button topic is a more slippery slope then ever, simply due to the herd point guilty before any facts come out. Career a mess, reputation ruined, all before you even get to respond to your accuser....

Scary world we live in now days.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Unless there is a video of ES doing what elliot did, im not sure it can really be in the same category.

And this whole thing with sexual assualt being a hot button topic is a more slippery slope then ever, simply due to the herd point guilty before any facts come out. Career a mess, reputation ruined, all before you even get to respond to your accuser....

As mentioned in the article class 2 felony indicates the allegations are serious. I'm guessing rape or attempted rape. But that doesn't mean much c.f. Kobe Bryant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

I don't think there was video of Elliott's incident, either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis
    20m20 minutes ago

Emmanuel Sanders spoke with multiple members of the Broncos' organization today. He emphatically denied any wrongdoing and indicated he fully cooperated with the investigation to clear his name. #9sports

Mike Klis
    3h3 hours ago

Harris County Sheriff's statement on Emmanuel Sanders case http://www.9news.com/article/sports/...e/73-509202281 … via @9NEWS #9sports

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't think there was video of Elliott's incident, either.
    I was talking about the video where he pulls the girls tube top down, which i think is part of the reason he got smacked so hard. At least that was kinda the vibe i was getting when that was all happening.

Class 2 sexual assault in CO means aggravated rape. In a circumstance where there was either violence or threat of violence and usually the victim suffered aggravated physical injury.

That's the most serious sexual assault. It sounds like the prosecutor didn't want to prosecute, which means the physical evidence did not sustain the charges for one thing. The thing you have to understand about grand juries is that lawyers say that they will indict a ham sandwich if the prosecutor wants them to.

That is not my expression. That's the expression experienced defense trial attorneys use.

The grand jury is so much the tool of the prosecutor that if the grand jury doesn't indict when the prosecutor wants them to, or indicts when he doesn't want them to, that's referred to as a "runaway train."

So, we can conclude that the prosecutor looked at his evidence, decided that he couldn't get a conviction and let Sanders walk.

It is usually the sort of situation that Ben Roethlisberger got into having sex with some drunk girl in a club, who went into the women's room to escape him, but was too drunk to resist when he followed her in. The circumstances were too ambiguous to prove a lack of consent, but it showed incredible lack of judgment (if no worse) on Roethlisberger's part.

We don't know the details here, but I can't imagine the girl suffered serious physical injury or they would have indicted. Again, I don't think the prosecutor wanted to try this case.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Cugel, that was a fine post. Depressing, but accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information