Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terrell Davis interview on Pardon My Take

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Terrell Davis interview on Pardon My Take

Just a heads up before you listen to this, this is a sports comedy/satire podcast so some of the stuff the ask him will seem kinda odd/ridiculous, but there are a lot of really cool nuggets in here on his career and the late 90s broncos. He also gives some of his takes on the current team. It's a really good listen I think.

The interview begins at the 33:38 mark of the episode on 1/14/2018.

https://www.podcastone.com/pardon-my-take

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I am too lazy - what are the cliffs?

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am too lazy - what are the cliffs?
    Never thought he'd get into the HOF until the year he made finalist (thought his only chance would be on the senior ballot). He said multiple voters told him they didn't consider him a hall of famer 3-4 years prior, but changed their mind as years passed and they heard more arguments for him.

Talked about how shanny vowed never to rest players down the stretch again after the jags playoff loss, as he thinks that's the main reason they lost. Also said he thought it was a mistake for a young Rams team to do that this year.

Said Elway was not a real vocal leader, was usually quieter unless he needed to speak.

He also told the stories of the preseason hit and the super bowl migraine.

As for the current team, he agreed our current QBs are trash, but talked about how difficult it is to hit on a QB in the draft. He said they need a good young RB (shocker I know) to help the offense along until they can get that QB in place.

6. The Following 10 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He also told a funny story about Shannon Sharpe goading Derrick Thomas into getting ejected one game, but said there were other times they had to tell Sharpe to shut up because he was going too far. Also talked about how Romo was crazy but how teams need a few guys like that to succeed.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He also told a funny story about Shannon Sharpe goading Derrick Thomas into getting ejected one game, but said there were other times they had to tell Sharpe to shut up because he was going too far. Also talked about how Romo was crazy but how teams need a few guys like that to succeed.
    I remember that incident with Thomas. It was in Kansas City, and we were fighting the Chiefs for the lead in the AFC West. It was towards the end of the game and Thomas got so mad he grabbed Sharpe by the facemask and swung him around doing two complete circles

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I remember that incident with Thomas. It was in Kansas City, and we were fighting the Chiefs for the lead in the AFC West. It was towards the end of the game and Thomas got so mad he grabbed Sharpe by the facemask and swung him around doing two complete circles
    Then immediately knocked up some chick
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

12. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I actually have this game on DVD that a guy created for me a while back. One of my favorite games ever and the moments with Sharpe and Thomas are epic.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I actually have this game on DVD that a guy created for me a while back. One of my favorite games ever and the moments with Sharpe and Thomas are epic.
    I dont recall that, I'm going to start searching for a clip

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Was the first game and last game I ever saw where a player was followed by the cameras as he systematically mind****ed another player into an epic meltdown. I rememeber being elated and felt sorry a little for DT. Would love to know the crap Sharpe said to get him there.

18. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Its not often that someone can get a side gig to make a few bucks off of their reputation

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I dont recall that, I'm going to start searching for a clip
    It’s epic dude. Thomas looks like he’s trying to rip Sharpe’s head off with the helmet

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

It’s epic dude. Thomas looks like he’s trying to rip Sharpe’s head off with the helmet
    I cant find it on YouTube, if anyone does throw it up!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If i recall Denver trounced them like 30-3 or something like that in that game. DT and company were certainly feeling the Pit of Misery that night, how humiliating it must of been to watch Brister run for a 30 yd TD. Dilly Dilly!

23. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I do wish they wouldn't have talked over TD quite so much . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I do wish they wouldn't have talked over TD quite so much . . .
    Yeah, their interviews can sometimes be a little choppy because they are always trying to make a joke. There was still some good stuff from TD though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information