Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Henderson arrested for marijuana possession

So far from what I've read, he had a 'green substance' on his lips, when pulled over in a car with pot in it (assuming the officers involved told the truth on such matters). This is not possession of pot. This is small town cops that have no clue that anyone, regardless of the propensity, or inclination to use marijuana, would choose to eat weed straight out of the bag. He admitted to using (earlier in the day) but not possessing. The officers did not say he was in possession but said he had a green substance on his lips...then charged him with possession. How is he charged with possession? As far as I know, only those actually in possession can be charged with possession of illegal substances.

Just checked. There is no law regarding use of marijuana in Louisiana. Please correct me on this, if I'm wrong. Otherwise, wtf?

Not that this has anything to do with league rules but it's important to see idiocy for what it is. There is no way that anyone ate pot, if they had any clue about how to use it, or anyone around them that cared about how ridiculous it is to let someone eat pot. This argument only being made because of how ridiculous it is and leans towards idiot cops just trying to make a name for themselves. If he did actually eat pot, then maybe he shouldn't be on the Broncos; Just because. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and say he was just a dumb kid that can't say no to 'friends', and chose to ride on a car that contained pot. Either way, he has to take drug tests, according to league rules, true? If the legal crap gets worked out and they dismiss the silly charges of having a 'green mouth', he may be exempt from NFL penalties. If not, or if he is prosecuted for possession, it might not be a bad thing. He definitely made a bad judgement call and a strict hand might help him be a better professional. It's hard to keep a straight head as a rookie, and especially so if you're a rookie with nothing to do for a year. Some reality and hard love can do him good.

Hopefully.
    Last edited by Ground Control; 01-15-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    So far from what I've read, he had a 'green substance' on his lips, when pulled over in a car with pot in it (assuming the officers involved told the truth on such matters). This is not possession of pot. This is small town cops that have no clue that anyone, regardless of the propensity, or inclination to use marijuana, would choose to eat weed straight out of the bag. He admitted to using (earlier in the day) but not possessing. The officers did not say he was in possession but said he had a green substance on his lips...then charged him with possession. How is he charged with possession? As far as I know, only those actually in possession can be charged with possession of illegal substances.

Not that this has anything to do with league rules but it's important to see idiocy for what it is. There is no way that anyone ate pot, if they had any clue about how to use it, or anyone around them that cared about how ridiculous it is to let someone eat pot. If he did actually eat pot, then maybe he shouldn't be on the Broncos; Just because. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and say he was just a dumb kid that can't say no to 'friends'. Either way, he has to take drug tests, according to league rules, true? If the legal crap gets worked out and they dismiss the silly charges of having a 'green mouth', he may be exempt from NFL penalties. If not, or if he is prosecuted for possession, it might not be a bad thing. He definitely made a bad judgement call and a strict hand might help him be a better professional. It's hard to keep a straight head as a rookie, and especially so if you're a rookie with nothing to do for a year. Some reality and hard love can do him good.

Hopefully.
    i think he was trying to eat it rather than get caught with it. . . he was charged w/ possession because they found some in the car. . .

A search allegedly recovered pieces of marijuana near the passenger seat, as well as a partially-filled water bottle with an extinguished marijuana cigar inside, according to a KNOE.com report.

Not that this has anything to do with league rules but it's important to see idiocy for what it is. There is no way that anyone ate pot, if they had any clue about how to use it, or anyone around them that cared about how ridiculous it is to let someone eat pot. If he did actually eat pot, then maybe he shouldn't be on the Broncos; Just because. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and say he was just a dumb kid that can't say no to 'friends'. Either way, he has to take drug tests, according to league rules, true? If the legal crap gets worked out and they dismiss the silly charges of having a 'green mouth', he may be exempt from NFL penalties. If not, or if he is prosecuted for possession, it might not be a bad thing. He definitely made a bad judgement call and a strict hand might help him be a better professional. It's hard to keep a straight head as a rookie, and especially so if you're a rookie with nothing to do for a year. Some reality and hard love can do him good.

Hopefully.
    I think you misunderstood the "ate it" angle. Not that he was eating it to get high, but instead that he was getting rid of the evidence.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

According to the arresting officer, Detective Ray Spoon, the vehicle smelled of marijuana, though Henderson and the driver, Alejandra Aviles-Jimenez, claimed they had not smoked nor did they possess any in the vehicle. A search by officers turned up “multiple pieces of suspected raw marijuana on and around” where Henderson was seated, according to the report, and a water bottle recovered from the floorboard appeared as if it were used to extinguish a marijuana cigar, and “pieces of the cigar and loose marijuana were noted inside the fluid.”

According to officials, Henderson’s tongue contained “a thick green residue,” but he told police he hadn’t eaten any marijuana before he was stopped. Henderson did, however, tell officials that he had smoked marijuana earlier in the day, just not inside the car, according to the report. The driver’s tongue appeared normal and she was released with a speeding ticket. Henderson was arrested and charged with the misdemeanor.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/1...ted-louisiana/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    So, nitpicking here but 'possession' is not the same as being in the same vehicle as the drugs. Proving control of said drugs is the issue. The vehicle driver is in control of their vehicle...and it's contents, but was not arrested. As far as I know, nobody else was arrested. Not sure of the numbers but there were other passengers. If so, how can he be the only person considered in possible 'control' of the drugs? Maybe Ray Spoon, who has shown himself to be a cop in love with media attention, recognized Henderson and wanted some additional headlines? He's got quite a few, from a basic search. Yeah, Henderson could have opened his mouth at the request of Spoon but you can't 'search' a person's orifices, as far as I know until you are properly processed. He could be arrested because of probable cause, I guess, but why him? Everyone in the car should have been arrested, since the probable cause is equally distributed (outside of some weird 'evidence' of green goo on the tongue - as apposed to actual evidence of pot in the car occupied equally by all of it's inhabitants, and certainly it's driver. If one passenger is 'surrounded' by 'evidence', how are they not all 'surrounded by evidence?). I haven't found any reports on the scraping of Henderson's tongue. Just some cop saying he didn't see the driver of the car with 'thick residue' on their tongue but did see the NFL player with said 'residue'. That's not evidence and I'm pretty sure this will all be tossed, unless there's actual evidence that will hold up in court.

Hopefully, his tongue was scraped during processing, if he gave permission, so that can be used in a court of law. If not: BS.

Again, he's already owned up to using it, so there is that. I'm just questioning the legality and context of his arrest. It may affect the NFL's and the Bronco's approach to his punishment, or not. It is probably important to our relationship with officers of the law, though. And how easily the law can be manipulated to one end or the other.
    Last edited by Ground Control; 01-16-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I think you misunderstood the "ate it" angle. Not that he was eating it to get high, but instead that he was getting rid of the evidence.
    Yep, I did. It's still just as idiotic to think that eating pot can erase the rest of the pot in the car. If he did, then he should be let go by the Broncos. Either way, eating pot when pulled over by cops is worthy of being let go by the Broncos. Getting in cars with fools that don't give a damn about him is maybe worthy of being let go but if so, who would play in the NFL? He could be good but there of plenty of 'could be goods'.

Otherwise, please look at my response to Denver Native for the legal aspects.

So, nitpicking here but 'possession' is not being in the same vehicle as the drugs. Proving control of said drugs is the issue. The vehicle driver is in control of their vehicle...and it's contents, but was not arrested. As far as I know, nobody else was arrested. Not sure of the numbers but there were other passengers. If so, how can he be the only person considered in possible 'control' of the drugs? Maybe Ray Spoon, who has shown himself to be a cop in love media attention, recognized Henderson and wanted some additional headlines? He's got quite a few, from a basic search. Yeah, Henderson could have opened his mouth at the request of Spoon but you can't 'search' a person's orifices, as far as I know until you are properly processed. He could be arrested because of probable cause, I guess, but why him? Everyone in the car should have been arrested, since the probable cause is equally distributed (outside of some weird 'evidence' of green goo on the tongue - as apposed to actual evidence of pot in the car occupied equally by all of it's inhabitants, and certainly it's driver. If one passenger is 'surrounded' by 'evidence', how are they not all 'surrounded by evidence?). I haven't found any reports on the scraping of Henderson's tongue. Just some cop saying he didn't see the driver of the car with 'thick residue' on their tongue but did see the NFL player with said 'residue'. That's not evidence and I'm pretty sure this will all be tossed, unless there's actual evidence that will hold up in court.

Hopefully, his tongue was scraped during processing, if he gave permission, so that can be used in a court of law. If not: BS.

Again, he's already owned up to using it, so there is that. I'm just questioning the legality and context of his arrest. It may affect the NFL's and the Bronco's approach to his punishment, or not. It is probably important to our relationship with officers of the law, though. And how easily the law can be manipulated to one end or the other.
    All that's fine, but he shouldn't have found himself in a passenger seat sprinkled with pot leaves/seeds, a joint in a water bottle and tried to eat the remainder of the pot to boot.

Don't be so quick to persecute the officer for Henderson's immaturity. If there is no evidence, then obviously charges will be dropped.

All that's fine, but he shouldn't have found himself in a passenger seat sprinkled with pot leaves/seeds, a joint in a water bottle and tried to eat the remainder of the pot to boot.

Don't be so quick to persecute the officer for Henderson's immaturity. If there is no evidence, then obviously charges will be dropped.
    Fair enough. I just meant to question the assumption that there was any residue on his mouth at all. It is a quick persecution to say that residue was there simply because Ray Spoon says so. It's definitely weird that only the guy with the suspected 'residue' was arrested but not everyone else 'in possession', including the driver. We're agreed on the evidence thing, otherwise. And that Henderson definitely shouldn't have found himself in a passenger seat with an illegal substance of any sort. If there is evidence to prove Henderson's guilt, hopefully charges will not be dropped.

Unless we all agree that using weed is about the farthest thing from a crime that could exist. But that's for another thread...
    Last edited by Ground Control; 01-16-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Fair enough. I just meant to question the assumption that there was any residue on his mouth at all. It is a quick persecution to say that residue was there simply because Ray Spoon says so. It's definitely weird that only the guy with the suspected 'residue' was arrested but not everyone else 'in possession', including the driver. We're agreed on the evidence thing, otherwise. And that Henderson definitely shouldn't have found himself in a passenger seat with an illegal substance of any sort. If there is evidence to prove Henderson's guilt, hopefully charges will not be dropped.

Unless we all agree that using weed is about the farthest thing from a crime that could exist. But that's for another thread...
    It is against the law, federally and in Louisiana. So, I think we can nip that argument in the bud.

Why don't we see how this plays out before you accuse the officer of lying/fabricating evidence.

Eating it won't get you high....at all. Just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Thanks for info. Never said it would.

I think a person’s behavior has a lot to do with how a police officer responds. Lying to a cop is not a way to get off easy. A friend and I got caught firing up in a car in a bar parking lot 20 years ago across the street from BSU.

Two squad cars pulled up fast right whe we were getting out of the car. We didn’t lie to them, we admitted what we were doing and told them how much we had. They maid us smash it in the dirt and 5 minutes later we were in the bar. I don’t think it’s fair to belittle the cop when it was clear he was being lied to. Never expect a cop to just let you walk if you’re lying and trying to cover something up, no matter how petty it is

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think a person’s behavior has a lot to do with how a police officer responds. Lying to a cop is not a way to get off easy. A friend and I got caught firing up in a car in a bar parking lot 20 years ago across the street from BSU.

Two squad cars pulled up fast right whe we were getting out of the car. We didn’t lie to them, we admitted what we were doing and told them how much we had. They maid us smash it in the dirt and 5 minutes later we were in the bar. I don’t think it’s fair to belittle the cop when it was clear he was being lied to. Never expect a cop to just let you walk if you’re lying and trying to cover something up, no matter how petty it is

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i remember that song pissed off so many police lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Uh...wut?

Yes it will. Just saying.

But how do we know it wasn't a caprese salad?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information