Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlos Henderson arrested for marijuana possession

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Other than the fact it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I still don't get why this is something to arrest people over.
    It's Louisiana. It's a reactionary redneck state that is quite frankly, the most corrupt state in the union. They have their own legal system down there that is not like other states.

Well, he's going to have to choose now. Either give up weed for the remainder of his time in the program like Von Miller did, or else forgo his NFL career. Not that it was going great up till now, but still. . . . .

If this is his first offense, he's not going to be suspended, he'll just have to pee in a cup at random intervals for a few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Operating under the influence, consuming in a vehicle. Last I checked, that's illegal even for alcohol. I would agree if they were just sitting on some park bench, minding their own business.
    Agreed, I hadn't read the article with all the details when I posted.

However, Henderson was a passenger. He was not operating. Were they both drunk and had open Jack Daniels bottles in the car the driver would be arrested and the passenger would be searching for a ride home.

Good rookie season!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Can we get over this shit already. Legalize it. What a waste of time and energy.
    Oh, that is happening. Medical marijuana is now legal in 27 states and recreation in 6? And a few more will be added in 2018. Pretty soon the only places it won't be legal are the most reactionary places in the South.

War on Drugs = HUGE waste of taxpayer money. Legalized weed = huge tax revenue boost.

Back on topic: Doesn't look like this will impact his career, yet, assuming that this is his first offense. But, it's not a great start.

And it points to carelessness on his part. Certainly a very large number of NFL players smoke weed, but they are not in the program, so they know when they have to pass a test. It's pretty much a no-brainer to stay out of trouble - unless you get arrested for some reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It's Louisiana. It's a reactionary redneck state that is quite frankly, the most corrupt state in the union.
    Funny, they don't arrest for personal use pot in New Orleans or Jefferson Parish. "Redneck"? Lol.

The rest of that can go to P&R if you'd like to discuss the merits of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Operating under the influence, consuming in a vehicle. Last I checked, that's illegal even for alcohol. I would agree if they were just sitting on some park bench, minding their own business.
    Pretty much a dumb-ass move any way you look at it to get popped. Either weed or drinking and driving is pure-blind dumb.

Frankly, this makes me question how smart this kid is. Either he smartens up quick or he won't last long in the NFL.

Best post of the thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Medical marijuana is now legal in 27 states
    Including Louisiana!

Funny, they don't arrest for personal use pot in New Orleans or Jefferson Parish. "Redneck"? Lol.

I just have bad business experiences with corruption in LA. That's what the basis of my comment was. Of course, if he was just walking around minding his own business, and got arrested, that would be ridiculous. Smoking weed in a car is not smart though and you can get arrested for doing that here in CO too.

Including Louisiana!
    MEDICAL, yes. Recreational, no. The clear dividing line is which states are either proposing or passing recreational marijuana, but clearly this is getting further off topic.

Henderson would be arrested in downtown Los Angeles or Denver doing that. There's NO state in the country where it is legal (nor will ever be legal) to smoke weed driving your car.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

MEDICAL, yes. Recreational, no. The clear dividing line is which states are either proposing or passing recreational marijuana, but clearly this is getting further off topic.

Henderson would be arrested in downtown Los Angeles or Denver doing that. There's NO state in the country where it is legal (nor will ever be legal) to smoke weed driving your car.
    He wasn't driving.

He wasn't driving.
    This. Slap him with a lame $50 ticket or whatever and move along sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

He was eating that shit. Tried to hide the evidence.

According to court documents obtained by KNOE, police officers observed a “thick green residue” in Henderson’s mouth. Henderson, who has been bonded out of jail, denied eating any marijuana, but reportedly told officers that he had smoked earlier in the day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...na-possession/
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    He was eating that shit. Tried to hide the evidence.

According to court documents obtained by KNOE, police officers observed a “thick green residue” in Henderson’s mouth. Henderson, who has been bonded out of jail, denied eating any marijuana, but reportedly told officers that he had smoked earlier in the day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...na-possession/
    somebody tell dumbass you can buy real edibles here in the dispensaries. . .

in all seriousness, i hope the kid can get his head on straight. . . we have a crying need at both slot receiver and punt returner, and he's one of the few guys on the roster who has the proper skillset to fill those roles-- it would be nice to get something out of that third round pick. . .

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information