Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos reportedly could be top landing spot for Tyrod Taylor

That is pretty specific.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

McD would be an idiot to trade luck, but it's funny to joke about since that fits his style perfectly. (though, I guess Dog could have been serious, I don't know)
    he certainly won't come in and try to trade luck right away like he did with cutler. . . that doesn't guarantee that they'll have a harmonious long term working relationship, though. . . did you guys see mcdipshit screaming at brady on the sidelines a few weeks ago? don't kid yourselves, he's still an asshat. . . and there are already some rumors that luck's not that happy in indy. . . i can see him potentially wanting out at some point-- i think that is more likely than joshy trying to get rid of him, though i wouldn't put that past the little weasel either. . .

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he certainly won't come in and try to trade luck right away like he did with cutler. . . that doesn't guarantee that they'll have a harmonious long term working relationship, though. . . did you guys see mcdipshit screaming at brady on the sidelines a few weeks ago? don't kid yourselves, he's still an asshat. . . and there are already some rumors that luck's not that happy in indy. . . i can see him potentially wanting out at some point-- i think that is more likely than joshy trying to get rid of him, though i wouldn't put that past the little weasel either. . .
    Brady's an immature dipshit. When you put one dipshit together with another, sparks fly. McD's working relationship with Brady is not a great indication of what to expect with Luck. Brady seems like a spoiled, angry child from what I can tell.

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I thought it was brady screaming at mcd-nozzle?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I thought it was brady screaming at mcd-nozzle?
    mcD started it-- shady finished it. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

So when does FA signings start?

March 12, ages away

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Sweet, I think Mcdipshit should trade Luck to us then he can have his ex-Pat Brissett start for the Colts. They know each other well, after all...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    At this point...Foles would be nice as our starter.
    Foles has been a successful starter.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That is an intriguing possibility, because they would get Bridgewater in and give him a medical evaluation before they would consider signing him. If he's back to near the QB he was before his injury, he would make a viable franchise QB. If not, then nobody is going to want him.

I doubt he's coming here simply because Denver has that #5 pick and it's unlikely he wants to compete for a starting job. He wants a team that is going to commit to him long term. Given the QB desperate league, he's probably going to find that team that will sign him, give him a 4 year deal and then just hope that he is the real deal for them, rather than coming to Denver.

But, Elway could just say "we don't like Allen, Mayfield or any other QB we are able to draft, and Bridgewater is the best veteran we can sign." Especially if Cousins stays in DC or goes elsewhere.
    I don't think there's a team out there willing to risk their franchise with Teddy as their only option after that injury. I think he's competing no matter where he goes.

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It will be interesting to see what he does with the third pick.

I absolutely don't see him sticking pat with the pick, I see him trading back and grabbing more picks.

I think most other coaches there, they may have taken the best "star" available but I don't see them doing that with him there, I see a pick stockpile.

Anyone that moves into that spot is grabbing a QB.
    Would anybody do that for Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield? Rosen and Darnold will be gone #1 and #2 or vice versa. Neither the Browns nor the Giants are expected to be willing to trade those picks.

That leaves Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Mayfield. I'd be amazed if anybody trade up into that spot for one of them, but stranger things have happened.

Perhaps some team wants Allen, but knows the Broncos are set to take him at #5, so they need to trade up to #4 or #3, etc.

But, are any of those 2nd tier QBs in this draft worth what it would cost to move up? I say no. None of them are sure-fire prospects.

Of course, every year some team falls in love with a QB and just has to have that guy and will move up to get him. But, usually not in the top 10 as moves there are exorbitantly expensive. I don't think Elway will move up unless the Giants are willing to part with their #2 pick and Elway desperately wants Josh Rosen. Even he is not a sure fire prospect though. There are no Andrew Lucks in this draft and if there were, the Browns would not trade their pick anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Would anybody do that for Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield? Rosen and Darnold will be gone #1 and #2 or vice versa. Neither the Browns nor the Giants are expected to be willing to trade those picks.

That leaves Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and Mayfield. I'd be amazed if anybody trade up into that spot for one of them, but stranger things have happened.

Perhaps some team wants Allen, but knows the Broncos are set to take him at #5, so they need to trade up to #4 or #3, etc.

But, are any of those 2nd tier QBs in this draft worth what it would cost to move up? I say no. None of them are sure-fire prospects.

Of course, every year some team falls in love with a QB and just has to have that guy and will move up to get him. But, usually not in the top 10 as moves there are exorbitantly expensive. I don't think Elway will move up unless the Giants are willing to part with their #2 pick and Elway desperately wants Josh Rosen. Even he is not a sure fire prospect though. There are no Andrew Lucks in this draft and if there were, the Browns would not trade their pick anyway.
    Who knows. I am one who has always stated that 9 times out of 10 the "experts" are full of shit and pulling things out of their educated asses. That being said, I have read reports that the Browns Dorsey liked Allen so much that they considered him at spot 1. Who knows how true and who knows if any other team has the same feelings.

Every year teams trade up for players no-one thought they would and each year players fall when everyone expected that player to go early.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

There are rumors that Shurmur is going to take the Giants HC job. There are also rumors that Keenum may go with Shurmur to his new team. Wouldn’t that be something? Keenum to the NYG with Shurmur to take over for Eli and the Giants don’t take a QB. They could then take Barkley to fix their atrocious running game. That would be crazy, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Keenum is having a good run, but I'm not sold on him being a quality NFL starter. I wouldn't be surprise to see a fairly large regression next year, especially if he were to move to the Giants.

McDaniels isn't trading anyone. The Colts have a GM, and his name is not McDaniels. He's going to Indy to coach. It's not the same blueprint as he had in Denver.

20. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information