Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos reportedly could be top landing spot for Tyrod Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    or, you know. . . have drafted him at all, for that matter? the kelly stuff cracks me up. . . 31 teams didn't think he was worth drafting at all. . . but since he did such a great job of being on IR, now he's in serious consideration for our starting job. . . get real, people. . . kelly is practice squad fodder, or our 3rd string, long term developmental project, at best. . .
    This isn't true of everyone but the guy clamoring the most for Kelly wanted a minor league baseball player to be our starting QB. Enough said?

Hopefully Kelly turns into something, I loved watching uncle Jim...and he has intangibles. Let's keep things real though until he actually throws a pass against an NFL defense.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    or, you know. . . have drafted him at all, for that matter? the kelly stuff cracks me up. . . 31 teams didn't think he was worth drafting at all. . . but since he did such a great job of being on IR, now he's in serious consideration for our starting job. . . get real, people. . . kelly is practice squad fodder, or our 3rd string, long term developmental project, at best. . .
    A lot of Bronco fans get a bit dumb with QBs, especially ones that haven't taken an NFL snap, such as the future hall of famer Sloter.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I知 the hobbit.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

At-least with Sloter, and he is a long shot as well, but at-least he THREW passes against another defense in pre-season. Kelly hasn't even managed that.

Hey, when you don't even have a loaf of bread the crumbs aren't so bad.

When you don't have a QB you have to look everywhere. The Texans got creative with Schaub, who became a Pro Bowler for them. The Packers got creative with Favre. The Niners got creative with Jimmy G. Brady was a dumb luck draft pick, but he was a pick. Do we ever think much of this shit when they happen? No. But 1, you gotta try and 2 FFS what else are we going to talk about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y誕ll know I知 an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    At-least with Sloter, and he is a long shot as well, but at-least he THREW passes against another defense in pre-season. Kelly hasn't even managed that.
    Throwing against pre-season defenses is some new benchmark?

It is compared to nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Throwing against pre-season defenses is some new benchmark?
    Jarious Jackson says yes.
    I知 the hobbit.

It's compared to his peers in the same situation. And, if done well (he did) one could argue that KS deserved another chance against better competition in the preseason. That's what frustrates fans - the coaches are supposed to get it wrong. They whiffed miserably on TS, Lynch has done nothing to look splendid, either. So, hindsight being what it is, and the situation being as ugly as it was, we know that they got it wrong.

Circular logic? Arguably. But no less egregious than VJ's 'he returns kicks because that's his job' or whatever the **** the quote was.
    Y誕ll know I知 an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The reason that cutting Sloter upset me was because of just how shitty the rest of our QB room is. If we had legitimate NFL calibur QBs I wouldn't have batted an eye at dropping Sloter but when Siemian and Lynch were the other two options it was a terrible idea to drop Sloter.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Sloter will turn into anything in this league. My point is if you are going to be grabbing 7th rounders and undrafteds and anointing them future starts, at-least let it be someone we have seen throw against a NFL defense. That's all.

The reason that cutting Sloter upset me was because of just how shitty the rest of our QB room is. If we had legitimate NFL calibur QBs I wouldn't have batted an eye at dropping Sloter but when Siemian and Lynch were the other two options it was a terrible idea to drop Sloter.
    And I think this is fair. I think the front office could argue that they only took on two QB's because if they needed a third it would be a FA pickup, ala Brock. Who, arguably was our best QB. WHich just buries the first two guys that much more.

We've seen not much from PL. There is a remote amount of hope there. I know you don't believe in him, but optimism is good for the soul.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It is compared to nothing at all.
    Marginally. To the point of meaninglessness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    And I think this is fair. I think the front office could argue that they only took on two QB's because if they needed a third it would be a FA pickup, ala Brock. Who, arguably was our best QB. WHich just buries the first two guys that much more.

We've seen not much from PL. There is a remote amount of hope there. I know you don't believe in him, but optimism is good for the soul.
    I have a ton of optimism, pitchers and catcher report in about a month. My optimism cup overfloweth.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go Dodgers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Go Dodgers!!!
    Get out.
    I知 the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information