Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos reportedly could be top landing spot for Tyrod Taylor

I didn't see enough there to not take a first round QB if we don't sign someone like KC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    One thing just occurred to me, Taylor might be the ideal guy to pick up if our target at 5 is Baker Mayfield. Seems like they could run similar offenses and he'd be a good guy for BM to learn from for half a season or so.
    Please let all of this be false.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Depends, what players would you remove to throw them on there?
    Probably could start with Corky's brother Nathan Peterman

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

If they do get Taylor, rather than Cousins, I guess Denver is desperately drafting a QB at #5 in this weak QB class. Skipping a potential All-Pro olineman.

Just trade up for Allen and have the charismatic leader with all-pro talent lead the team. Let's get this shit popping!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Please let all of this be false.
    I really don't know enough about Baker to have an opinion one way or the other. I did watch a video recently that hints to Baker Mayfield having ribs made out of adimantium. Wolverine could be our QB, at least MS would be excited.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really don't know enough about Baker to have an opinion one way or the other. I did watch a video recently that hints to Baker Mayfield having ribs made out of adimantium. Wolverine could be our QB, at least MS would be excited.
    I think his head might be made up of a hard substance, as well.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    And then promptly crapped the bed. Congrats to them? Jay Cutler has made the playoffs before, so has Mark Sanchez, Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman. Would you like us to go grab one of them to put under center as well?

Tyrod Taylor is more mobile (though that's debatable) Trevor Siemian...
    Broke the longest streak in professional sports of not making the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, with Taylor as a couple years' stopgap, that could put a competent QB in place while
    they found out what they already have in Lynch and Kelly, neither whom they honestly
    still know little about, and/or go ahead and roll the dice for a QB in the draft. It would seem
    to me that what they really need is a veteran to keep the ship afloat while the youngsters
    duke it out behind him? Just a thought . . .
    The only reason to get Tyrod Taylor is if they draft a rookie and need a bridge QB until that rookie is ready to start. No way they just roll with Taylor and Paxton and Kelly because Paxton and Kelly are pure unknowns, and not very probable unknowns either. Paxton has been handed the job on a silver platter twice and dropped it. He might not even be on the roster next year since two coaching regimes both looked at him and don't want any part of him. Now Kubiak is in charge of the Broncos scouting efforts, and he's not a big fan of Paxton.

Kelly has never been in an NFL practice due to injury, so he's a complete cipher.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    As bad as that injury was I dont know if taking a chance on Bridgewater is worth it
    That is an intriguing possibility, because they would get Bridgewater in and give him a medical evaluation before they would consider signing him. If he's back to near the QB he was before his injury, he would make a viable franchise QB. If not, then nobody is going to want him.

I doubt he's coming here simply because Denver has that #5 pick and it's unlikely he wants to compete for a starting job. He wants a team that is going to commit to him long term. Given the QB desperate league, he's probably going to find that team that will sign him, give him a 4 year deal and then just hope that he is the real deal for them, rather than coming to Denver.

But, Elway could just say "we don't like Allen, Mayfield or any other QB we are able to draft, and Bridgewater is the best veteran we can sign." Especially if Cousins stays in DC or goes elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Broke the longest streak in professional sports of not making the postseason.
    He didn't do that, just like Rex Grossman didn't make it to the Superbowl. The team around him did it. Come on Joe...Just because a crappy QB lucks into a playoff appearance doesn't mean he's a QB you want as your starter...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Tyrod Taylor is more mobile (though that's debatable) Trevor Siemian...
    No. It is not debatable. Also, TT is a far superior QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No. It is not debatable. Also, TT is a far superior QB.
    So instead of being a trainwreck, he's more of a wrecked Ford Fiesta? It's still a wreck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If Chad Kelly was legitimate, wouldn't a team have drafted him much earlier?
    or, you know. . . have drafted him at all, for that matter? the kelly stuff cracks me up. . . 31 teams didn't think he was worth drafting at all. . . but since he did such a great job of being on IR, now he's in serious consideration for our starting job. . . get real, people. . . kelly is practice squad fodder, or our 3rd string, long term developmental project, at best. . .

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information