Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Broncos reportedly could be top landing spot for Tyrod Taylor

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I confess Wave, I believe McDaniels will do well there. I think he’ll have them in the playoffs inside of two years.
    you shut your whore mouth!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I confess Wave, I believe McDaniels will do well there. I think he’ll have them in the playoffs inside of two years.
    Well, that will be quite a switch since he had us as a 4-12 team in about that time.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, that will be quite a switch since he had us as a 4-12 team in about that time.
    Pretty much this. He claims he learned a lot from his days in Denver, but did he learn how not to be a ginormous douch-nozzle?

For some reason people keep hiring Belichick's assistants and they keep failing with great regularity. Maybe it's because they will not be bringing Tom Brady or Bill Belichick along, and the Patriot's success had a lot to do with those guys.

6. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yes, because people never get better at their jobs with more experience, ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Well, I mentioned that would be quite a switch. I didn't say it wouldn't happen.
    His boss Belichick fell on his face his first year at HC, and we know the rest of the story.
    But then, McDaniels is not Belichick. So we'll see . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

I understand, and am not a fan. I’m simply persuaded he’s a good x’s and o’s guy who will be a little more humble towards his players than the last go around. I also think it will be good for him to not have GM powers. I’m still not sure what Xanders did, other than act as some type of advisor

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Pretty much this. He claims he learned a lot from his days in Denver, but did he learn how not to be a ginormous douch-nozzle?

For some reason people keep hiring Belichick's assistants and they keep failing with great regularity. Maybe it's because they will not be bringing Tom Brady or Bill Belichick along, and the Patriot's success had a lot to do with those guys.
    Sure didn't show during his time in STL.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Tell that to Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel, and basically every other Patriots assistant coach who has gone on to become a head coach in the NFL. They almost all failed. Most failed spectacularly, and they don't get any better. They either go back to being assistant coaches or retire.

I understand, and am not a fan. I’m simply persuaded he’s a good x’s and o’s guy who will be a little more humble towards his players than the last go around. I also think it will be good for him to not have GM powers. I’m still not sure what Xanders did, other than act as some type of advisor
    Xanders was supposed to be the GM, but somehow within a few months, McDaniels had seized total control in what amounted to some sort of coup. How exactly that happened has never been explained, but McMoron himself said "someone had to take control" implying that Xanders was incapable of doing so, and he had to step in.

Codswallop, of a particularly self-serving sort of course.

That's my big word of the day, Codswallop. Got it from Robbie Coltrane.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65372826.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	11681

Codswallop, I like it.

Tell that to Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel, and basically every other Patriots assistant coach who has gone on to become a head coach in the NFL. They almost all failed. Most failed spectacularly, and they don't get any better. They either go back to being assistant coaches or retire.
    Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick. Both got a lot better over time. FFS you see head coaches improve all the god damned time. Pete Carroll. Dick Vermeil. Sometimes they improve their production by taking on or giving away former duties. If you're going go to argue that some of those examples were very young either as men, or as their time as HC when they floundered, you're conceding the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Tom Coughlin and Bill Belichick. Both got a lot better over time. FFS you see head coaches improve all the god damned time. Pete Carroll. Dick Vermeil. Sometimes they improve their production by taking on or giving away former duties. If you're going go to argue that some of those examples were very young either as men, or as their time as HC when they floundered, you're conceding the point.
    What the hell?

Pete Carroll went from USC to the Seahawks. He never coached for the Patriots!

And Coughlin went from the Jaguars to the Giants, without a stint in NE either!

Belichick himself did better in NE than the Jets, but that could just be because the Jest, Jest, Jest, suck, suck, suck!

Name all these former Patriots assistant coaches who have had great careers as head coaches in the NFL. I'll wait.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Cugel with a fairly out of character series of posts. I may subscribe to your newsletter.

What the hell?

Belichick himself did better in NE than the Jets, but that could just be because the Jest, Jest, Jest, suck, suck, suck!

Name all these former Patriots assistant coaches who have had great careers as head coaches in the NFL. I'll wait.
    We're talking about coaches in general. There's nothing magical about being a Patriots HC - and if that's your line, none of the other HC's you mentioned were older guys, ergo the comparison is completely flawed.

Good god!
    Last edited by Davii; 01-21-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

What the hell?

Pete Carroll did too coach the Patriots. Do you enjoy being wrong?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information