Page 103 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2392

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Man this guys confidence is through the roof! The no fly zone is going to be just fine people, maybe even better. Roby is much better than people realize, it's his chance to shine no and lets see what this Cravens guy can bring to the table. This could be an exciting season with our team friendly schedule. Depends on how the draft goes and Elway usually gets some bargain FA post draft...so we shall see.
    Love that he doesn't want to draft a QB. LOL

Me too, although I still think Allen could end up being a FQB. The problem is what if he or any other QB isn't. We can't afford to miss on draft picks anymore, we don't have that luxury. I think Barkley, Chubb and Nelson are can't miss players.

All of the QBs kinda scare me a little. Would be great if we can just build around Keenum. If he sucks then maybe see what's up with Nick Foles next year.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:

Me too, although I still think Allen could end up being a FQB. The problem is what if he or any other QB isn't. We can't afford to miss on draft picks anymore, we don't have that luxury. I think Barkley, Chubb and Nelson are can't miss players.

All of the QBs kinda scare me a little. Would be great if we can just build around Keenum. If he sucks then maybe see what's up with Nick Foles next year.
    Those 3 are better prospects than ANY of the QB's in this draft and we pretty much know at least one of them will be available to us. Assuming we stay at 5, not drafting one of them is inexcusable.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Love that he doesn't want to draft a QB. LOL
    That'll make some heads explode around here lol.

I guess Keenum bought tickets for a bunch of his teammates to go watch the Avs's game 6 the other day. Good to see him stepping up and trying to build a bond with his guys early on.

He may not pan out for us, but he's said and done just about everything right so far.

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Davis hoping to be three-down linebacker
    Inside linebackerTodd Davis talks about the draft party he's hosting on Thursday night and his mindset now that the offseason program is underway.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...9-a8463d753cb1

Harris' draft advice: Pick someone who can help us win now
    Cornerback Chris Harris Jr. talks about his new contract, the future of the "No-Fly Zone" and what he thinks the Broncos should do with the fifth-overall pick in this year's draft.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...5-96837df62129

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Interesting tidbit from Peter King this morning about the value teams see in this draft:

This could help your enjoyment and understanding of the draft this weekend. I asked a team in the top half of the draft—a team that wants action on its pick when its 10-minute period begins Thursday night—how it views the depth of the top half of the draft. This is what my source said:

• His team has 15 players with first-round grades.

• His team has 30 to 35 players with second-round grades.

• His team has about 45 players with third-round grades.

• His team has “starter” or “potential starter” grade on “about 90” players.

And so, let’s envision teams in the top half of the first round with potentially hugely valuable picks: Cleveland (with the number four pick), Denver (five), Indianapolis (six). There’s a reason why in my mock draft I had Denver and Indianapolis trading down—because the value of quarterbacks is immense, and because the premium on second and third-round picks in this draft is similarly big. That’s why if I’m the Broncos or the Colts (or the Bucs or Bears or Niners, if Josh Rosen falls down the first round more than we think), I’m asking for two or three lower picks rather than two higher ones.

Example: If the Bills want Denver’s pick at five, and I’m Broncos GM John Elway, I don’t want the 12th and 22nd picks in return. I want 12, 53, 56 and maybe 96, and I’d flip a lower pick back to Buffalo. That would get the Bills what they want, a quarterback. That would get Denver the kind of depth a deep second and third round could provide—unless, of course, it’s Baker Mayfield sitting there for Elway at five, and he can’t resist the temptation.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/25/nf...mqb-peter-king

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I think you can read between the lines in Klis' latest piece - unless it was an oversight, it sounds like Rosen isn't an option at #5 for us.

Case Keenum is getting $25 million guaranteed and he will be the Broncos’ starting quarterback in 2018, even if the team winds up taking Sam Darnold or Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield with the No. 5 pick.

Take a young quarterback at No. 5, though, and the message will be clear the Broncos have given up on Lynch.

I think the opposite will happen. Elway still believes there is something there with Lynch, his first-round draft pick in 2016. Lynch may never read defenses like he should. But he did turn in an encouraging performance in the final game of the 2017 season, displaying athleticism, a strong arm and an ability to make a big play.
    http://www.9news.com/article/sports/...s/73-545523277

It sounds like if we aren't taking a QB at #5 then Elway prefers trading back.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think you can read between the lines in Klis' latest piece - unless it was an oversight, it sounds like Rosen isn't an option at #5 for us.

http://www.9news.com/article/sports/...s/73-545523277

It sounds like if we aren't taking a QB at #5 then Elway prefers trading back.
    At this point, you can't take anything at face value. It could mean we are targeting Rosen or someone else at 5 and we don't want anyone else to think we want him.

It's lying season, everything is a lie, especially when it's coming from the team's mouthpiece.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Interesting tidbit from Peter King this morning about the value teams see in this draft:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/25/nf...mqb-peter-king
    I guess I don't follow this mentality. Why not get the guy sooner rather than risk the chance he'll be available later? Plus, getting him in the first allows for the 5th year option.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

I would rather see Chubb or Nelson at #5. Deep RB class. We could get a good one in the second or third. I would love to see Chubb and Chubb!! Would give me a chubby!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

15. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

I guess I don't follow this mentality. Why not get the guy sooner rather than risk the chance he'll be available later? Plus, getting him in the first allows for the 5th year option.
    THis oh so this. BLows my mind. I say it every year. People are so concerned with value. It is so dumb. Someone here made a post just the other day that they did not like Nelson at pick 5 but they like him at pick 7 or something. Now, if you can trade down and get more picks and still get him at 7 great! But if not you lose out.

Later picks are not better. If there is 100 of the best players I want as many chances to grab my guys before anyone else does. There is a difference between Josh Rosen and Luke Falk. There is a difference between RoQsmith and the 2nd rd Lbs....Why would you want to wait. Makes no sense. Get the best players not the "value" players.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m still of the opinion that trading down is a mistake. More 2nd and 3rd round picks to waste on players like Sambrailo, Hillman, Osweiler, Lattimer, etc. Everyone always seems to think that the draft is “deep” at x positions and the value is there after the first round, but with our track record, and even most teams’ track records, it’s just not so. Sure, you can get lucky on a Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara, but more than likely they are a lower round pick for a reason.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m still of the opinion that trading down is a mistake. More 2nd and 3rd round picks to waste on players like Sambrailo, Hillman, Osweiler, Lattimer, etc. Everyone always seems to think that the draft is “deep” at x positions and the value is there after the first round, but with our track record, and even most teams’ track records, it’s just not so. Sure, you can get lucky on a Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara, but more than likely they are a lower round pick for a reason.
    To be clear, when I say trade back, it's for the purpose of adding other high picks. Yes, there will be day 2 collateral involved, but getting both of Buffalo's #1's or Arizona's #1 this year as well as next year's. In either scenario, we can still get high end, young, contributing talent.

I'm not trading number 5 for a dozen mid round picks.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

To be clear, when I say trade back, it's for the purpose of adding other high picks. Yes, there will be day 2 collateral involved, but getting both of Buffalo's #1's or Arizona's #1 this year as well as next year's. In either scenario, we can still get high end, young, contributing talent.

I'm not trading number 5 for a dozen mid round picks.
    I don’t even want to risk that much. How often does a top 5 pick come around for Denver? So far, we’ve done a pretty good job with them (looking at historical top 5 Broncos). We’re hit and miss outside the top 10. For some reason, 10-20 seems to be the spot for more reaches and misses than hits over the years.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I would rather see Chubb or Nelson at #5. Deep RB class. We could get a good one in the second or third. I would love to see Chubb and Chubb!! Would give me a chubby!
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    THis oh so this. BLows my mind. I say it every year. People are so concerned with value. It is so dumb. Someone here made a post just the other day that they did not like Nelson at pick 5 but they like him at pick 7 or something. Now, if you can trade down and get more picks and still get him at 7 great! But if not you lose out.

Later picks are not better. If there is 100 of the best players I want as many chances to grab my guys before anyone else does. There is a difference between Josh Rosen and Luke Falk. There is a difference between RoQsmith and the 2nd rd Lbs....Why would you want to wait. Makes no sense. Get the best players not the "value" players.
    I think it's a little more than that with Nelson. He's a guard, and the issue is what they'll have
    to pay him, according to where he was drafted. This would set the precedent to what they
    will be paying guards from then on. At least, that is a possible scenario to me . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information