Page 65 of 160 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Do we have to?
    Quarter Pounder?

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Was a starter on the Bucs and played for the Seahawks before that. His sack totals the last few years were about what Wolfe was getting. Might be a decent DE, but is 31, looks like a short term option.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

never heard of him. . . i like this bargain basement shopping, though. . . it makes me think that john understands we aren't winning squat with VJ, and he's saving our resources for next season, when he's going to hire a better coach. . .

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

He started for the Seahawks against us in the Super Bowl, according to Klis. I don’t really remember him but he had five sacks for Tampa last year in a part time role. Not sure of the price but seems like a decent depth guy

I don't really see anything wrong with bringing in rotational guys, I just fail to see what the point of restructuring Von's salary was considering they are chasing no-one of significant note.

Only thing I can think of is they want to roll that cap into next year for some reason.

Adopted Bronco:

looks like he's had five sacks three of the last five years, so that wasn't just an outlier. . . at 6'2 and 297, i would think he's maybe going to be used more in a nickel/dime pass rusher role than depth as a base end. . . if so, that works for me. . . we need another guy there, especially if demarcus walker doesn't give us anything. . . if john just wants to re-load for a season or so with inexpensive vets on short contracts, i am onboard with that approach-- pretty much what i've wanted, honestly. . . it really ramps up the pressure to start getting our drafts right again, and that is probably for the best. . . we obviously have the resources this year, so i hope the FO is ready to make good on the opportunity. . . this draft has a chance to be a defining one, for good or for bad. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-21-2018 at 05:53 PM.

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    looks like he's had five sacks three of the last five years, so that wasn't just an outlier. . . at 6'2 and 297, i would think he's maybe going to be used more in a nickel/dime pass rusher role than depth as a base end. . . if so, that works for me. . . we need another guy there, especially if demarcus walker doesn't give us anything. . .
    Well, the Broncos have guys who are good against the run but not so much rushing the passer.
    This guy is reputed to be a good pass rusher, but not a good run stopper. So he might fit.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

12. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

hey look, we got some more dudes. . .

Nicki Jhabvala

Verified account

@NickiJhabvala
    Follow Follow @NickiJhabvala
    More
    The Broncos hosted kicker Taylor Bertolet and long snapper Christian Kuntz on a tryout today and are expected to sign both, per agent sources.
    https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...55860355772416

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

hey look, we got some more dudes. . .

Nicki Jhabvala

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...55860355772416
    McManus got paid and then got the yips. This indicates that he'd better figure it the **** out.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, the Broncos have guys who are good against the run but not so much rushing the passer.
    This guy is reputed to be a good pass rusher, but not a good run stopper. So he might fit.
    i vaguely remember him being on that seahawks team, and i think mebane was the other starting DT. . . i hadn't heard his name since then, honestly. . .

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Was a starter on the Bucs and played for the Seahawks before that. His sack totals the last few years were about what Wolfe was getting. Might be a decent DE, but is 31, looks like a short term option.
    He's a typical Elway signing. Not sexy, not flashy, but gets the job done. He had 5 sacks last year while only taking 45% of the snaps. 5 sacks from the DT position is decent enough. This is mainly Gotsis insurance, but he will be a contributor and will likely help us in collapsing the pocket, something we've desperately missed since malik left.

never heard of him. . . i like this bargain basement shopping, though. . . it makes me think that john understands we aren't winning squat with VJ, and he's saving our resources for next season, when he's going to hire a better coach. . .
    John has always been a bargin shopper. B-Marsh, Pot Roast, Vickerson. Elway likes taking guys that others see as past their prime or journeyman players and making something out of them. There are plenty more examples (like Peko this year) That's kinda his MO, it's not necessarily and indicator of what he thinks of VJ

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    McManus got paid and then got the yips. This indicates that he'd better figure it the **** out.
    I'm scared to death every time that guy lines up for a kick. Some competition for that job is exactly what this team needs.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm scared to death every time that guy lines up for a kick. Some competition for that job is exactly what this team needs.
    Kind of puts McManus behind the 8-ball, methinks. If the other guy does at least as well, guess who makes less money . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

22. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information