Page 108 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2392

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m really glad Elway told Kubiak to know his role as his backup and didn’t listen to him. Chubb is/was the perfect pick.
    How many players in the draft can make an honest claim that they are better than Chubb? Barkley? I mean, come on. I know that Nelson is a stud, but Chubb is the pass rusher with versatility, already has several pass rush moves, and is wonderful against the run. It's hard to take an incredible guard over a defensive player that you can build your defense around.
    Chubb had three sacks against Notre Dame when they played in 2016. He only had one this season. But I would say that he definitely had a huge impact on both games and there's no way that they schemed him away from Nelson and mcglinchey for all of those three sacks. Jaded and I went rounds on this one. Because it was in the rain and all that kind of stuff but I think Chubb definitely held his own.

You just come down to positional value. For me it's always quarterback then defensive end or left tackle then cornerback then potentially wide receiver running back safety and interior o-line. I am a huge Nelson fan I just can't justify drafting that guy with the 5th overall pick. Especially not when are interior o line looks to be at least relatively solid with Leary and McGovern. We had to find that consistent dominant pass rush presence opposite Von Miller. I hope Shane Ray can develop into that. We know that Shaq is essentially a five or six sack a season guy at this point. But would Chubb you know exactly what you get. You get a very good pass-rusher with an extremely high motor who sets The Edge as well as anyone in the game and is going to help the Broncos wreak havoc as teams now can't shade to his side and double and triple cover in

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

It ain't no one taking Nelson over Chubb. Top five picks are for players that transform the side of the ball. The knock on Chubb seems to be that he's not supposedly the guy who will get 15-18 sacks in a season. Even if that's true, a consistent stream of ten sacks seasons with a bunch of hits, pressures, etc. are all things that matter greatly. He's also stout against the run, versatile, and he's ahead of the curve regarding pass rush moves. He's a great all around player.

Nelson can erase a guy out of a play, and do everything a guard can do. And if he was a LT he would have been the top pick, probably. I will say, because he has supposedly been able to play LT, that makes him that much more impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Who was the solid run stuffing DE opposite Ware in Dallas who was good for about 8 sacks a season? Chubb reminds me of him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Spencer? Canty? Gotta be Spencer

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Anthony Spencer.

Can’t played DT.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Who was the solid run stuffing DE opposite Ware in Dallas who was good for about 8 sacks a season? Chubb reminds me of him.
    He better be more than an 8-sack guy.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m really glad Elway told Kubiak to know his role as his backup and didn’t listen to him. Chubb is/was the perfect pick.
    I like Chubb, I’m just giving Kubiak a shout out after ripping his talent evaluator skills for over a year.

I still think he sucks, ei, Sam Jones.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

greg elliss. . .

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Chubb can't be that guy....I mean a guy everyone forgets two years after he's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

According to Dmac Kubiak wanted Nelson at 5, I take back a few of the things I said about him.
    It was the number one team need and the closest there was to a sure thing, all pro player in the draft. I understand the allure of Chubb and he could help Denver get back to the defensive dominance they had a couple years ago, but bar none the biggest two needs on the team this offseason were LG and RT.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It was the number one team need and the closest there was to a sure thing, all pro player in the draft. I understand the allure of Chubb and he could help Denver get back to the defensive dominance they had a couple years ago, but bar none the biggest two needs on the team this offseason were LG and RT.
    You can't draft for need, especially in the top five.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    There's usually a strong FA guard option each offseason, sometimes more. In this case, because Leary can play either position, that expands this to RG and LG. That does nothing to help us right now, but the ramifications for a high pick reach far past the upcoming season. Chubb was the pick.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You can when the player is as good as Nelson, and was arguably the best available when they picked. He's probably the only sure all pro in the draft. He, Chubb and Barkley were considered the best prospects in the draft. The QBs were expected to go higher, not because they were better prospects, but because so many teams are QB starved.

As I said, I understand the allure of Chubb, even if there is question about whether he can actually plan OLB in a 3-4 considering his speed. As Elway said, they don't play in base that often, so they may play him in more of a 4-3 DE in various nickel and other non-base formations. I'm hoping that he can free Miller up the way Ware did, so I'm happy about the Chubb pick, but that doesn't mean it was a better pick than Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    There's usually a strong FA guard option each offseason, sometimes more. In this case, because Leary can play either position, that expands this to RG and LG. That does nothing to help us right now, but the ramifications for a high pick reach far past the upcoming season. Chubb was the pick.
    Nelson would not have been a reach at five.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Nelson would not have been a reach at five.
    He's a wonderful specimen and will be a great player. He's also a guard. I think that makes him a reach - but that's just an opinion.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information