Page 150 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2392

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm so enlightened now, thanks for clearing that up...
    It was just too much.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Hmmm. Not sure if serious. Lets pretend so.

Julio and the wr I listed are all elite. And every team would take the wr I listed over DT (not headcase ODell anymore- and maybe even still they would.) Those are the best WR in the game. They are the elite. DT is right up there. He is in that next tier. What is it that separates one from the Elite? Usually it is of the smallest things. In this case laying out for a ball. Anotnio Brown, Julio, Megatron, etc etc all do that. He does not.

I searched for as many videos of DT laying out for a ball that I could find. I found one, where he did the Eddiemac, in the endzone on the sideline. He held both feet on the ground and fell out of bounds. Not quite laying out, but close enough that I will count it.

I consider all of the above something to stand on. It quite accurately refutes anything you can say. BUUUUUUUUUT since you think you are so so so so sure, lets have it. Give me your best shot. I will wait. (I know that you cannot produce evidence and you are sorely wrong)

TEX CHALLENGE:
    Find me 5 clips of DT diving for a ball. Just 5. He is the best broncos wr of all time. There should be at least 5 measly clips of him diving for a ball. I can think of 5 for heman, and eddimac right now. Go find five. If not, politely see your way out of the conversation knowing that I am correct.

PS- I was right about Mike Mccoy all along.
    There is no need to pretend it is was you said.

Ok you were right about McCoy, that's one in a million.

I don't need find anything for you. Just because you blurt something out doesn't make it true. Besides if you found one of Thomas laying out then you have refuted anything, because you said he has never done that.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 07-20-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    There is no need to pretend it is was you said.

Ok you were right about McCoy, that's one in a million.

I don't need find anything for you. Just because you blurt something out doesn't make it true. Besides if you found one of Thomas laying out then you have refuted anything, because you said he has never done that.
    Ronnie Hillman says hello. I could go on. But lets get back to the point.

I did not blurt out anything. What I said is 100% true. Just because you do not want to accept it does not refute the statement. If it was just a blurted out hot take that was incorrect, You or anyone on this board would have provided the 5 simple plays where he has laid out for a ball in a dive. Just 5. After the thousands of yards and catches you would think 5 simple dive plays would be easy. Anyone would to shut me up. But they cannot because I am right and you my friend need to accept it. Do you watch the broncos play? DT does everything well aside from laying out for a ball. The best WR in the game do everything well and that! He will still go down as the best bronco WR in our history, but you have to understand that he could be better if he did dive for a ball and you need to understand that criticizing his lack of doing so and interpreting that as complaining or thinking he sucks; well that is even more ridiculous than this entire discussion.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I can't think of a single time I said to myself, if Thomas dove he would have caught that. Not one single time have I ever muttered that. I have said, "how did he drop that?" which is a much more legitimate complaint about Thomas.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And since it's fun watching the best receiver in franchise history make plays, here's some highlights:

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    And since it's fun watching the best receiver in franchise history make plays, here's some highlights:

That was FUN!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That was FUN!!!
    Reminder, UR doesn’t consider the one-handed catches, leaping or stretching, to be “diving.” I argue DT doesn’t have to because 6-4, 220.

Another note on diving. Those long runs against the Chargers, Bears and Steelers (there was another against the Ravens in Manning’s first game as a Bronco), he didn’t have to dive for the pylon either because he just flat out outran everyone to it. The Chargers one, in particular, he out ran three defensive backs and juked another...

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Lot of one handers going on in there!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

I can't think of a single time I said to myself, if Thomas dove he would have caught that. Not one single time have I ever muttered that. I have said, "how did he drop that?" which is a much more legitimate complaint about Thomas.

REally? I can think of a ton of them. How many times especially during the last sb year did manning have DT down the sidelines and just overthrew him. How many of those just went off his fingertips. Easily 5 right there! Easy. Brock had a few like that as well.

Im with you on the drops, but I honestly think a lot of his drops are just using one hand instead of two.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

REally? I can think of a ton of them. How many times especially during the last sb year did manning have DT down the sidelines and just overthrew him. How many of those just went off his fingertips. Easily 5 right there! Easy. Brock had a few like that as well.

Im with you on the drops, but I honestly think a lot of his drops are just using one hand instead of two.
    If they went off his fingertips, he didn’t need to dive, he just needed to catch the ball. Besides, Manning was overthrowing everyone, his arm was shot. The problem wasn’t DT not diving for them.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Reminder, UR doesn’t consider the one-handed catches, leaping or stretching, to be “diving.” I argue DT doesn’t have to because 6-4, 220.

Another note on diving. Those long runs against the Chargers, Bears and Steelers (there was another against the Ravens in Manning’s first game as a Bronco), he didn’t have to dive for the pylon either because he just flat out outran everyone to it. The Chargers one, in particular, he out ran three defensive backs and juked another...

Reminder: THE WORLD DOES NOT CONSIDER OUT RUNNING PEOPLE OR LEAPING OR STRETCHING OR ONE HANDED CATCHES TO BE DIVING! But that is just the world. Nothing to see here. Move along.

That is why diving has its own word. Weird how that happens. It is kinda like it is its own separate thing. Like it needs its own word and definition. We do not call all short people MO. But according to this logic, maybe we should

Another note on diving: Dovante Booker didnt need to dive because he hurdled a guy to get into the endzone last year. But it was called back on a hold by the rookie. Jeff IRman did not need to dive into the endzone because he broke a tackle and walked right in. Isiah Mckenzie did not need to dive either as he just fumbled the ball to the other team on his punt return. In fact, all of these are like mos statement above that have literally nothing to do with diving, but we shall still label them as such, because......
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

If they went off his fingertips, he didn’t need to dive, he just needed to catch the ball. Besides, Manning was overthrowing everyone, his arm was shot. The problem wasn’t DT not diving for them.
    Had he laid out for it he would have. Emmanual Sanders did.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Reminder: THE WORLD DOES NOT CONSIDER OUT RUNNING PEOPLE OR LEAPING OR STRETCHING OR ONE HANDED CATCHES TO BE DIVING! But that is just the world. Nothing to see here. Move along.

That is why diving has its own word. Weird how that happens. It is kinda like it is its own separate thing. Like it needs its own word and definition. We do not call all short people MO. But according to this logic, maybe we should

Another note on diving: Dovante Booker didnt need to dive because he hurdled a guy to get into the endzone last year. But it was called back on a hold by the rookie. Jeff IRman did not need to dive into the endzone because he broke a tackle and walked right in. Isiah Mckenzie did not need to dive either as he just fumbled the ball to the other team on his punt return. In fact, all of these are like mos statement above that have literally nothing to do with diving, but we shall still label them as such, because......
    Right, he doesn’t have to dive. This criticism is, and always has been, dumb.

This is cool. We should make a thread to get excited for the season. I have one that I love to watch every year. I will post it once I am back from lunch.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Right, he doesn’t have to dive. This criticism is, and always has been, dumb.
    No. He should have. He did not and did not make the catch. Heman dives and makes the catch. The best WR in the game dive and make the catch. DT does not dive. It is square in the face! He does not dive. You cannot argue around it because he does not dive. Unless you mean to tell me that DT is the only WR in the history of the game whos passes are always perfectly places that he does not need to dive. EVERY OTHER WR does, but DT is the lone exception.

The laws of physics cease to exist around DT. I am sorry MO. I forget about that. Silly me.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information