Page 59 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Pass. He has no love on the run.
    Yeah but we’re sharing the same dream

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The thing about missing on QBs in the first round is that they don't help your team at all...

If you miss on a positional player in the 1st round - they might be able to contribute on special teams, or as a backup in some capacity... But a 1st round QB who isn't ready just kills you in the opportunity cost of missing out on another 1st round talent, and then doesn't contribute in any way. I think Elway still wants to give Lynch one more year to develop, and doesn't want to gamble on another QB in the first round...

I think it's possible they could fall in love with a QBOTF if they feel like it's a can't-miss, but I believe his bias is to not take another 1st round QB if he can avoid it.
    Following up on this:

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

That's ******* horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

$7 million is back up QB money in the NFL now. That means nothing.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones 21m21 minutes ago
    Vance Joseph on Case Keenum: "He's a man's man, you know, so that's one his traits I love about him."
    Vance loves men? Huh.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    $7 million is back up QB money in the NFL now. That means nothing.
    It would be a 10 million dollar cap hit to cut him next year. Keenum is here for 2 years at least. Even if he's horrible, he's not getting cut next season. Elway doesn't do big dead cap money. Never has, never will. I disagree with Klis about it meaning that the Broncos absolutely won't draft a QB at 5. That might be the perfect situation for a guy like Josh Allen to sit and learn behind a self made successful QB for 2 years.

It's also no coincidence that Paxton Lynch has one more year after Keenum's contract is over. I don't think Elway is willing to completely give up on the guy he traded up for in the first round 2 years ago. Keenum is the perfect mentor for him as well.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It would be a 10 million dollar cap hit to cut him next year. Keenum is here for 2 years at least. Even if he's horrible, he's not getting cut next season. Elway doesn't do big dead cap money. Never has, never will. I disagree with Klis about it meaning that the Broncos absolutely won't draft a QB at 5. That might be the perfect situation for a guy like Josh Allen to sit and learn behind a self made successful QB for 2 years.

It's also no coincidence that Paxton Lynch has one more year after Keenum's contract is over. I don't think Elway is willing to completely give up on the guy he traded up for in the first round 2 years ago. Keenum is the perfect mentor for him as well.
    I agree completely. And if we do draft a QB at 5 who winds up overtaking Keenum and being our QBOTF the Case will be the backup until his contract is out. It's not a prohibitively expensive deal even if it is a bit much for a backup. It's not to much for what he's presumptively here for, a bridge starter

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I agree completely. And if we do draft a QB at 5 who winds up overtaking Keenum and being our QBOTF the Case will be the backup until his contract is out. It's not a prohibitively expensive deal even if it is a bit much for a backup. It's not to much for what he's presumptively here for, a bridge starter
    I agree. Keenum will start this year but if we have a viable QB ready to go next year, then Keenum is an expensive backup. Or we trade him to a desperate team and only have to eat 3 million. The point is, all options are still open for the draft, despite what Klis says

14. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    27m27 minutes ago

If Broncos stay at No. 5, likely looking at either 4th-best QB, or 2nd-best player from 21 other positions. Barkley likely gone, but Broncos have pick from Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Ridley (WR a need). #9sports

Mike Klis
    1h1 hour ago

So it’s possible top 3 of Big 4 QBs — Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield — are gone by time Broncos will pick at No 5. Increasing odds Broncos do not go QB, although the Baker possibility will be rich talk-show fodder for next 6 weeks. #9sports

Mike Klis
    2h2 hours ago

QB-needy Jets move ahead of Broncos on draft board, from 6 to 3. Trade with Colts. Order is now: 1. Browns 2. Giants 3. Jets 4. Browns 5. Broncos 6. Colts. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

The notion that we'd be taking the fourth best QB assumes that the best QB's are drafted in order. Anyone want to state that Trubisky is better than Watson? If the response is that well, we just don't know which person is better in the long run, then you concede the point.

GM's are playing chess and we're playing checkers (Keenum). Shit! We're playing Keenum!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Has Watson passed a physical since his injury? If not, they can't cut him without an injury settlement can they?

Other than Keenum, Broncos have been very quiet in free agency. They signed the DB, but I'm not even seeing news of other free agents visiting Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Other than Keenum, Broncos have been very quiet in free agency. They signed the DB, but I'm not even seeing news of other free agents visiting Denver.
    The pickin's seem pretty slim along the offensive and defensive lines, where the Broncos have
    the greatest desires. Perhaps they don't see anybody who is better than what they may get in
    the draft? They do have a lot of selections this year, including the top five in each of the first
    three rounds.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

22. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    they spent most of their cash on keenum. . . now they're just waiting to do their bargain basement shopping in the third wave of FA. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information