Page 24 of 160 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    2h2 hours ago

Good news is Broncos can juggle Cousins/Keenum bids as free agency opens. Maybe, McCarron, too. Bad news is Vikings would be top competition for Cousins if they want to go there. #9sports

Mike Klis Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport
    ‏Verified account @RapSheet
    2h2 hours ago

The #Vikings are not expected to franchise tag QB Case Keenum and he’s slated to hit free agency, per sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking. Barring a change of heart, Minnesota joins the fray for a starting QB… and will make these next few weeks fascinating.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    2h2 hours ago

Good news is Broncos can juggle Cousins/Keenum bids as free agency opens. Maybe, McCarron, too. Bad news is Vikings would be top competition for Cousins if they want to go there. #9sports

Mike Klis Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport
    ‏Verified account @RapSheet
    2h2 hours ago

The #Vikings are not expected to franchise tag QB Case Keenum and he’s slated to hit free agency, per sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking. Barring a change of heart, Minnesota joins the fray for a starting QB… and will make these next few weeks fascinating.
    Honestly, I think we just lost out on Cousins. The Vikings have a powerhouse team with a ton of offensive talent. I'd take Diggs over anything we've got without a second thought.

All the other options mentioned (keenum and McCarron) are not good options. We're going to need to draft a QB at pick #5.

I do not know.

The vikes have 3 qbs. Bradford, keenum and teddy......If I was the GM I would rather keep one of the cheaper guys (or guys I used a 1st rd pick on- teddy or trade for bradford) that I know, that knows my system, knows the locker room. I would rather that then try and start over with a new QB who is more expensive.

I do not think we lost out on anything. Maybe the vikings are just using this as a way to keep one of their 3 qbs at a lower rate, by saying they are interested in Kirky.

I am sure we land cousins, and if not it will be keenum. If it is Keenum I have a feeling Rosen my be traded up for. Kirk and Kelly for QB 2018!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Nicki Jhabvala
    ‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala
    38m38 minutes ago

Broncos are rolling over $10.2 million to the 2018 cap, per source.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I do not know.

The vikes have 3 qbs. Bradford, keenum and teddy......If I was the GM I would rather keep one of the cheaper guys (or guys I used a 1st rd pick on- teddy or trade for bradford) that I know, that knows my system, knows the locker room. I would rather that then try and start over with a new QB who is more expensive.
    Yea, but since all three of them are free agents, they don't get to keep any of them. Their two options are to franchise them or outbid the competition (or sign them to something close to fair market value before free agency begins -- I "think" clubs can sign their own UFA's up until the new league year begins).

All of that said, has there been any update on whether or not Bridgewater's stint on PUP actually resulted in losing a year of service? Much like how McCarron was deemed a free agent, there was some talk of the opposite happening with Bridgewater and the fact he could lose a year of service and be back with the Vikings playing under the same salary as the last year of his contract.

Nicki Jhabvala
    38m38 minutes ago

Spotrac had previously assumed $11.4 million when they estimated the Broncos had $27.9 million in cap space, so I guess this means they actually only have $26.7 million. Actually, it's a little less than that, since that's only the top 51 and they will need a $3 million or so for spots 52-56.

It's estimated that the Broncos will need to pay their rookies a little over $11 million (I've been saying 6-7 million, but didn't account for how much higher it was with them being in spot 5), so, it looks like they have about $13 million in cap space for free agents right now.

This assumes they will need to reserve about $3 million for the five roster spots that don't count early in the league year, but will eventually account -- right now it's only top 51 contracts.

They are tight on cap space.

Nicki Jhabvala
    38m38 minutes ago

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Spotrac had previously assumed $11.4 million when they estimated the Broncos had $27.9 million in cap space, so I guess this means they actually only have $26.7 million. Actually, it's a little less than that, since that's only the top 51 and they will need a $3 million or so for spots 52-56.

It's estimated that the Broncos will need to pay their rookies a little over $11 million (I've been saying 6-7 million, but didn't account for how much higher it was with them being in spot 5), so, it looks like they have about $13 million in cap space for free agents right now.

This assumes they will need to reserve about $3 million for the five roster spots that don't count early in the league year, but will eventually account -- right now it's only top 51 contracts.

They are tight on cap space.
    Ok big miss on my part. Spotrac and over the cap already have rookie pool figured in, so I've been counting it twice.

So, depending on the final NFL 2018 cap, the Broncos have $26 - $28 million in room.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, but since all three of them are free agents, they don't get to keep any of them. Their two options are to franchise them or outbid the competition (or sign them to something close to fair market value before free agency begins -- I "think" clubs can sign their own UFA's up until the new league year begins).

All of that said, has there been any update on whether or not Bridgewater's stint on PUP actually resulted in losing a year of service? Much like how McCarron was deemed a free agent, there was some talk of the opposite happening with Bridgewater and the fact he could lose a year of service and be back with the Vikings playing under the same salary as the last year of his contract.

12. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Broncos better be examining those rookie QBs hard and not miss...as it is looking very possible we may miss on Cousins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Cousins to Minnesota picking up steam. I think that makes a ton of sense - and if I were him, I'd probably prefer their current setup to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Cousins to Minnesota picking up steam. I think that makes a ton of sense - and if I were him, I'd probably prefer their current setup to ours.
    Man, I just couldn’t get down with living in Minnesota

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I suspect $30 mil a year might get you there. At least their stadiums is indoors now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Minnesota is actually a really nice state.

For 3-4 months, anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I suspect $30 mil a year might get you there. At least their stadiums is indoors now.
    Hell. I'd live with you for $30 million a year.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information