Page 5 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Kiper also pulled out the ol' "stats are for losers" today when talking about his mock, so there's that.
    That just means he's a moron, which everybody knows. What that does NOT mean is that he's wrong. Being a giant draft celebrity, he talks to everybody and knows everybody and gets all kinds of info from sources on teams. Then he repeats the stuff like he thought of it.

When his info is good, he sounds like a genius, and when it's bad like a moron. But, I don't know if he has any original thoughts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

not to be outdone by our raid on their scrubs, the bears have pilfered one of our scrubs (brock olivo) in return. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I figured. What did he do? Steal some shit to feed his drug habit?
    Exactly!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Wyoming QB Josh Allen ready for up-close with Broncos at Senior Bowl: “I want to prove I belong”

MOBILE, Ala. — Josh Allen didn’t get a chance to talk to John Elway when the Broncos’ general manager stood on the sideline of the Potato Bowl in Boise, Idaho, in December. But he saw enough.

As Allen glanced over during his three-touchdown performance that afternoon, he saw the Broncos’ plans for 2018 beginning to take shape.

“It’s fun to look over there and see a guy with as a great stature as John Elway,” Allen said Monday at the Senior Bowl’s introductory news conference. “It’s really cool that he went to one of my games. It speaks a lot about what the Denver Broncos are trying to do this offseason. I actually got a chance to speak with them right now. Super good guy, super down to earth and obviously he wants to win. And he’s doing the right thing by being down here and scouting as many players as he can and ultimately he’s going to make the best decision for that franchise.”
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/2...s-senior-bowl/

Allen's full interview here. He appears to be very intelligent - https://www.seniorbowl.com/news-high...l.php?news=777

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

MileHighReport is saying that Walter's football and Sporting News is saying they are going to go hard after Cousins and Lynch might be gone whether drafting a QB or signing Cousins. No link to Walters or Sporting News with this, only MHR.

Walter Football like Sporting News’s Eric Galko is saying that many expect the Broncos will make a “huge run” for Kirk Cousins and that Lynch’s future with the team will be in danger if they sign him.
    Speaking of Lynch, it will be interesting to see if he becomes available this offseason. Sources with Denver tell me that Lynch was not popular in the locker room and obviously has underwhelmed to the point that the Broncos are aggressively scouting the top 2018 quarterbacks while also considering the veteran market for a new starter. In speaking to Denver sources and those at other teams, many are expecting the Broncos to make a huge run at acquiring Kirk Cousins this offsesaon. If Denver lands Cousins, Lynch could be available in a trade and will have to fight for a roster spot.
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...n-kirk-cousins

A goofy clown who doesn't take his job seriously and flat out sucked when it matters is not popular in the locker room? Shocker...

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    A goofy clown who doesn't take his job seriously and flat out sucked when it matters is not popular in the locker room? Shocker...
    I have it on good authority that PL read this thread and took exception to the word clown.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m sure he was one of the guys that Wolfe was referring to when he described young guys as “entitled”. Lynch was a 1st round pick, he knew he’d get the start eventually no matter how hard he worked.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I have it on good authority that PL read this thread and took exception to the word clown.
    I'm a pirate, damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Sorry "Clown Pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m sure he was one of the guys that Wolfe was referring to when he described young guys as “entitled”. Lynch was a 1st round pick, he knew he’d get the start eventually no matter how hard he worked.
    I'm positive you are right. During preseason basically seemed to not give a crap because he thought the job was his. There was talk in the offseason that when they named TS starter he was caught off guard by it.

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I'm a pirate, damnit.
    Thank you for spelling damnit correctly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    This is hilarious. Ken Bell "set up" the drive by fumbling the kickoff and leaving Denver stranded on the 2 yard line. He gets credit for that?
    He put the Browns right where we wanted 'em! Of course he gets credit!

16. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I'm positive you are right. During preseason basically seemed to not give a crap because he thought the job was his. There was talk in the offseason that when they named TS starter he was caught off guard by it.
    All true, but it hardly matters at this point. He collected his $2m or whatever, and they are moving on. He can take that money and invest it in a good retirement account and retire to the Bahamas where nobody will ever care that he was a former 1st round draft pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Vance Joseph’s evaluation of QBs, others at Senior Bowl extend beyond on-field play

MOBILE, Ala. – Vance Joseph walked into an auditorium inside a waterfront hotel here on Monday evening and made his way around the room to shake hands and introduce himself. Then he got straight to work. A Powerpoint presentation flashed onto a video screen as dozens of aspiring NFL players watched intently, hanging on his every word.

Joseph talked to them about the life of a pro, with hours of meetings and film study. He talked to them about what he’s looking for when he roams the sidelines of the Senior Bowl this week and evaluates each player’s potential as a future Bronco. “We want Broncos,” he told them, and it’s about the player, but also the person. It’s about work ethic and leadership and “guys who just love football.”
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/2...ck-evaluation/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information