Page 18 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You can have it all, my empire of Wolfe.
    He will let us down...he will just get...hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He will let us down...he will just get...hurt.
    Not before he beats someone with his bloody arm

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I detest paying chunks of cash to talented guys who rarely play. He's a mirage, NT.
    He is a DE and the best we have. He has missed 3 games last last season, 0 season before, 4 games season before that. Miased 7 games in his 4 years. And he is on a team friendly contract that he got paid way less then Jackson and produced more while here.
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 02-15-2018 at 06:31 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

NT was an abbreviation for your name and not his position. Sorry for the confusion!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

NT was an abbreviation for your name and not his position. Sorry for the confusion!
    If you're sorry, then quit being confused you daft jackhole!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If you're sorry, then quit being confused you daft jackhole!

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    3h3 hours ago

Happy birthday to Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, who was born 74 years ago today in Prairie du Chien, Wis. Pretty good life. Not sure there's been an NFL owner with a greater body work with his team and league. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following 13 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Barnwell has been doing columns on five moves each team should make this off season, and he's up to the AFC West today. He advocates the Broncos going after Cousins:

If Cousins wants to play in Denver, the Broncos will pay up. What would a Cousins deal look like? Assuming the 29-year-old craves the stability Washington failed to offer him, the Broncos are probably looking at a minimum of five years and possibly a six-year contract. Elway tends to avoid larger signing bonuses and prefers roster bonuses early in contracts for cap purposes, but given how massive the Cousins extension is likely to be, the Broncos might not have much of a choice.

There's no way to make a Cousins deal cheap, but here's how the Broncos could frame a six-year, $180-million deal with a $40 million signing bonus and an even $100 million payable over the first three years, all of which would be practically guaranteed:
    Year Base
    Salary Signing
    Bonus Roster
    Bonus Workout
    Bonus Cap
    Hit
    2018 $3.5 million $8 million $12.5 million $150,000 $24.15 million
    2019 $9 million $8 million $12 million $350,000 $29.35 million
    2020 $15 million $8 million $7 million $500,000 $30.5 million
    2021 $18 million $8 million $5 million $600,000 $31.6 million
    2022 $21 million $8 million $5 million $750,000 $34.75 million
    2023 $27.5 million $0 $1.35 million $800,000 $29.65 million
    Totals $94 million $40 million $42.85 million $3.15 million $180 million
    He also says, among other things, to pick up Ray's fifth year option. Any interesting tidbit in there on Barrett though - I think we all assume they'll tender and keep Barrett but he wasn't really as productive as I thought he was:

The Denver pass rush was down across the board in 2017. Von Miller wasn't as productive as he had been the previous year. DeMarcus Ware retired, and while that opened up a role for Shaquil Barrett in the pass-rush rotation, Barrett only mustered four sacks and 12 knockdowns despite playing 67.2 percent of the defensive snaps.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...-bill-barnwell

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Signing Cousins would be so exciting. Imagine if he was the real deal and we got our guy for the next five to seven years.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Signing Cousins would be so exciting. Imagine if he was the real deal and we got our guy for the next five to seven years.
    Agreed, but flip side is the possibility of mortgaging the future for a middle tier QB.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Big dick gotta style - sign that boy.

Ibarely know what that means.

Big dick gotta style - sign that boy.

Ibarely know what that means.
    I don't think I want to touch that three inch pole...

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Agreed, but flip side is the possibility of mortgaging the future for a middle tier QB.
    The alternative of not getting Cousins? Mediocrity, rebuilding, wasted time with some of our top performers on D, etc.

I think passing on Cousins is a bigger risk. He might not be the best QB out there, but if he's above average he's a LOT better than we've had lately.

21. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The alternative of not getting Cousins? Mediocrity, rebuilding, wasted time with some of our top performers on D, etc.

I think passing on Cousins is a bigger risk. He might not be the best QB out there, but if he's above average he's a LOT better than we've had lately.
    Maybe, but he'll be the highest paid QB in the history of the league. Is he the best? Is he even top 5? Top 10?

I'm torn on this. It's possible the team could win now with Cousins (even with the deep cuts the team will have to make to afford him), but it's not a given at will come at huge cost. It might be that for the highest contract in NFL history that Cousins is good enough to all the Broncos to get close every year, but never beyond that, which as we've seen in the past is a type of purgatory.

The flip side is drafting a QB in the top five is no guarantee and we might have a bust and then be right back to the drawing board in a year or so.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Maybe, but he'll be the highest paid QB in the history of the league. Is he the best? Is he even top 5? Top 10?

I'm torn on this. It's possible the team could win now with Cousins (even with the deep cuts the team will have to make to afford him), but it's not a given at will come at huge cost. It might be that for the highest contract in NFL history that Cousins is good enough to all the Broncos to get close every year, but never beyond that, which as we've seen in the past is a type of purgatory.

The flip side is drafting a QB in the top five is no guarantee and we might have a bust and then be right back to the drawing board in a year or so.
    Every QB that gets a deal is the new highest paid QB in the league. Will he still be the highest paid next year? No. Definitely not in two years. It's just how it goes. I don't think there's a better FA option, and there's definitely no can't miss draft star that we can nab. Short of the Colts making Luck available Cousins seems to be our best bet.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information