Page 152 of 160 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2392

Thread: Off-Season Notes, press conferences, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Did DT make Manning look good, or did Manning make DT look good?

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Reminder: THE WORLD DOES NOT CONSIDER OUT RUNNING PEOPLE OR LEAPING OR STRETCHING OR ONE HANDED CATCHES TO BE DIVING! But that is just the world. Nothing to see here. Move along.

That is why diving has its own word. Weird how that happens. It is kinda like it is its own separate thing. Like it needs its own word and definition. We do not call all short people MO. But according to this logic, maybe we should

Another note on diving: Dovante Booker didnt need to dive because he hurdled a guy to get into the endzone last year. But it was called back on a hold by the rookie. Jeff IRman did not need to dive into the endzone because he broke a tackle and walked right in. Isiah Mckenzie did not need to dive either as he just fumbled the ball to the other team on his punt return. In fact, all of these are like mos statement above that have literally nothing to do with diving, but we shall still label them as such, because......
    Well maybe you don't but you also don't speak everyone else. It's the same thing as laying out. You were making point Thomas doesn't give effort, well the highlight reel provided by MO should that your evaluation is off imo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Did DT make Manning look good, or did Manning make DT look good?
    Both. Before Manning's arm was shot he was deadly accurate, but iirc Thomas in the top in yac during same period of time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I do not know why dont you ask the WR who do it and make the catches? Ask Hemann or Eddiemac. Julio, megatron or Antonio Brown. They have some amazing plays tht can only be made by diving.
    Sometimes you have to dive for a football. This is like football 101. The elite, the best of the best do it. DT does not.
    Unless you're an elite receiver who positions himself properly and can run (strongly) after the catch.

BroncosForums 100 - UR 0

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Well maybe you don't but you also don't speak everyone else. It's the same thing as laying out. You were making point Thomas doesn't give effort, well the highlight reel provided by MO should that your evaluation is off imo.

Youre. Killing. Me. Smalls.
    I did not make the point that he does not give effort. It takes effort to block. It takes effort to break tackles. It takes effort to make a catch over the middle. It takes effort to sky like 20 ft in the air like he did against KC one time to make the TD catch. It takes effort to be on Kick Return. I have never said he does not give effort. Nor that he is not a good WR. Nor that he sucks. I have said time and time again that he does not dive for balls, which is a fact, which is also what imo separates him from being in as best WR in the NFL.

Also, Diving and Laying out are, but running, jumping, leaping, stretching, etc are not. That does speak for everyone. That is why they have their own word and different definition in the english language. The book we refer to as a dictionary. The dictionary does speak for everyone who speaks this language. They all agree that diving is different from running and jumping and reaching and everything else.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Unless you're an elite receiver who positions himself properly and can run (strongly) after the catch.

BroncosForums 100 - UR 0

Yes, DT is the ONLY WR in NFL history who has never needed to dive for a ball. THE ONLY!
    Better check that scoreboard and the laws of physics and probability while you are at it. Unless you plan to say DT is sooooooooo good he does not need to dive. He is the best WR in NFL history and there is no need to dive.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Keenum should bring back DT from the inept QBism he has seen the last few years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Youre. Killing. Me. Smalls.
    I did not make the point that he does not give effort. It takes effort to block. It takes effort to break tackles. It takes effort to make a catch over the middle. It takes effort to sky like 20 ft in the air like he did against KC one time to make the TD catch. It takes effort to be on Kick Return. I have never said he does not give effort. Nor that he is not a good WR. Nor that he sucks. I have said time and time again that he does not dive for balls, which is a fact, which is also what imo separates him from being in as best WR in the NFL.

Also, Diving and Laying out are, but running, jumping, leaping, stretching, etc are not. That does speak for everyone. That is why they have their own word and different definition in the english language. The book we refer to as a dictionary. The dictionary does speak for everyone who speaks this language. They all agree that diving is different from running and jumping and reaching and everything else.
    Elite player give effort do they not? You made that connection whether you can admit it not. I don't care. Laying out is just one aspect, you have stilled understanding of what it means I don't what tell you other than I think you mistake. Btw making a one handed going across the middle is considering laying out for pass. Btw go and check out the definition, the way it is used in football in a the dictionary.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/layout

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yes, DT is the ONLY WR in NFL history who has never needed to dive for a ball. THE ONLY!
    Better check that scoreboard and the laws of physics and probability while you are at it. Unless you plan to say DT is sooooooooo good he does not need to dive. He is the best WR in NFL history and there is no need to dive.
    Who has made the claim that D. Thomas is the best receiver in NFL history?

FYI, I did check the score and it's BroncosForums 107-UR 0

Sorry bro.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Show me an example of a time when DT should have dove for a ball, but didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Show me an example of a time when DT should have dove for a ball, but didn't.
    He also beat the Steelers.

15. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Ah - the dreaded "never" quote again.

Take your loss, UR. You're out of your league and on the street homeless at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I thought that was Tebow?

Shane?

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    But he didn’t dive.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Ah - the dreaded "never" quote again.

Take your loss, UR. You're out of your league and on the street homeless at this point.
    How so. No one can refute my claim at all. Not a single one. No one can. Beat me Joe (not that way, at least not yet sexy pants)

Find me 5 times he has diven for a pass. Find me anyone who would take DT over Antonio Brown, Julio, Megatron, etc. Find me any years that DT was the concesus #1 WR in the NFL....or number 2 or 3 or 4 or 5.....The one Manning year that we set all of the records in NFL history I still do not belive he was. He may have been but I dont recall he was.

My money says that you may be able to find like 1. So far no one has. What is it......? #joehasnoclothes ?
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information