Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DT could be a free agent March 14th

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    And Keenum is a way better QB than what we've had the last two years.
    I don't think Thielen puts up those numbers with our shitty QB play.
    In general team-building theory (not in any specific team case), I fully agree with Wave that a top-flight quarterback is always more important than a top-flight receiver, but that goes for every single position on the field. The quarterback is always the most important piece.

To the Broncos specifically, I just look at cap estimates and I don't see why Denver can't have both, and in addition have faith in the front office that they can make that work under the cap restraints, just like they did with Manning. I'm not convinced Cousins is that guy, but the Broncos might go that route because he's the best option.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    In general team-building theory (not in any specific team case), I fully agree with Wave that a top-flight quarterback is always more important than a top-flight receiver, but that goes for every single position on the field. The quarterback is always the most important piece.

To the Broncos specifically, I just look at cap estimates and I don't see why Denver can't have both, and in addition have faith in the front office that they can make that work under the cap restraints, just like they did with Manning. I'm not convinced Cousins is that guy, but the Broncos might go that route because he's the best option.
    I mean yeah, if we can afford cousins, DT, and Sanders and still have room under the cap to fill other holes, I'm all for it. I don't know how realistic that is, but it would be great if Elway could pull it off.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Let's see if Keenum continues his production next year before we label him way better.

Until this year I don't think you could argue he was any better than anyone we have. He fell into a perfect system, let's see if it continues.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You have an argument, but Minnesota isn't the example to use. Thielen was top 10 in catches and top 5 in yards. He's a stud.
    I'll hold off with the praise until he does it as long as DT has.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Let's see if Keenum continues his production next year before we label him way better.

Until this year I don't think you could argue he was any better than anyone we have. He fell into a perfect system, let's see if it continues.
    Ecactly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You have an argument, but Minnesota isn't the example to use. Thielen was top 10 in catches and top 5 in yards. He's a stud.
    The highlight of the playoffs so far for me has been watching Thielen and Lattimore go at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The highlight of the playoffs so far for me has been watching Thielen and Lattimore go at it.
    And Jalen Ramsey doing his best Champ Bailey impression.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

....and Diggs would have had all Pro #’s if he wouldn’t have gotten hurt. I believe he was leading the league in yards before the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Having someone who is difficult to cover is huge, especially when you have a qb who can get the ball to them.

Gronk
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Stephon Diggs

The only team that doesn’t have a receiver producing at a high level is Jacksonville who is winning with defense
    The problem is that neither Sanders nor DT is an elite WR any more. Both are on the downside of their careers and are overpaid. Fortunately, DT can be negotiated downward, since he won't be able to get his money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The problem is that neither Sanders nor DT is an elite WR any more. Both are on the downside of their careers and are overpaid. Fortunately, DT can be negotiated downward, since he won't be able to get his money elsewhere.
    They would probably still be elite if they had someone throwing them the stinking ball.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Originally Posted by Rick View Post

If you don't want Case Keenum, you can relax. Minnesota is going to sign him to a long term deal or franchise him. He's going nowhere after the Miracle In Minnesota and the resulting fan delirium.

They will have to release Teddy Bridgewater unless Keenum signs quickly though, and will release Sam Bradford in any case.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information