Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116

Thread: DT could be a free agent March 14th

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    5280!
    Adopted Bronco:
    CSU Guy...Shaquil Barrett!
    Posts
    31,882

    Default DT could be a free agent March 14th

    Thomas' contract contains a $4 million option bonus due by the last day of the league year on March 14. If the Broncos decline to exercise it, the final two seasons of Thomas' contracts are voided, making him a free agent. The dead money makes this interesting. It would be $4.4 million less a $1.33 million cap charge already absorbed for one-third of the bonus.

    Translation: the dead cap money would be $3.07 million. Is that a manageable figure? It's a fair question if the Broncos want to allocate their money differently this offseason. Thomas, 30, is due to make $8.5 million in base salary next season
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...esting-wrinkle
    ďItís called DEFWU, ĎDonít ever f*** with us,'Ē Wolfe concluded of just what it is with this team. ďWe arenít going to go looking for a fight, but if you want a fight, weíre gonna fight you.Ē

    I miss Nut...
    AGap - 09-18-2010 07:41 AM
    GEM, you have been a real dik lately.
    AGap - 11-28-2010 12:59 PM
    why don't you and Eric Decker get married or something. Peace out bitch (j/k)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chad kelly
    Posts
    8,352

    Default

    Brilliant idea, freeing up enough cap space so we can overpay a QB by cutting one of our only 2 reliable receivers.

    #championship
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  3. #3

    Default

    I heard this earlier today. Sportrac had DT listed as a $15m cap hit, which is prohibitive, but $3.5m is clearly doable. They could ask him to reduce his salary, and he might do it. That is a likely scenario.

    They apparently tried to trade him during the season, but failed to find a buyer.

    "I like Jake Butts and I can not lie You other brothers can't deny"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    44,207

    Default

    If he goes, people are going to be sad af when they realize how good ES actually is.
    What's shaking, chiefy baby?

  5. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:


  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    60,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Brilliant idea, freeing up enough cap space so we can overpay a QB by cutting one of our only 2 reliable receivers.

    #championship
    Yea, because we won a Championship because of him...errr wait. lmao

  7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    44,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, because we won a Championship because of him...errr wait. lmao
    We have won playoff games on his back, doe.

    If his departure gets us the ability to sign Cousin, or go ham in FA then it be what it be.
    What's shaking, chiefy baby?

  9. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    37,421

    Default

    I'd be ok with it. He isn't getting any younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    44,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'd be ok with it. He isn't getting any younger.
    This is also fair.
    What's shaking, chiefy baby?

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Big Sky Country
    Posts
    19,303

    Default

    I hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Timmy's right
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Iím the hobbit.

  13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:


  14. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    303
    Adopted Bronco:
    chris harris, terrell davis, dr. velcro
    Posts
    35,138

    Default

    i think he's gone if he doesn't restructure, and it's probably the right move. . .sorry, MO. . . IMO, he has lost a step, and isn't worth that contract anymore. . . that doesn't change the fact that he's the only thing close to resembling a number one receiver on this roster, and our already pathetic excuse for an offense is likely to sink even lower without him. . . sadly, it's sounding like talib day's are probably numbered as well. . . time stops for no man. . . it looks to me like we're still paying for that super bowl win, and ultimately i'm okay with that. . .

    but the FO's inability to draft quality talent is about to get badly exposed if we do in fact lose guys like DT, talib, CJ or sanders. . . because we don't seem to have adequate replacements in the pipeline for any of them aside from roby stepping in for aqib, and we don't have anyone ready to replace roby on the depth chart. . . we got by with existing talent and free agents for a while, but you can only ride that horse so long. . . the failure of high picks like packin' lunch, osweasel, montee ball, hillman, heuermann, latimer, schofield and samfrailo has set this franchise back in a major way, and we're going to end up as a bottom dweller if they can't do better than that going forward. . . i was really disappointed that they didn't do anything more to beef up the FO than increasing gary's role. . . if we can't do better in this draft, they have no choice but to bring in some outside help if we want to stay relevant. . . your drinking buddies aren't getting it done, john. . .

  15. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  16. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chad kelly
    Posts
    8,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, because we won a Championship because of him...errr wait. lmao
    So you believe that we can win a SB with Cousin only throwing the ball to Sanders?
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    44,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think he's gone if he doesn't restructure, and it's probably the right move. . .sorry, MO. . . IMO, he has lost a step, and isn't worth that contract anymore. . . that doesn't change the fact that he's the only thing close to resembling a number one receiver on this roster, and our already pathetic excuse for an offense is likely to sink even lower without him. . . sadly, it's sounding like talib day's are probably numbered as well. . . time stops for no man. . . it looks to me like we're still paying for that super bowl win, and ultimately i'm okay with that. . .

    but the FO's inability to draft quality talent is about to get badly exposed if we do in fact lose guys like DT, talib, CJ or sanders. . . because we don't seem to have adequate replacements in the pipeline for any of them aside from roby stepping in for aqib, and we don't have anyone ready to replace roby on the depth chart. . . we got by with existing talent and free agents for a while, but you can only ride that horse so long. . . the failure of high picks like packin' lunch, osweasel, montee ball, hillman, heuermann, latimer, schofield and samfrailo has set this franchise back in a major way, and we're going to end up as a bottom dweller if they can't do better than that going forward. . . i was really disappointed that they didn't do anything more to beef up the FO than increasing gary's role. . . if we can't do better in this draft, they have no choice but to bring in some outside help if we want to stay relevant. . . your drinking buddies aren't getting it done, john. . .
    Sounds like you want us to just hit pure rebuild mode, which I don't blame you for.
    What's shaking, chiefy baby?

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Case Keenum
    Posts
    9,756

    Default

    Thanks for the memories DT. Good luck, and i hope you go to the NFC.

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    37,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think he's gone if he doesn't restructure, and it's probably the right move. . .sorry, MO. . . IMO, he has lost a step, and isn't worth that contract anymore. . . that doesn't change the fact that he's the only thing close to resembling a number one receiver on this roster, and our already pathetic excuse for an offense is likely to sink even lower without him. . . sadly, it's sounding like talib day's are probably numbered as well. . . time stops for no man. . . it looks to me like we're still paying for that super bowl win, and ultimately i'm okay with that. . .

    but the FO's inability to draft quality talent is about to get badly exposed if we do in fact lose guys like DT, talib, CJ or sanders. . . because we don't seem to have adequate replacements in the pipeline for any of them aside from roby stepping in for aqib, and we don't have anyone ready to replace roby on the depth chart. . . we got by with existing talent and free agents for a while, but you can only ride that horse so long. . . the failure of high picks like packin' lunch, osweasel, montee ball, hillman, heuermann, latimer, schofield and samfrailo has set this franchise back in a major way, and we're going to end up as a bottom dweller if they can't do better than that going forward. . . i was really disappointed that they didn't do anything more to beef up the FO than increasing gary's role. . . if we can't do better in this draft, they have no choice but to bring in some outside help if we want to stay relevant. . . your drinking buddies aren't getting it done, john. . .
    100% agree with all of this. Mo is going to get pissy at you for your DT take, but it's the correct one. He's either lost a step, has stopped caring, or both. Dude just disappears way too much for what he's getting paid. I'd love to keep him if he'd be willing to restructure, but we'll see if that happens. Harder to convince a guy to restructure when it doesn't look like you're gonna be contending for a Super Bowl any time soon, though. If he's gonna take a paycut, he'll probably take it somewhere with a chance to win. Or he'll just go to some shitty team that will throw another big contract at him.

    As for the rest, totally agree on that as well. We have like 6 of the first 100ish picks this year. Elway has never needed to nail a draft more than he needs to nail this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'm a ******* idiot.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

  20. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  21. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    60,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    So you believe that we can win a SB with Cousin only throwing the ball to Sanders?
    No.

    But having a guy like DT is a waste if you dont have a QB who can actually get him the ball. But, a good QB can always elevate players around them, wide receivers not so much. At this point in time Denver needs a QB more than one good receiver.

  22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group