Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: DT could be a free agent March 14th

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But when you factor in the money, even if his replacement is a downgrade, it might free up the cash to upgrade elsewhere.
    Possibly. I wouldn't rule it completely out, I just would be careful. Even with his faults, he's an impressive receiver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Possibly. I wouldn't rule it completely out, I just would be careful. Even with his faults, he's an impressive receiver.
    I become less and less convinced by the year that you need an elite WR to win. Feels more like a luxury than a necessity. Who is the best WR even left in the playoffs? How many rings to Brown, OBJ, Fitzgerald, Green, and CJ have?

I'd rather take my chances with cousins and average WRs than an average QB and great WRs.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

But when you factor in the money, even if his replacement is a downgrade, it might free up the cash to upgrade elsewhere.
    And make ES the #1? No thanks

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    ES would be one of the best if not the best WR left of any team still in the playoffs. Like I said, you really don't need receivers to win. I'd rather use that money at QB or to beef up the oline or the defense.

I become less and less convinced by the year that you need an elite WR to win. Feels more like a luxury than a necessity. Who is the best WR even left in the playoffs? How many rings to Brown, OBJ, Fitzgerald, Green, and CJ have?

I'd rather take my chances with cousins and average WRs than an average QB and great WRs.
    Having someone who is difficult to cover is huge, especially when you have a qb who can get the ball to them.

Gronk
    Alshon Jeffrey
    Stephon Diggs

The only team that doesn’t have a receiver producing at a high level is Jacksonville who is winning with defense

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Gronk I'll give you, the other 2 I think are every bit in Sanders league. I'm not saying you should be totally devoid of talent at the position, but I don't think it's even close to necessary to have the kind of cash tied up there that we do when there are so many holes elsewhere on our roster.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Gronk I'll give you, the other 2 I think are every bit in Sanders league. I'm not saying you should be totally devoid of talent at the position, but I don't think it's even close to necessary to have the kind of cash tied up there that we do when there are so many holes elsewhere on our roster.
    So we make another hole.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Outside of playing with Manning ES has never had a 1k yard year. I get the sum of what you’re saying, but just don’t agree.

I don’t believe ES is on a level with those guys. He doesn’t have the physciality of Jeffries or the speed of Diggs. Jeffries had multiple 1k yard seasons in Chicago, and I believe was over 1400 once.

ES was the #3 or #4 guy on Pittsburgh and is probably the most overrated receiver ever to put on a Denver uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    ES is likely gone. His sexual assault is making news again and with the current #metoo trend going around, I am betting the team will cut him loose to avoid bad PR.

Even without that, ES is two years older, had a bad year, has a lower cap hit and a higher cap savings than DT does.

Writing is on the wall and ES might as well pack his bags. His contract (and the $8M it frees up with a $2M cap hit) make him very expendable.

*Edit* to clarify, I know he got let off the hook for it, but it's a bad time to remind people that it happened at all with the current climate. I am not making a judgement on the matter, but I'm just saying, along with all other things, I don't see us keeping him.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 01-18-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Time to see what Sunshine can do, both as starting QB and #1 WR.

If Mariotta can throw himself a TD pass then so can Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Time to see what Sunshine can do, both as starting QB and #1 WR.

If Mariotta can throw himself a TD pass then so can Sunshine.
    Honestly, we've seen enough out of Sunshine and Latimier this year, that I would be comfortable giving them an expanded role. (I doubt that's a popular opinion, but that's how I feel) I'd be alright with DT/Sunshine and Latimer in the slot (if we resign him obviously.)

If not we can always sign a FA or draft someone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Same.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol, agreed. Diggs and Jeffrey are nowhere in DTs league. The sad truth is WR is starting to become more like RB position where you just need solid players and not star players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol, agreed. Diggs and Jeffrey are nowhere in DTs league. The sad truth is WR is starting to become more like RB position where you just need solid players and not star players.
    You have an argument, but Minnesota isn't the example to use. Thielen was top 10 in catches and top 5 in yards. He's a stud.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You have an argument, but Minnesota isn't the example to use. Thielen was top 10 in catches and top 5 in yards. He's a stud.
    And Keenum is a way better QB than what we've had the last two years.
    I don't think Thielen puts up those numbers with our shitty QB play.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information