Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: DT could be a free agent March 14th

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Seven drops in 140 targets. Half of 1 percent of his targets. Man, it's just so insignificant.

Would be a huge mistake to handcuff a new quarterback by taking away his best option before the two even play a game together.
    I think the only way we'd get rid of him would be to afford Cousins, and I think Cousins would be good enough to make it work with whatever WRs we had. If we draft someone to be the guy, I'd assume DT stays.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Seven drops in 140 targets. Half of 1 percent of his targets. Man, it's just so insignificant.

Would be a huge mistake to handcuff a new quarterback by taking away his best option before the two even play a game together.
    And yet he still catches a greater percentage of his target than Sanders

3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    And yet he still catches a greater percentage of his target than Sanders
    That doesn't take into account how accurate the pass is, though. The pass could sail 10 yards over the WR's head but that still counts as a "target" that the WR didn't catch. It would make sense that ES has a lower rate there since a lot of his routes are deeper down the field and those passes tend to be less accurate. Many of DT's targets are on shorter routes set up to get him YAC, so it would make sense that more of the balls thrown his way are catchable.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont even care about his occasional stone hands. But for me personally im quite tired of having shitty QB play and we need to upgrade there PERIOD. We have two very good receivers yet one is more costly than the other. People need to wake up, gone are the days of keeping every single player on one team that we grow attached to and receivers are no different than RB's at this stage and far more expendable than QB's. Im not sure that DT will even be gone but if a sacrifice has to be made between Sanders and DT than DT gets the short end of the stick. It just is what it is but then you roll with Sanders and either sign a FA or draft a guy. Its not really that hard to understand here folks.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Found the following. Unless I do not understand it, there is not much difference between DT and Sanders

Denver Broncos 2018 Salary Cap

An updated look at the Denver Broncos 2018 salary cap table, including team cap space, dead cap figures, and complete breakdowns of player cap hits, salaries, and bonuses.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont even care about his occasional stone hands. But for me personally im quite tired of having shitty QB play and we need to upgrade there PERIOD. We have two very good receivers yet one is more costly than the other. People need to wake up, gone are the days of keeping every single player on one team that we grow attached to and receivers are no different than RB's at this stage and far more expendable than QB's. Im not sure that DT will even be gone but if a sacrifice has to be made between Sanders and DT than DT gets the short end of the stick. It just is what it is but then you roll with Sanders and either sign a FA or draft a guy. Its not really that hard to understand here folks.
    They are going to try and restructure DT's contract and give him a pay cut. Well, he can either take the pay cut here or go elsewhere and try and get more money. But, he's not commanding anything like $15m. He's no longer an elite game-breaking WR.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That doesn't take into account how accurate the pass is, though. The pass could sail 10 yards over the WR's head but that still counts as a "target" that the WR didn't catch. It would make sense that ES has a lower rate there since a lot of his routes are deeper down the field and those passes tend to be less accurate. Many of DT's targets are on shorter routes set up to get him YAC, so it would make sense that more of the balls thrown his way are catchable.
    But that would also apply to ES as well, who catches his fair share of shorter routes, too.

I agree with you about cutting DT if it means we get KC. But if we are drafting a rookie WR, DT becomes much more valuable to the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think the only way we'd get rid of him would be to afford Cousins, and I think Cousins would be good enough to make it work with whatever WRs we had. If we draft someone to be the guy, I'd assume DT stays.
    They might try and re-negotiate his contract in either case. They stupidly let him hit FA and THEN tried negotiating a deal, which he's no longer worth. The question is whether he will take a pay-cut or try his luck elsewhere.

Since we learned that the huge cap hit that was reported on his contract, was in fact not true. It's more like $3.5m which means they could very well cut or trade him if he won't re-structure. And his leverage is less than great because no team is going to pay him what he's due this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Agreed. Both DT and Sanders had very down years. I find it hard to believe they have both regressed that far. The regression comes from the QB position which has sucked the last two years.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

14. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I'm not sold on DT like I have been in years past. For one he hardly ever seems to be open and for two he doesn't have the best hands. Add to it he isn't much of a leader, I can see this being his last year.

16. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    But that would also apply to ES as well, who catches his fair share of shorter routes, too.

I agree with you about cutting DT if it means we get KC. But if we are drafting a rookie WR, DT becomes much more valuable to the team.
    ES is older and counts more against the cap. DT is the wrong receiver to dump if we need to do that.

18. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I'm not sold on DT like I have been in years past. For one he hardly ever seems to be open and for two he doesn't have the best hands. Add to it he isn't much of a leader, I can see this being his last year.
    He's open - we've had horrible QB's and he's not going to be the one to nickle and dime the defense. His hands are fine. That argument is statistically irrelevant and vastly overblown. ES is far from a leader, too. He's a bit of a diva.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Not to mention harder to get open when teams can focus on 2 receivers because there is 0 slot game and 0 TE game going on.

22. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

DT drops too many balls. That's a given.

He doesn't play as physical (fight for the ball, win jump balls, etc) as you would want given the physical specimen he is.

That said, if you let him go, what are the odds his replacement would be better? In my opinion, pretty low odds his replacement would be better. So, dumping him would almost certainly be a downgrade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    DT drops too many balls. That's a given.

He doesn't play as physical (fight for the ball, win jump balls, etc) as you would want given the physical specimen he is.

That said, if you let him go, what are the odds his replacement would be better? In my opinion, pretty low odds his replacement would be better. So, dumping him would almost certainly be a downgrade.
    But when you factor in the money, even if his replacement is a downgrade, it might free up the cash to upgrade elsewhere.

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information