Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 146

Thread: 2017-2018 College Basketball Thread

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Patrick
    Posts
    83,903

    Default

    Let us count the coaches that Kat-backers have run out of town...

    Lon Kruger
    Dana Altman
    Bob Huggins
    Frank Martin

    Bruce Weber?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Is there also a reason he was drafted in the 3rd round?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes, the reason he was drafted in the 3rd round is because no one drafted him in the 2nd round.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,488

    Default

    How bad can Oklahoma look and still get in? The media sold this young kid as a big star and I think the NCAA are going to push him into the tourney no matter how many games OU loses building up to it. What are they 2-12 in their last 14 games? If they were an NFL team, they'd be in line for a top draft choice.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    61,221

    Default


  4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Patrick
    Posts
    83,903

    Default

    TBS messed up the selection show pretty good. It was awful. Probably the first time in my life I turned it off.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Is there also a reason he was drafted in the 3rd round?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes, the reason he was drafted in the 3rd round is because no one drafted him in the 2nd round.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,488

    Default

    My first rule would be that no school who cannot play .500 ball in their own conference should be competing in a tournament that decides the national championship. That should leave out Oklahoma and Texas plus a few others. I'd rather see some mid-conference teams that was 24-5 but slipped up in the conference final get in instead of the 9th place team in the ACC, SEC or Big 10. Just proves the tournament is all about money and getting the big-name schools in at all cost, same as the CFP for the bowls.

    Congrats on Virginia getting the top seed. I root for practically anyone that isn't the same 5-6 dynasties we see every year (Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, UConn)

    I'll miss Dick Enberg at this year's tournament. Class act.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  7. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:


  8. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    44,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    My first rule would be that no school who cannot play .500 ball in their own conference should be competing in a tournament that decides the national championship. That should leave out Oklahoma and Texas plus a few others. I'd rather see some mid-conference teams that was 24-5 but slipped up in the conference final get in instead of the 9th place team in the ACC, SEC or Big 10. Just proves the tournament is all about money and getting the big-name schools in at all cost, same as the CFP for the bowls.

    Congrats on Virginia getting the top seed. I root for practically anyone that isn't the same 5-6 dynasties we see every year (Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, UConn)

    I'll miss Dick Enberg at this year's tournament. Class act.
    A lot of those mid-conference teams would get spanked badly, though. The tournament is the most accommodating to weaker schools anyway. The tournament makes big money by being this accommodating in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You fix yourself a bourbon on the rocks, or maybe neat, whatever your fancy may be. You sit down in that study of yours that smells of rich mahogany. Maybe turn on some Coltrane, maybe some Sinatra. And, you open up that assignment and you nail that class.

  9. #37

    Default

    Kentucky fans are some of the worst fans I've ever been around. Worse than the Steelers. Worse than the Patriots. Worse than the Raiders. I really can't think of a more annoying fan base.

  10. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    44,884

    Default

    **** uk!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You fix yourself a bourbon on the rocks, or maybe neat, whatever your fancy may be. You sit down in that study of yours that smells of rich mahogany. Maybe turn on some Coltrane, maybe some Sinatra. And, you open up that assignment and you nail that class.

  11. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  12. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    A lot of those mid-conference teams would get spanked badly, though. The tournament is the most accommodating to weaker schools anyway. The tournament makes big money by being this accommodating in the first place.
    I don't believe so. I think the success of schools like Butler, James Madison, Gonzaga, etc. prove that these mid-conference teams can compete with and often defeat all but the elite major conference teams. I'm not saying a team like Davidson regularly beats Duke or UNC but they can hang with Clemson, Wake, Va. Tech, etc. It's more compelling than watching, say, Penn State versus Ole Miss just because they're the 9th best teams from major conferences.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  13. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Patrick
    Posts
    83,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    **** uk!
    Dave is a wanker, isn’t he?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Is there also a reason he was drafted in the 3rd round?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes, the reason he was drafted in the 3rd round is because no one drafted him in the 2nd round.

  14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  15. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    44,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I don't believe so. I think the success of schools like Butler, James Madison, Gonzaga, etc. prove that these mid-conference teams can compete with and often defeat all but the elite major conference teams. I'm not saying a team like Davidson regularly beats Duke or UNC but they can hang with Clemson, Wake, Va. Tech, etc. It's more compelling than watching, say, Penn State versus Ole Miss just because they're the 9th best teams from major conferences.
    It's easy to pick a few of those schools, but those are the top schools in those scenarios. They often get and receive top good seeds. I don't know if some of those teams actually often have better resumes than Penn State or Ole Miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You fix yourself a bourbon on the rocks, or maybe neat, whatever your fancy may be. You sit down in that study of yours that smells of rich mahogany. Maybe turn on some Coltrane, maybe some Sinatra. And, you open up that assignment and you nail that class.

  16. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Patrick
    Posts
    83,903

    Default

    NCAA picks star power (Trae Young, Oklahoma) over better teams (Oklahoma State, USC, Nebraska, Middle Tennessee), and then schedules his team in an 11 a.m. game? What, to try and save face and say it wasn't for star power?

    It's fairly obvious the committee makes some "made for TV" decisions, I just wish they were honest about it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Is there also a reason he was drafted in the 3rd round?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes, the reason he was drafted in the 3rd round is because no one drafted him in the 2nd round.

  17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    61,221

    Default

    Vols look strong. Congrats on the win Dapper.

  19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  20. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Patrick
    Posts
    83,903

    Default

    Sean Miller needs to be ******* fired. That was embarrassing tonight.

    I held it in long enough. Man, it was a two point game and I went back to work and turned around 20 minutes later and they were losing by more than 20 AS A 4 SEED TO A 13! Fire that cheater.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Is there also a reason he was drafted in the 3rd round?
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes, the reason he was drafted in the 3rd round is because no one drafted him in the 2nd round.

  21. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    NCAA picks star power (Trae Young, Oklahoma) over better teams (Oklahoma State, USC, Nebraska, Middle Tennessee), and then schedules his team in an 11 a.m. game? What, to try and save face and say it wasn't for star power?

    It's fairly obvious the committee makes some "made for TV" decisions, I just wish they were honest about it.
    Not only that but Houston's Rob Gray puts Young to shame with 39 points including the winning shot with 1.1 seconds left. By the end, everyone in the building knew who was getting the ball and who was taking the final shot and they still could not stop him.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2017/2018 NHL Thread
    By Dapper Dan in forum Hockey
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-02-2018, 11:00 AM
  2. 2017-2018 Official College Football Discussion Thread
    By OrangeHoof in forum High School and College
    Replies: 985
    Last Post: 01-12-2018, 10:19 AM
  3. 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread
    By Northman in forum High School and College
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-26-2017, 12:42 PM
  4. 2012-13 College Basketball Thread
    By MOtorboat in forum High School and College
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 10:56 PM
  5. 2009-09 College Basketball Thread
    By MOtorboat in forum High School and College
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group