Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 College Basketball Thread

Nova at 80% is tough to beat. When they're on...oh god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If Virginia made a mistake, it was winning the ACC Tournament. Three games in three nights is exhausting. Best thing to do is tank the semi-final, even if it costs you a seed, so your guys come back the next week with stronger legs.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    If Virginia made a mistake, it was winning the ACC Tournament. Three games in three nights is exhausting. Best thing to do is tank the semi-final, even if it costs you a seed, so your guys come back the next week with stronger legs.
    I dont know, i dont think it would of made a difference personally. The problem with UVA has a lot to do with the type of players they recruit vs other top schools as well as the mental aspect of the game itself. If there is any defense for UVA this year it is that they were picked to finish like 6th or 7th in the conference yet ended up not only winning it but finishing #1 in the nation. But when i look at it and break it down i believe it had a lot more to do with the inconsistency of the rest of the conference. Duke and Carolina were not as strong as they normally are this year, in fact the NCAA Tournament this year showed it was wide open in terms of team dominance. Only now is Nova starting to flex its muscles but there is still that outside chance that Michigan could beat them because Nova has also proven to have bad games. Despite Kansas getting destroyed by Nova last night at least Kansas made the final four and watching that still irks me about UVA because at the very least had UVA made it to the Elite 8 or Final Four i could chalk it up to them just getting beat by the better team. But the way they went out and to whom shows me there is more to the problem than people realize. I know people will look at my complaining as hating Bennett but that really isnt the case. Bennett has done a lot of good things for UVA but truth be told he is college basketball's version of Andy Reid of professional football. He can only take you so far before it all falls apart eventually. The regular season loss to VaTech should have been that wake up call. And after UVA won the ACC Tourney i thought for sure they were prepared. And i cant use the Hunter injury as an excuse, Purdue lost one of its best players and still managed to win at least one game without him. It wasnt just UVA losing to UMBC it was how it happened, it was like watching the Broncos vs the Colts in the playoffs a few years ago. They just seemed lifeless and uninspired and the falls on the coach who seemed to have packed it in before the game even started.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

It sounds like you're scared that Bennett might be a NCAA version of Shottenheimer.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It sounds like you're scared that Bennett might be a NCAA version of Shottenheimer.
    He was my first choice of comparison for sure. Lol

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He was my first choice of comparison for sure. Lol
    Well, there was a certain HC who finally got his title win after years of being great and coming up short. Then again, he was pretty accomplished before hand, and the consensus was that he was a great coach, whereas your guy isn't there yet.

The ultimate bright note is that let's say that your boy does go - he elevated the program to a better place overall. That upward trend will definitely continue.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Every step Michigan takes furthers the depression of the Houston Cougars.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Mississippi State plays Notre Dame tonight for the women's championship. Hopefully MSU can finally break the drought and win their first title in any sport ever.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Mississippi State plays Notre Dame tonight for the women's championship. Hopefully MSU can finally break the drought and win their first title in any sport ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That was the most soul crushing loss I've ever sat through as a sports fan. I didn't watch a second of the men's game the next day, didn't even check the score until this morning. I'm still too shook.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That was the most soul crushing loss I've ever sat through as a sports fan. I didn't watch a second of the men's game the next day, didn't even check the score until this morning. I'm still too shook.
    1.) It's womens basketball
    2.) You are a Broncos fan and lived through the Rahim Moore debacle.
    3.) What a shot though amirite?

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The only version of that shot I've seen is the camera focused on Adam Amin calling it. I haven't even seen the shot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The only version of that shot I've seen is the camera focused on Adam Amin calling it. I haven't even seen the shot.
    Have you tried the internet?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The chick in the middle of that shot annoys me. React. Make a facial expression. Say something. WTF are you doing?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The chick in the middle of that shot annoys me. React. Make a facial expression. Say something. WTF are you doing?
    Right?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information