Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 College Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I like the Wildcats of Nova. While it is easy to hate or dislike teams like UNC or Duke because of the conference rivalry i wouldnt have it any other way. They are hated because of that success and whenever they lose it makes it more enjoyable but it would suck not having them in the Tourney.
    No one (really) wants to see a N.C. State vs. Middle Tennessee championship game. Maybe, maybe, just maybe, they would once, but you're right. The sports need the 'villains' to make it interesting, and let's face it, they're not really villains. Bob Knight, that guy was a villain. UNC and Duke? Man...

The funny thing about royalty in the sport is that there's not really true royalty. Duke 'became' royalty. Michigan State is one or two championships under Izzo before they become that. UCLA was 'royalty' but they were so irrelevant for so long they were just a footnote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    No one (really) wants to see a N.C. State vs. Middle Tennessee championship game. Maybe, maybe, just maybe, they would once, but you're right. The sports need the 'villains' to make it interesting, and let's face it, they're not really villains. Bob Knight, that guy was a villain. UNC and Duke? Man...

The funny thing about royalty in the sport is that there's not really true royalty. Duke 'became' royalty. Michigan State is one or two championships under Izzo before they become that. UCLA was 'royalty' but they were so irrelevant for so long they were just a footnote.
    I'd watch the shit out of that championship.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'd watch the shit out of that championship.
    You would, once. Then after watching heavily flawed teams luck their way to the championship a few times, if that ever happened, you'd be pretty bored, Mo. Thank god for the Titans will interesting teams to watch.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Hoof, is Texas a blueblood?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Hoof, is Texas a blueblood?
    Not in basketball. They've only been to the Final Four twice and once was in the 1940s. The other was 2002. They've always been in the shadows of Arkansas, Houston or Kansas even in their own conference.

They still think they are royalty in football but this has been a lost decade for them. After losing the title games in the end of the 2009 season, you'd think they would have cleaned up with recruits but instead they have been mediocre at best ever since.

Yet, they do make more money than any other collegiate sports program and this is largely because of the Longhorn Network. Ironically, LHN began in 2011 and Texas hasn't won a major national championship since. I think it's a curse.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

https://247sports.com/college/virgin...ture-116854581

Uh yea, no Ty. Before this year #1 overall seeds were 135-0 vs #16's. Let that sink in for a moment man, there is no coming back from that. You are the ONE team/school to lose to a #16 in the history of college basketball. No team from here on out is gonna want to repeat and join your club in that regard. UVA will be a reminder every year to those #1's as to what can happen when you dont live up to the hype. This loss and when it happened is a coach and school killer. Teams like Duke and Carolina can reload with blue chip players and they wont be easy to beat like they were this year. Their coaches are also lot better motivators. Jerome is kidding himself if he thinks this is something UVA can simply "bounce" back and learn from. It simply doesnt work like that at a college level.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Tony Bennett will be fine. As long as he’s at Virginia, Virginia will be fine. Four years from now, if he’s still there, the recruits won’t even remember it. And I don’t see any reason for Bennett to leave.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The team was so unfocused that they lost a game they should never lose.

They're going to turn it around, IMO.

But next year if he doesn't hit the elite eight that ass is fiiiiiiiiiiiired!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Michigan just showed what you do when a lower seeded team gets up on you. That was a fantastic game and moxy shown by the Wolverines was amazing. They earned that win and flexed when they needed to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

But next year if he doesn't hit the elite eight that ass is fiiiiiiiiiiiired!
    Im calling it now, they wont make the NCAA Tourney next year. They caught everyone off guard this year, that wont happen again. Mentally, they are destroyed after losing by 20 to UMBC.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I would trade Shaka Smart for Bennett any day. Smart leaves VCU and VCU hardly notices. He joins Texas and is no better (maybe worse) than Rick Barnes. One bad loss won't define Bennett's career.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I would trade Shaka Smart for Bennett any day. Smart leaves VCU and VCU hardly notices. He joins Texas and is no better (maybe worse) than Rick Barnes. One bad loss won't define Bennett's career.
    Except this isnt just ANY loss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Saw this article that was written after last year's horrible showing vs Florida. The author tries to sprinkle fairy dust on it like some people here do. No worries, im going to get this shit out of my system before football season starts but im not relenting.

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article...t-and-virginia

So Elder, want to revisit this article on Bennett again? Lol

Regular season wins are cute and all but when the Loyola's, Buffalo's, and Nevada's do more with less i think it makes you have to re-evaluate what it actually means to actually follow through on a great season. Even teams like Syracuse, Duke, North Carolina, and Florida St... you know? Those teams that UVA beat in the regular season? go and actually put forth more effort when it really matters and go farther in the tournament means there is a problem that goes beyond the players. I laugh at the constant "one loss doesnt define a team" mantra that has been going on for the last 5 years. Yes, im still harping on the letdown this season, Bennett deserves all the criticism in the wake of yet another epic chokejob and early exit this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Guess I'll throw some love to Nova since they seem to know how to act like a 1 seed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Guess I'll throw some love to Nova since they seem to know how to act like a 1 seed.
    Give the Philly area another National Title after the Super Bowl and it may not be there tomorrow

17. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information