Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 College Basketball Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let us count the coaches that Kat-backers have run out of town...

Lon Kruger
    Dana Altman
    Bob Huggins
    Frank Martin

Bruce Weber?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

How bad can Oklahoma look and still get in? The media sold this young kid as a big star and I think the NCAA are going to push him into the tourney no matter how many games OU loses building up to it. What are they 2-12 in their last 14 games? If they were an NFL team, they'd be in line for a top draft choice.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

TBS messed up the selection show pretty good. It was awful. Probably the first time in my life I turned it off.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

My first rule would be that no school who cannot play .500 ball in their own conference should be competing in a tournament that decides the national championship. That should leave out Oklahoma and Texas plus a few others. I'd rather see some mid-conference teams that was 24-5 but slipped up in the conference final get in instead of the 9th place team in the ACC, SEC or Big 10. Just proves the tournament is all about money and getting the big-name schools in at all cost, same as the CFP for the bowls.

Congrats on Virginia getting the top seed. I root for practically anyone that isn't the same 5-6 dynasties we see every year (Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, UConn)

I'll miss Dick Enberg at this year's tournament. Class act.

7. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    My first rule would be that no school who cannot play .500 ball in their own conference should be competing in a tournament that decides the national championship. That should leave out Oklahoma and Texas plus a few others. I'd rather see some mid-conference teams that was 24-5 but slipped up in the conference final get in instead of the 9th place team in the ACC, SEC or Big 10. Just proves the tournament is all about money and getting the big-name schools in at all cost, same as the CFP for the bowls.

Congrats on Virginia getting the top seed. I root for practically anyone that isn't the same 5-6 dynasties we see every year (Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, UConn)

I'll miss Dick Enberg at this year's tournament. Class act.
    A lot of those mid-conference teams would get spanked badly, though. The tournament is the most accommodating to weaker schools anyway. The tournament makes big money by being this accommodating in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Kentucky fans are some of the worst fans I've ever been around. Worse than the Steelers. Worse than the Patriots. Worse than the Raiders. I really can't think of a more annoying fan base.

**** uk!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    A lot of those mid-conference teams would get spanked badly, though. The tournament is the most accommodating to weaker schools anyway. The tournament makes big money by being this accommodating in the first place.
    I don't believe so. I think the success of schools like Butler, James Madison, Gonzaga, etc. prove that these mid-conference teams can compete with and often defeat all but the elite major conference teams. I'm not saying a team like Davidson regularly beats Duke or UNC but they can hang with Clemson, Wake, Va. Tech, etc. It's more compelling than watching, say, Penn State versus Ole Miss just because they're the 9th best teams from major conferences.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    **** uk!
    Dave is a wanker, isn’t he?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I don't believe so. I think the success of schools like Butler, James Madison, Gonzaga, etc. prove that these mid-conference teams can compete with and often defeat all but the elite major conference teams. I'm not saying a team like Davidson regularly beats Duke or UNC but they can hang with Clemson, Wake, Va. Tech, etc. It's more compelling than watching, say, Penn State versus Ole Miss just because they're the 9th best teams from major conferences.
    It's easy to pick a few of those schools, but those are the top schools in those scenarios. They often get and receive top good seeds. I don't know if some of those teams actually often have better resumes than Penn State or Ole Miss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

NCAA picks star power (Trae Young, Oklahoma) over better teams (Oklahoma State, USC, Nebraska, Middle Tennessee), and then schedules his team in an 11 a.m. game? What, to try and save face and say it wasn't for star power?

It's fairly obvious the committee makes some "made for TV" decisions, I just wish they were honest about it.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Vols look strong. Congrats on the win Dapper.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sean Miller needs to be ******* fired. That was embarrassing tonight.

I held it in long enough. Man, it was a two point game and I went back to work and turned around 20 minutes later and they were losing by more than 20 AS A 4 SEED TO A 13! Fire that cheater.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    NCAA picks star power (Trae Young, Oklahoma) over better teams (Oklahoma State, USC, Nebraska, Middle Tennessee), and then schedules his team in an 11 a.m. game? What, to try and save face and say it wasn't for star power?

It's fairly obvious the committee makes some "made for TV" decisions, I just wish they were honest about it.
    Not only that but Houston's Rob Gray puts Young to shame with 39 points including the winning shot with 1.1 seconds left. By the end, everyone in the building knew who was getting the ball and who was taking the final shot and they still could not stop him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information