Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 9 months 2 days until the broncos play again

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    That's why unless you have experienced playoff disasters, have seen your team as a heavy favorite and division champion, lose to a team that has no business beating you, come talk to me. You have to know defeat first.

Some people came on board the Broncos train at the right time and do not know defeats or catastrophic losses.

I hate to pull out the my fan card is bigger than others, but if you werent there for the Super Bowl defeats in the 1980s, the Broncos 1st super bowl win didn't mean the same to you. Sorry.
    LOL! I was 12 during one of the SB losses, still a fan then....does that lesson my fan card? What's next or wait you already used that...you weren't old enough to really feel it.

Sorry, Shazam, I felt it. I cried for days after those SB losses.

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

[QUOTE=Shazam!;2708476]
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    You obviously weren't around in 1996.
    I was. I agree with Mo.

The game you referenced on 1996 (actually 1997 - 4 January) was one game after a successful
    season. This year it was no games after a miserable season. All season long. 1996 was better.
    I am not comparing the Seasons obviously, and i refer to it as 1996 decause it was for the 96 Season. Of course the Packers won the Super Bowl in 1997 but the Suoer Bowl decides the previous year, not the current year.

This Season was a friggin' disaster and an anomole. Should have been last years, following Mannings retirement. Kudos to Kubiak and Co.

Losing over and over like KC has becomes a way of the culture. No one remembers playoff defeats same as nobody remembers losing seasons.

ALL I SAID was id prefer a higher Draft pick as opposed to playoff losses and no wins. That could mean a lot, it does not mean YAY LETS GO 2-14!
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

ALL I SAID was id prefer a higher Draft pick as opposed to playoff losses and no wins. That could mean a lot, it does not mean YAY LETS GO 2-14!
    Nah. You started calling out other fans. That's cool that's what you prefer, but it doesn't make any other fan less if they disagree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    That's why unless you have experienced playoff disasters, have seen your team as a heavy favorite and division champion, lose to a team that has no business beating you, come talk to me. You have to know defeat first.

Some people came on board the Broncos train at the right time and do not know defeats or catastrophic losses.

I hate to pull out the my fan card is bigger than others, but if you werent there for the Super Bowl defeats in the 1980s, the Broncos 1st super bowl win didn't mean the same to you. Sorry.
    LOL! I was 12 during one of the SB losses, still a fan then....does that lesson my fan card? What's next or wait you already used that...you weren't old enough to really feel it.

Sorry, Shazam, I felt it. I cried for days after those SB losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Nah. You started calling out other fans. That's cool that's what you prefer, but it doesn't make any other fan less if they disagree.
    Yes i did call out someone bevause HE DOESNT KNOW CRUSHING DEFEAT! The only crush experienced Mo experienced was Jacksonville and somewhat the Ravens in 2012. Do you REALLY want some of THAT?

Im sorry but if you weren't there in the 80 s there is no way you felt the same watching Elway in NINETEEN NINETY EIGHT because I have to be super super specific because the scale always goes to AN EXTREME if you dont in here.

Nothing good comes out of losing in the Playoffs in a manner lack KC does. Nothing. Rather than go to the Playoffs for nothing only for heartbreaking defeat, I would rather have a higher pick. That doesnt mean OMG ID RATHER THE BRONCOS BE HORRIBLE. Thats all i was trying to say
    Last edited by Shazam!; 01-09-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Do you even remember the '97 season? We were a frickin WILDCARD team, proving that a chance at the playoffs means you can win it all.

I remember watching the '77 season and the SB at my uncle's house. That's when I really fell in love with the Broncos. Not because of the SB loss, but because we were a winning franchise. Finally.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Do you even remember the '97 season? We were a frickin WILDCARD team, proving that a chance at the playoffs means you can win it all.

I remember watching the '77 season and the SB at my uncle's house. That's when I really fell in love with the Broncos. Not because of the SB loss, but because we were a winning franchise. Finally.
    LOL Don't rewrite history. The 1997 Champion was going to be predetermined man. Broncos had destiny man, was the team nobody wanted to play. It doesn't matter they were a Wild Card team, they were 12x4, they didn't back in, or were A defacto shit division champion.

A FG in KC kept them from the 1 Seed.

We are lucky because we have not experienced a lot of playoff let downs.

But the ones we HAVE seen? Joe? I don't want that again! Ever! Do you! Ugh!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

No. We're lucky because the Broncos have only 6 losing seasons since 1983. That's over 30 years, BTW. But - whatever floats your boat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    My fan card is short but thick.
    Is it slim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No. We're lucky because the Broncos have only 6 losing seasons since 1983. That's over 30 years, BTW. But - whatever floats your boat.
    It is success. Im happy. I love the Broncos.

News flash: KC is the laughing stock today. Not the Broncos.

This Season was the worst they have had in a LONG time, after losing a generational player like Manning. I am in no way saying or advocating a 5-11 2-14 Season.

But... Another Jax game? No thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    moderated
    MO, go easy on my homeboy Shazam. Sometimes the heft of his fan card throws off his center of gravity and he becomes slightly unbalanced.
    Last edited by GEM; 01-09-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    MO, go easy on my homeboy Shazam. Sometimes the heft of his fan card throws off his center of gravity and he becomes slightly unbalanced.
    Sometimes?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Jeez.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Jeez.
    The first rule of Fan Card is: You do not talk about Fan Card.
    The second rule of Fan Card is: You do not talk about Fan Card...;-)

19. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Jeez.
    The first rule of Fan Card is: You do not talk about Fan Card.
    The second rule of Fan Card is: You do not talk about Fan Card...;-)
    No one can tell me that the Broncos Super Bowl win meant as much to someone who has been there through the Super Bowl blowouts going as far back as Broncojoe and Top, than some guy who jumped on the bandwagon during the Shanahan era.

Not possible. Sorry.
    Last edited by GEM; 01-10-2018 at 12:35 PM.

So this turned into a fun discussion...

Can we keep measuring our fan cards for another nearly 9 months?

22. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information