Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 months 2 days until the broncos play again

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    There are bright spots. Easier schedule, for one, not the murderers row we used to seeing. And new QB... Post Manning. The Colts had the benefit of the high draft pick to replace PM. Now, Denver has their high pick to select an heir. Lets hope Elway doesn't **** that up and Kubiak helps in this Draft. Because a **** on their next QB could be a 5 year setback.
    There is no Luck in this draft. All the qb's these days are excellent in shithole college ball spread offense bs. Very few are NFL ready. The complete ignoring of the offensive line and having no Plan B after Manning have left us shitholed for what I see the near future. Even if you get a decent qb in the draft, he's going to get murdered by this line. If you go Cousins or some other FA, and get a tackle early, that might be a better scheme, because I know there are a lot of qb's, but the quality of those qb's is questionable at pick 5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    There is no Luck in this draft. All the qb's these days are excellent in shithole college ball spread offense bs. Very few are NFL ready. The complete ignoring of the offensive line and having no Plan B after Manning have left us shitholed for what I see the near future. Even if you get a decent qb in the draft, he's going to get murdered by this line. If you go Cousins or some other FA, and get a tackle early, that might be a better scheme, because I know there are a lot of qb's, but the quality of those qb's is questionable at pick 5.
    Darnold and Rosen both played in pro-style offenses.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Darnold and Rosen both played in pro-style offenses.
    she is right that they're not on luck's level as a prospect, though. . . which is fine, that type of generational talent rarely ever comes along-- a guy doesn't need to be rated as highly as luck to succeed. . . finding good QBs has always been really hard. . . all we can do is cross our fingers and hope, just like every other franchise that needs one. . . personally, i lean towards trying our hand again in the draft rather than badly overpaying for cousins' mediocrity, but i suspect that's what we're going to do. . .

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    My wife and I were talking about that game the other night.
    That was the last game I was actually mad for a couple of days after.
    We had a bunch of people over to watch the game and have supper and I was in a foul mood the whole evening.
    Almost unapproachable.
    Haven't done that since.
    That's kinda similar to me in 2013 with the Superbowl. Went to this big party, was so pissed off by halftime I wanted to leave and go home, but my wife wouldn't let me.

In 2015, I watched alone from the comfort of my home.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    You obviously weren't around in 1996.
    My wife and I were talking about that game the other night.
    That was the last game I was actually mad for a couple of days after.
    We had a bunch of people over to watch the game and have supper and I was in a foul mood the whole evening.
    Almost unapproachable.
    Haven't done that since.
    That's why unless you have experienced playoff disasters, have seen your team as a heavy favorite and division champion, lose to a team that has no business beating you, come talk to me. You have to know defeat first.

Some people came on board the Broncos train at the right time and do not know defeats or catastrophic losses.

I hate to pull out the my fan card is bigger than others, but if you werent there for the Super Bowl defeats in the 1980s, the Broncos 1st super bowl win didn't mean the same to you. Sorry.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's why unless you have experienced playoff disasters, have seen your team as a heavy favorite and division champion, lose to a team that has no business beating you, come talk to me. You have to know defeat first.

Some people came on board the Broncos train at the right time and do not know defeats or catastrophic losses.

I hate to pull out the my fan card is bigger than others, but if you werent there for the Super Bowl defeats in the 1980s, the Broncos 1st super bowl win didn't mean the same to you. Sorry.
    Lol.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lol.
    seriously. . .

"oh shazam, your fan card is so big!"

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

My fan card is short but thick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    My fan card is short but thick.
    yea, but has it experienced tragedy?

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Its soul has wept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    It’s slim. That’s a dumb question.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Fan Card envy?

Fan Card envy?
    I've heard it isn't the size of your fan card, but how well you utilize it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I was. I agree with Mo.

The game you referenced on 1996 (actually 1997 - 4 January) was one game after a successful
    season. This year it was no games after a miserable season. All season long. 1996 was better.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I was. I agree with Mo.

The game you referenced on 1996 (actually 1997 - 4 January) was one game after a successful
    season. This year it was no games after a miserable season. All season long. 1996 was better.
    I am not comparing the Seasons obviously, and i refer to it as 1996 decause it was for the 96 Season. Of course the Packers won the Super Bowl in 1997 but the Suoer Bowl decides the previous year, not the current year.

This Season was a friggin' disaster and should have been last years, following Mannings retirement. Kudos to Kubiak and Co.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information