Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 months 2 days until the broncos play again

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Huh?

That and the Moore game basically are my point. I'd rather have those games than be going 5-11 in those years and not be there.
    I agree with you, but partially agree with Shazam... 2013 still stings like crazy, to the point where I often pretend there was a players strike the entire year...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I agree with you, but partially agree with Shazam... 2013 still stings like crazy, to the point where I often pretend there was a players strike the entire year...
    You mean the year when Denver was better than 31 other teams?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

You mean the year when Denver was better than 31 other teams?
    Actually, I was thinking about 2012 with the ravens, sorry... the playoffs were in 2013...Brain got temporarily confused...

Regardless. I don't care how many teams we were better than. Losing in that way, knowing we'd have very likely won it all...it blows... I'd rather erase that entire year from my mind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    You obviously weren't around in 1996.
    Huh?

That and the Moore game basically are my point. I'd rather have those games than be going 5-11 in those years and not be there.
    There is no way in the world i would trade a Top 10 Draft pick and an awful Season than to reach the Playoffs as a Division Champion and lose disgracefully at home, to a lowly road team (MAKE MLNO MISTAKE, TENN IS GETTING SMASHED IN NE) when all is ahead. Teams never recover from those kind of losses. KC had their time and whiffed.

Unless someone didn't experience the Jax loss, that was an even worse feeling to me than getting destrpyed by SF in the Super Bowl.

Make no mistakes, Broncos need that high Draft pick Mo.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I just want the draft. I don't know if I'm a glutton for punishment or excited they may actually hit it right.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There is no way in the world i would trade a Top 10 Draft pick and an awful Season than to reach the Playoffs as a Division Champion and lose disgracefully at home, to a lowly road team (MAKE MLNO MISTAKE, TENN IS GETTING SMASHED IN NE) when all is ahead. Teams never recover from those kind of losses. KC had their time and whiffed.

Unless someone didn't experience the Jax loss, that was an even worse feeling to me than getting destrpyed by SF in the Super Bowl.

I would rather be picking at 22 or 24 and make the playoffs than be picking at 5. The goal isn't to lose so you can avoid a playoff loss. The goal is to win so that you can have a chance at a title. If it takes a few playoff debacles, so be it. **** playing for draft picks. You don't go into a season aiming for a top 5 pick. It's not the NBA.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I would rather be picking at 22 or 24 and make the playoffs than be picking at 5. The goal isn't to lose so you can avoid a playoff loss. The goal is to win so that you can have a chance at a title. If it takes a few playoff debacles, so be it. **** playing for draft picks. You don't go into a season aiming for a top 5 pick. It's not the NBA.
    Did i say that? No. You compared Draft status for previous seasons to gut wrenching playoff losses. Therefore, if you didn't experience Jax in 96, don't say that, because you may feel different Capt. Contrary.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Did i say that? No. You compared Draft status for previous seasons to gut wrenching playoff losses. Therefore, if you didn't experience Jax in 96, don't say that, because you may feel different Capt. Contrary.
    I'm in my late 30s. I experienced that loss. I remember it vividly. I will take going to the playoffs and losing over not going to the playoffs. Period. There is no contradiction here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'm in my late 30s. I experienced that loss. I remember it vividly. I will take going to the playoffs and losing over not going to the playoffs. Period. There is no contradiction here.
    Reach for the sky man. You were like 12.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm 40 and I was in the Marine Corps and stationed in Okinawa at the time. If MO is late 30s he would've been somewhere between 16-20 at the time of that game.

I was 21 at the time. That loss effing sucked. BUT at least we had a ******* season and something to look forward to. Now, we suck and I don't know if there is much to look forward to with all of our issues.

This year feels worse, but in a different way. At least that season was exciting up until the very end. This season was over week 5 and the promise of the future looks ******* bleak.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Your math sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Your math sucks.
    Not that far off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I was 21 at the time. That loss effing sucked. BUT at least we had a ******* season and something to look forward to. Now, we suck and I don't know if there is much to look forward to with all of our issues.

This year feels worse, but in a different way. At least that season was exciting up until the very end. This season was over week 5 and the promise of the future looks ******* bleak.
    There are bright spots. Easier schedule, for one, not the murderers row we used to seeing. And new QB... Post Manning. The Colts had the benefit of the high draft pick to replace PM. Now, Denver has their high pick to select an heir. Lets hope Elway doesn't **** that up and Kubiak helps in this Draft. Because a **** on their next QB could be a 5 year setback.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

You obviously weren't around in 1996.
    My wife and I were talking about that game the other night.
    That was the last game I was actually mad for a couple of days after.
    We had a bunch of people over to watch the game and have supper and I was in a foul mood the whole evening.
    Almost unapproachable.
    Haven't done that since.

19. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information