Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 QB Conundrum

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I have no faith in their quarterback evaluation skills.
    neither does anyone else, including probably themselves at this point. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think that's largely accurate. . . of course, the problem is that none of mayfield/allen/jackson is worth the #5 pick anymore than they're worth #3 or 4. . . we'll be reaching our arms off if we can't trade back, or trade back into the tail end of the 1st for one of them. . . teams do dumb things when they don't have QBs. . . it's a real challenge for elway and co. to stay disciplined, rather than ignoring everything else until that glaring need is filled. . . that's part of the appeal of going after kirk cousins, which i absolutely believe is their first choice. . .
    If we traded back and grabbed Jackson, how does that make you (hypothetically) feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Like shit.

4. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If we traded back and grabbed Jackson, how does that make you (hypothetically) feel?
    not that great. . . it doesn't look like he's accurate enough to succeed in the NFL. . . i like darnold, but he looks to be out of reach. . . i think allen is a waste, and probably jackson as well. . . if we draft a QB, i'd probably hold my nose and take shorty. . . or a guy like rudolph or falk in the second, but i really know nothing about the rest of the group. . . ultimately, i just think we're in a bad spot-- none of the available options honestly make me think we're going to be any good in the near future, including cousins. . . this is what it is when you don't have a QB. . .

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

not that great. . . it doesn't look like he's accurate enough to succeed in the NFL. . . i like darnold, but he looks to be out of reach. . . i think allen is a waste, and probably jackson as well. . . if we draft a QB, i'd probably hold my nose and take shorty. . . or a guy like rudolph or falk in the second, but i really know nothing about the rest of the group. . . ultimately, i just think we're in a bad spot-- none of the available options honestly make me think we're going to be any good in the near future, including cousins. . . this is what it is when you don't have a QB. . .
    I respect that analysis. I want Allen, but Darnold would be fine, too. They both have the minds for the game, the physical ability is there, and they're both competitors.

I do wish we would have lost more games this year. Make it easier to trade up...
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

If it is a guy from the draft I want Mayfield. Give me a guy who is actually accurate. I don't care if he likes to play with his balls on live TV.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm fine with it as long as he grades out as a 1st round RB/WR too. Guy is a talented gamer, sign me up. Maybe not an NFL QB though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm fine with it as long as he grades out as a 1st round RB/WR too.
    That T. Pryor type of pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That T. Pryor type of pick.
    Not sure if T. Pryor was a 1st round WR, but L-Jack is an incredible athlete. This stuff is coach Chaz territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Not sure if T. Pryor was a 1st round WR, but L-Jack is an incredible athlete. This stuff is coach Chaz territory.
    T Pryor wasn't a first round pick, but in the general sense of 'this guy is so ******* talented and has the right body type to do damn near anything'.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The success rate league wide has to be less than 15%. I think you may need to adjust your expectations.
    It's much worse than that. The success rate outside of the first round is much less than 10%, and outside the 2nd round it's less than 1%. For every Tom Brady taken in the 6th there are about 100 failures nobody remembers.

I mean how many people remember the immortal Spergon Wynn, taken in the same round and same year as Brady, or that dynamic duo, Josh Heupel and Josh Booty, taken in the 6th round the year after?

How about such amazing talent as: Cliff Kingsberry, Brooks Bollinger, Drew Henson, and Jeff Smoker? No kidding. Jeff Smoker.

That's why I'm not holding my breath for Chad Kelly to turn into a star either. It could happen, but you actually have a better chance going to Vegas and betting the house on 1 turn of the roulette wheel (1 in 36 versus 1 in more than 100).

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Just a few thoughts here:

1) I think it's pointless in drafting a QB for many reasons, 1, being Elway can't draft a QB worth a shit, 2, the time to develop a QB will waste our defense, 3, we won't do much with our O-line as it currently stands.

2) The more I've thought about getting Cousins, the more I don't like it. I think he's a fringe top 10 QB in this league that would be getting paid top 5 QB money which is ridiculous. I'd rather a cheaper QB that could get the job done as easily with a top 5 defense.

3) Would anyone consider trading for Luck? Would you give up our 1st round pick and next years 1st for Luck? A young franchise QB who is proven to be a top QB in this league when healthy.

4) I'd make a play for Alex Smith, perhaps Rivers, or maybe, just maybe Foles. Again, we're not going to win much with the way our O-line is, so it's important to attack that position in the draft or free agency.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'd be VERY happy not drafting a QB this year. Get a vet - Foles, Taylor, Bridgewater/Keenum or the like and fix other parts of the offense (OL). That'll buy us a year or two to see if PL will ever come around (which I doubt), or if Kelly is the real deal (which is the great unknown).

PS: I don't want Cousins. Too expensive and I don't think he'd solve anything.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i think we should just roll with chad kelly, and a couple guys from practice squads around the league. . . we can save a bunch of money that way, and one of them will probably pan out. . . yep-- fixing the QB spot on the cheap is definitely the way to go. . . that'll leave us money to fix the really important positions, like left guard and tight end. . .

lol, apologies for the sarcasm, fellas. . . your hopes are in vain, though. . . after the worst season in recent memory, i think you can feel pretty confident that john is not going to fill the most impactful position on the team with more late round scrubs, or some shitty journeyman free agent without a legitimate developmental prospect behind him (and no, packin' lunch does not count). . . if it's not cousins, it's going to be a first or second round pick-- likely baker mayfield or josh allen. . . we all know what a ferocious competitor john is, he's not gonna ride with chad kelly and tyrod taylor as his top QBs and pray for a miracle. . . go ahead, ask nostratimmy if you don't believe me. . .

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

i think we should just roll with chad kelly, and a couple guys from practice squads around the league. . . we can save a bunch of money that way, and one of them will probably pan out. . . yep-- fixing the QB spot on the cheap is definitely the way to go. . . that'll leave us money to fix the really important positions, like left guard and tight end. . .

lol, apologies for the sarcasm, fellas. . . your hopes are in vain, though. . . after the worst season in recent memory, i think you can feel pretty confident that john is not going to fill the most impactful position on the team with more late round scrubs, or some shitty journeyman free agent without a legitimate developmental prospect behind him (and no, packin' lunch does not count). . . if it's not cousins, it's going to be a first or second round pick-- likely baker mayfield or josh allen. . . we all know what a ferocious competitor john is, he's not gonna ride with chad kelly and tyrod taylor as his top QBs and pray for a miracle. . . go ahead, ask nostratimmy if you don't believe me. . .
    If he takes Allen or Mayfield at 5 he's a dumbass.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information