Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 QB Conundrum

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Of course we would give up the #5 pick. But they would also require another 1st rounder, on top of that, probably... Or a 2nd rounder and a handful of other picks in addition to #5. And we would gladly pay all of those prices too.

But I don't understand why we continue to speculate on Luck. He is not available. He never was available. We may as well talk about bringing in Russell Wilson or Carson Wentz too.
    This is a completely different scenario. Indy sucks badly. They pretty much need a complete rebuild. Irsay was dumb enough to let Peyton go (for nothing) after he missed a year with injury. Luck is a risk. I think Elway should just take Irsay on a coke and booze bender and get him to sign Luck’s rights over for the #5 overall pick. It could happen... any player can be traded. No player is truly “unavailable”.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Absolutely NOT going to happen...but in this dream scenario I absolutely would do the deal and more.

3. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Ouch, there’s not much to add to that. The portray him as a kid still stuck in high school who hasn’t grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    This is a completely different scenario. Indy sucks badly. They pretty much need a complete rebuild. Irsay was dumb enough to let Peyton go (for nothing) after he missed a year with injury. Luck is a risk. I think Elway should just take Irsay on a coke and booze bender and get him to sign Luck’s rights over for the #5 overall pick. It could happen... any player can be traded. No player is truly “unavailable”.
    Maybe in Madden. Not in real life though. They ain't trading Andrew Luck to Denver. Not in a million years. Irsay is not fond of Elway. Those five SBs and 2 SB Championships? From his perspective the Colts were cheated out of all that because Elway refused to play for them, and actually was working out in the Yankees minor league farm team, indicating he could walk away from Football and take up baseball. That forced the trade to Denver which was one of the most one-sided in NFL history.

They haven't forgotten that in the Irsay family.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    You're forgetting that Manning was 35 years old, coming off of his fourth neck surgery, unable to even throw at the time, and the fact that the Colts had the first pick in the draft with the highest rated QB prospect to come out since Manning. Luck is 28 years old. The word on the street is that he will be ready to go for the start of the 2018 season. Luck isn't getting traded.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default LB Brandon Marshall on Broncos’ QB options: “We played against a guy in Week 16 that was pretty good.”

Ask Broncos veterans and they’ll tell you that John Elway is primed for a free-agency splash this offseason.

Inside linebacker Brandon Marshall was a guest on NFL Network’s “Total Access” on Thursday and, in agreement with others in the Broncos’ locker room, said he expects his general manager to pursue a veteran quarterback in the coming months.

“In my opinion, we already drafted a quarterback, first round a couple years ago, so we’ve tried that,” Marshall said. “I think he’s going to get a free-agent quarterback. I think he’s going to go spend some money and fix the position, because it’s kind of a toss-up with these rookie quarterbacks. You never know. But the only thing about getting a free-agent quarterback is some guys will have to go. I hope everybody gets to stay, but that’s just the business.”
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/1...-kirk-cousins/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Brandon just doesn’t know when to shut his pie hole.

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Brandon just doesn’t know when to shut his pie hole.
    probably true-- i don't think he exactly gave away any top secret info here, though. . .

He's the man and one of the all-time great Broncos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If because the Draft pick didn't work out, veteran Sanchez couldnt beat out Siemien. Just saying.

I do think Trevor could have possibly been a serviceable starter but he got PTSD and possible bran damage from the beating he took behind a horrible OLine amd awful playcalling.

Now, I believe it is not lack of talent as to why the Oline is ****ed up, I believe it was errors in scheme and stubborness of playcalling that did not put our guys in the best position to be successful.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I hope Elway goes all in on a vet. I love the Duke as much as anyone, but when has he shown us that he has any ability what so ever to competently evaluate a rookie QB correctly?

Brock- Bust- though he could become a competent backup in the NFL
    Paxton- Bust
    Dysert- Bust
    Siemian- possible back up caliber going forward, and let's not forget that by all accounts he was Kube's pick.

Dysert was a seventh rounder. hard to be a bust.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Andy Staples
    ‏Verified account @Andy_Staples
    2h2 hours ago

Interesting thing @SeniorBowlPhil just told me and @HorowitzJason on @ESPNUonSiriusXM: The Broncos staff requested that Baker Mayfield be placed on their team at the Senior Bowl.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Surprised they are allowed to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Dysert was a seventh rounder. hard to be a bust.
    Fair enough. We can take him and Siemian out of the equation then. That leaves a first and second round bust for Elway at QB.

18. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information