Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 QB Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Big Al is such a moron. That idiot is stumping hard for AJ or Lamar Jackson. He thinks we should draft Jackson at 5. Good Lord, that kid is as inaccurate as PL. We could draft Jackson in the 3rd and move to WR, that's the only way I want him on the team.
    LJ's accuracy has improved each season. He's a late first rounder to me, or a second round QB. In those scenarios, I'd be fine with taking him. But at the top five pick? No. What the **** is a Big Al?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    LJ's accuracy has improved each season. He's a late first rounder to me, or a second round QB. In those scenarios, I'd be fine with taking him. But at the top five pick? No. What the **** is a Big Al?
    Alfred Williams. Radio host ex-Bronco/Bengal with obvious brain damage who constantly says dumb shit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Alfred Williams. Radio host ex-Bronco/Bengal with obvious brain damage who constantly says dumb shit.
    Basically the player version of King.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

My god...he...and I....
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He also shit the bed in the playoffs against the Steelers, struggled to read defenses, and was drafted as high as he was because of his pedigree at Alabama. Cincinnati signed Dalton to a contract that they could have dumped at any time - it was similar to the Kaepernick deal that happened just beforehand. The Bengals never seriously considered letting McCarron run the team, even this season when Dalton was absolutely putrid.

The Browns HC, Hue Jackson, backed out of a deal for him at the last second. There have been few rumors about teams wanting to trade for McCarron. In other words, the team that knows him best likes him enough to keep him around as a backup, but nothing more. Is he the worst guy around? No. But he's a guy, nothing more or less, at least to me.

If we're looking for a young guy to be the man, it's not him. McCarron might have had some appeal when the defense was at its strongest. JMO.
    Actually, the rumors were that the front office screwed Hue Jackson out of the trade for his guy: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ove_trade.html

Hue definitely wanted AJ, and did not "back out at the last second" as you suggest. Rather, Sashi Brown had no clue what he was doing, and was subsequently fired from his job.

I posted my thoughts earlier in the thread on AJ, and I would love to have him on our roster. AJ definitely has the leadership qualities the Broncos have been lacking in a quarterback, and I would absolutely be excited to have him on our roster. Hell, I'd probably even go out and buy his jersey if we took him, and passed on a quarterback in the draft.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Actually, the rumors were that the front office screwed Hue Jackson out of the trade for his guy: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ove_trade.html

Hue definitely wanted AJ, and did not "back out at the last second" as you suggest. Rather, Sashi Brown had no clue what he was doing, and was subsequently fired from his job.

I posted my thoughts earlier in the thread on AJ, and I would love to have him on our roster. AJ definitely has the leadership qualities the Broncos have been lacking in a quarterback, and I would absolutely be excited to have him on our roster. Hell, I'd probably even go out and buy his jersey if we took him, and passed on a quarterback in the draft.
    Sashi Brown, the front office guy who was actually doing a good job backing out on and Hue Jackson, he who can win one game per two years, and has bounced around the league, wanting him isn't the best rebuttal. I did get my facts wrong, though. I thank you for that correction.

With guys like Cousins and Foles, you can at least point to moments in time where you are given a reason to think they are/could be 'the guy'. I don't see any with McCarron.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t know about you guys, but I sure hope the Broncos don’t waste all that money I give them (which equates to a couple bucks a year on merchandise) getting a good QB so we can be competitive because I’d much rather have a cheaper, shittier journeyman career backup and save a couple mil a year to spend on guys like Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson...

I still don’t understand why fans give 2 shits about money. The same dudes whined about money when we signed Manning. Who gives a ****??? It’s not your money! Teams afraid to spend to build their roster will always be shitty.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t know about you guys, but I sure hope the Broncos don’t waste all that money I give them (which equates to a couple bucks a year on merchandise) getting a good QB so we can be competitive because I’d much rather have a cheaper, shittier journeyman career backup and save a couple mil a year to spend on guys like Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson...

I still don’t understand why fans give 2 shits about money. The same dudes whined about money when we signed Manning. Who gives a ****??? It’s not your money! Teams afraid to spend to build their roster will always be shitty.
    Hard to believe how cousins, the greatest QB since Peyton Manning, has never won a playoff game.

Peyton Manning needed awhile before he won a playoff game...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Hard to believe how cousins, the greatest QB since Peyton Manning, has never won a playoff game.
    Give me a break.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Give me a break.
    Oh, he did win one? Lets hear why, he hasnt and while we are at it, lets discuss why peyton manning finally won a playoff game.

According to some, Cousins is just that good. No defense, or other pieces necessary. No, just sign Cousins. He has certainly proven he can carry team without those other things that takes money to fill.

Cousins...is soooooo gooooood. That is what I am reading. Where am I wrong? Oh, his salary wont matter. That is what I read too. Where am I wrong?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Oh, he did win one? Lets hear why, and while.we are at it, lets discuss why peyton manning finally won a playoff game.

According to some, Cousins is just that good. No defense, or other pieces necessary. No, just sign Cousins. He has certainly proven he can carry team without those other things that takes money to fill.

Cousins...is soooooo gooooood. That is what I am reading. Where am I wrong? Oh, his salary wont matter. That is what I read too. Where am I wrong?
    Everywhere. You're wrong everywhere you go. You can not escape your wrongness.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I'm so sorry that you're so miserable, sir. I hope your life improves.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

It matters if it curtails your ability to do anything else to improve your team. Going into cap hell for Cousins doesn’t appeal to me. Call me crazy, but I like the idea of actually drafting and developing a QB long term, like most successful teams do

Big Al is such a moron. That idiot is stumping hard for AJ or Lamar Jackson. He thinks we should draft Jackson at 5. Good Lord, that kid is as inaccurate as PL. We could draft Jackson in the 3rd and move to WR, that's the only way I want him on the team.

I like Lamar Jackson. I would be totally fine with him in the 2nd. I do not think he makes it there though. I bet Miami takes him with their first.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information