Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Safest Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Crap!
    There is plenty of banter on all of that around anyway. The only thing I'd add is to keep in mind a name that not really anyone is mentioning. Mason Rudolph. If Mayfield is an option, then Rudolph has to be as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I've written it into the sky!

Is there a thread where you've shared your thoughts on the FA QB's and draftable first round QB's? I want your take worse than I want a steak!
    i think it's time to revive "ask coach chaz" . . .

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    With Coach Chaz and G-Money endorsing Nelson, it should persuade some doubters.
    i'm coming around. . . somebody convince me that taking him at #5 is better/more productive than if we could trade back a few spots and grab a tackle like mcglinchey or brown. . .

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i'm coming around. . . somebody convince me that taking him at #5 is better/more productive than if we could trade back a few spots and grab a tackle like mcglinchey or brown. . .
    Because having a very good to great guard makes a descent tackle so much better?

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

For me its like this...

Rosen, Darnold, Barkley, Chubb, Alden, Nelson, one of them will be there and likely one of then will be there a few spots down the list too. I am fine with any of them. I have my concerns about Darnold to be honest, but all are sexy and I would like here very much.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

McGlinchey and Brown may be good tackles in the NFL. They may even go on to be pro bowlers. Nelson is the type of prospect that can step in and play at an all pro level in his rookie season. He's not a pro bowl prospect. He's a hall of fame prospect. He's a Von Miller of the offensive line type of prospect. He's a generational type of prospect at his position.

Now, this is simply my opinion of him. That and a dollar will get you a soda. Pull up as many of his games as you can and watch them. Tell me if you find a weakness in his film, because I haven't been able to.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    McGlinchey and Brown may be good tackles in the NFL. They may even go on to be pro bowlers. Nelson is the type of prospect that can step in and play at an all pro level in his rookie season. He's not a pro bowl prospect. He's a hall of fame prospect. He's a Von Miller of the offensive line type of prospect. He's a generational type of prospect at his position.

Now, this is simply my opinion of him. That and a dollar will get you a soda. Pull up as many of his games as you can and watch them. Tell me if you find a weakness in his film, because I haven't been able to.
    Not in Seattle!

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Broncos out here just dictating what prospects they want to see. This time it's OL help:

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...18412856700928

Was told UTEP G Will Hernandez was moved to the north team in the Senior Bowl. He’s reunited with his former college head coach and newly hired Broncos o-line coach Sean Kugler.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

14. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I am on board with Nelson at #5 only if we have captain kirk at the helm. Otherwise I would take darnold rosen or Mayfield. I am a Mayfield fan but hard to not take the other 2 over him. Unless you can think of last usc QB to be any good.

I have character concerns with rosen along with his safety concerns since he is immobile and our line. Dude is most pro ready.

Maturity concern with Mayfield and reading defenses. But he can make incredible throws on the move or in the pocket.

Darnold is a Trojan and they all seem to flame out but he has major ball security issues.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Broncos out here just dictating what prospects they want to see. This time it's OL help:

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/st...18412856700928

Was told UTEP G Will Hernandez was moved to the north team in the Senior Bowl. He’s reunited with his former college head coach and newly hired Broncos o-line coach Sean Kugler.
    Only 1 guard in NCAA allowed fewer QB pressures than Nelson. His name was Will Hernandez.

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Only 1 guard in NCAA allowed fewer QB pressures than Nelson. His name was Will Hernandez.
    There are several reports of him making errbody his bitch in one on one drills. And he’s sporting the sweet neck roll

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    There are several reports of him making errbody his bitch in one on one drills. And he’s sporting the sweet neck roll
    Bad news there is he may not last until our pick in the 2nd

And he has been in my sig for a while and I bet he is ours!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

With all the general managers, coaches and scouts in attendance for the Senior Bowl, there is a lot of chatter going around. Here are some of the highlights from around the league.

The 2017 NFL Draft and the 2018 NFL Draft have been down years at the offensive tackle position. While the lack of edge-blocking talent has been noticeable, this could be a good year for talent on the interior of the offensive line. Sources at multiple teams believe there could be four interior offensive linemen who get selected in the first two rounds of the 2018 NFL Draft. The first one to come off the board will be Notre Dame's Quenton Nelson. He is among the elite players in the 2018 NFL Draft, and one area scout who covered Nelson described him like this, "He's Zach Martin on steroids." Nelson shouldn't get out of the top 10.
    http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2018rumors4.php

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I just don't get tired of this. I want a lineman who can do this.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/...34233204105217
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information