Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Safest Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I like Brown and Rankin a lot.
    Me too. I'd be happy with any of the 7 on that list.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I like him but I prefer a tackle over a G in 1st. I do think think any solid QB prospects. All have issues or concerns. No luck or wintz type prospects

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I like him but I prefer a tackle over a G in 1st. I do think think any solid QB prospects. All have issues or concerns. No luck or wintz type prospects
    There are some good tackles in this class, but none of them are a Quenton Nelson type of prospect.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Me too. I'd be happy with any of the 7 on that list.
    Brown fascinates me. I think he'll be the big riser of tackles in the pre draft process.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm sold on Cousins. He's thrown for over 4000 yard each year the last 3, he's averaged 28 TDs, and 12 interceptions each of those years as well. This is on a team that doesn't have the offensive talent at the skill positions we do and has just as bad a line (he was sacked 41 times this year). So, he gets sacked 41 times, still throws for over 4k yards, 27 TDs against 13 INTs, and really led his team.

I wish we had a guy like that. Seriously, I think Elway can make one hell of a pitch to him. He's going to be the highest paid QB, that's how it works now. If Elway offers him a nice package (If even a little less than others can, as long as the guarantees are similar) and tells him we're investing HEAVILY in the offensive line this offseason... I mean, that's pretty attractive from his standpoint. Our defense was still top 5, he would solve our biggest need, and a promise from John that we're going to have one of the best lines in the league?

Sign me up.
    He's a MUCH surer bet than drafting a QB. Whether he's worth the $30-32 million a year I saw projected a few months ago, I don't know. If the Broncos can use a top draft pick on a tackle or possibly guard and shore up the line, the number one need IMHO, even ahead of QB, and then get Cousins as QB, then the team should immediately be a contender again.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    If we draft defense with that #5 pick I'm gonna be pissed. QB or OL those are the only options.
    Why? We badly need another pass rusher. Von only had 10 sacks this year as he was double and triple teamed. We were also down in turnover and ints because we couldnt get a good pass rush. There are plenty of G and T in this draft. Obviously Nelson is an outlier but aside from him the drop off in G from say 2nd rd to 5th rnd is not nearly as severe as the drop off from the top DE to a 3rd rd DE.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Why? We badly need another pass rusher. Von only had 10 sacks this year as he was double and triple teamed. We were also down in turnover and ints because we couldnt get a good pass rush. There are plenty of G and T in this draft. Obviously Nelson is an outlier but aside from him the drop off in G from say 2nd rd to 5th rnd is not nearly as severe as the drop off from the top DE to a 3rd rd DE.
    The Broncos were a top defense, they have a very bad O-line. There is no need bigger than fixing the O-line.

Injuries, specifically to Ray, was what caused the failure to help Von out.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There are some good tackles in this class, but none of them are a Quenton Nelson type of prospect.
    Hard to wrap my mind around a G at #5

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The Broncos were a top defense, they have a very bad O-line. There is no need bigger than fixing the O-line.

Injuries, specifically to Ray, was what caused the failure to help Von out.

We need 2 OL, 1 very specificially. We can draft us a RT. We may have Mcgovern at G or we can get us a good one in the mid rounds. Ray imo, is not all that great at rushing the passer. I think Doom is a much better pass rusher than he. I like ray, but he imo is only marginally better than Shaq. You know what we looked like with a healthy Demarcus Ware. How about we draft ourselves another one of those.

There is not a top 5 T. There is a top 5 G, but there are also solid to great G in rds 2-5. There are not great DEs in those rounds. If we sign cousins, I would take Chubb or some other DE first.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We need 2 OL, 1 very specificially. We can draft us a RT. We may have Mcgovern at G or we can get us a good one in the mid rounds. Ray imo, is not all that great at rushing the passer. I think Doom is a much better pass rusher than he. I like ray, but he imo is only marginally better than Shaq. You know what we looked like with a healthy Demarcus Ware. How about we draft ourselves another one of those.

There is not a top 5 T. There is a top 5 G, but there are also solid to great G in rds 2-5. There are not great DEs in those rounds. If we sign cousins, I would take Chubb or some other DE first.
    The Broncos need to draft a QB or Oline first. If they think 5 is too early, drop back and draft the tackle a few spots back. Yes, there are solid guards in rds 2-5, but the Broncos are in such bad shape, they need as close to a plug and play blue chipper as possible, not rolling the dice on a mid round picks, which is what they've been doing for years with minimal success, because it's flipping a coin at best on success/failure.

I'm not sure how anyone that complained about how bad the offense has been the last three years can think drafting defense with that pick makes sense.

The Broncos don't have to get a better pass rush, but they absolutely have to get better at stopping it.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Adopted Bronco:

If it was 1983, would you spend #5 on Bruce Matthews? Because that's the type of skill Nelson has.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

He's more of a breakfast chef than guard if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If it was 1983, would you spend #5 on Bruce Matthews? Because that's the type of skill Nelson has.
    If he’s the next Larry Allen sign me up.

20. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If he’s the next Larry Allen sign me up.
    Larry Allen went to 11 pro bowls (before pro bowls were as watered down as they are now) and was voted 1st team all pro 6 times. Nelson is that kind of prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Larry Allen went to 11 pro bowls (before pro bowls were as watered down as they are now) and was voted 1st team all pro 6 times. Nelson is that kind of prospect.
    Larry Allen was the engine that made that Cowboys line go. I would totally be down with a guy like that at LG. We’d run all over people

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information