Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 395

Thread: The Safest Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I like Brown and Rankin a lot.
    Me too. I'd be happy with any of the 7 on that list.

  2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  3. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    I like him but I prefer a tackle over a G in 1st. I do think think any solid QB prospects. All have issues or concerns. No luck or wintz type prospects

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    8,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I like him but I prefer a tackle over a G in 1st. I do think think any solid QB prospects. All have issues or concerns. No luck or wintz type prospects
    There are some good tackles in this class, but none of them are a Quenton Nelson type of prospect.

  5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:


  6. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    8,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Me too. I'd be happy with any of the 7 on that list.
    Brown fascinates me. I think he'll be the big riser of tackles in the pre draft process.

  7. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    51,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm sold on Cousins. He's thrown for over 4000 yard each year the last 3, he's averaged 28 TDs, and 12 interceptions each of those years as well. This is on a team that doesn't have the offensive talent at the skill positions we do and has just as bad a line (he was sacked 41 times this year). So, he gets sacked 41 times, still throws for over 4k yards, 27 TDs against 13 INTs, and really led his team.

    I wish we had a guy like that. Seriously, I think Elway can make one hell of a pitch to him. He's going to be the highest paid QB, that's how it works now. If Elway offers him a nice package (If even a little less than others can, as long as the guarantees are similar) and tells him we're investing HEAVILY in the offensive line this offseason... I mean, that's pretty attractive from his standpoint. Our defense was still top 5, he would solve our biggest need, and a promise from John that we're going to have one of the best lines in the league?

    Sign me up.
    He's a MUCH surer bet than drafting a QB. Whether he's worth the $30-32 million a year I saw projected a few months ago, I don't know. If the Broncos can use a top draft pick on a tackle or possibly guard and shore up the line, the number one need IMHO, even ahead of QB, and then get Cousins as QB, then the team should immediately be a contender again.

  8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  9. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    21,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    If we draft defense with that #5 pick I'm gonna be pissed. QB or OL those are the only options.
    Why? We badly need another pass rusher. Von only had 10 sacks this year as he was double and triple teamed. We were also down in turnover and ints because we couldnt get a good pass rush. There are plenty of G and T in this draft. Obviously Nelson is an outlier but aside from him the drop off in G from say 2nd rd to 5th rnd is not nearly as severe as the drop off from the top DE to a 3rd rd DE.
    Tuff Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You start with a half pint of beer, you must take two drinks, add something and pass it on!! One day we had all sorts in there, and my mate squatted in a massive log, the next guy never took two drinks and added to it - he necked the whole thing, chewed down that turd!
    He was pretty famous after that

  10. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    51,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Why? We badly need another pass rusher. Von only had 10 sacks this year as he was double and triple teamed. We were also down in turnover and ints because we couldnt get a good pass rush. There are plenty of G and T in this draft. Obviously Nelson is an outlier but aside from him the drop off in G from say 2nd rd to 5th rnd is not nearly as severe as the drop off from the top DE to a 3rd rd DE.
    The Broncos were a top defense, they have a very bad O-line. There is no need bigger than fixing the O-line.

    Injuries, specifically to Ray, was what caused the failure to help Von out.

  11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There are some good tackles in this class, but none of them are a Quenton Nelson type of prospect.
    Hard to wrap my mind around a G at #5

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    21,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The Broncos were a top defense, they have a very bad O-line. There is no need bigger than fixing the O-line.

    Injuries, specifically to Ray, was what caused the failure to help Von out.



    We need 2 OL, 1 very specificially. We can draft us a RT. We may have Mcgovern at G or we can get us a good one in the mid rounds. Ray imo, is not all that great at rushing the passer. I think Doom is a much better pass rusher than he. I like ray, but he imo is only marginally better than Shaq. You know what we looked like with a healthy Demarcus Ware. How about we draft ourselves another one of those.

    There is not a top 5 T. There is a top 5 G, but there are also solid to great G in rds 2-5. There are not great DEs in those rounds. If we sign cousins, I would take Chubb or some other DE first.
    Tuff Buff
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You start with a half pint of beer, you must take two drinks, add something and pass it on!! One day we had all sorts in there, and my mate squatted in a massive log, the next guy never took two drinks and added to it - he necked the whole thing, chewed down that turd!
    He was pretty famous after that

  14. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    51,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We need 2 OL, 1 very specificially. We can draft us a RT. We may have Mcgovern at G or we can get us a good one in the mid rounds. Ray imo, is not all that great at rushing the passer. I think Doom is a much better pass rusher than he. I like ray, but he imo is only marginally better than Shaq. You know what we looked like with a healthy Demarcus Ware. How about we draft ourselves another one of those.

    There is not a top 5 T. There is a top 5 G, but there are also solid to great G in rds 2-5. There are not great DEs in those rounds. If we sign cousins, I would take Chubb or some other DE first.
    The Broncos need to draft a QB or Oline first. If they think 5 is too early, drop back and draft the tackle a few spots back. Yes, there are solid guards in rds 2-5, but the Broncos are in such bad shape, they need as close to a plug and play blue chipper as possible, not rolling the dice on a mid round picks, which is what they've been doing for years with minimal success, because it's flipping a coin at best on success/failure.

    I'm not sure how anyone that complained about how bad the offense has been the last three years can think drafting defense with that pick makes sense.

    The Broncos don't have to get a better pass rush, but they absolutely have to get better at stopping it.

    Anyway, that's how I see it.

  15. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    24,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Hard to wrap my mind around a G at #5
    If it was 1983, would you spend #5 on Bruce Matthews? Because that's the type of skill Nelson has.

  16. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Matt LaCosse's mustache
    Posts
    15,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Hard to wrap my mind around a G at #5
    He's more of a breakfast chef than guard if that helps.

    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

  18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  19. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If it was 1983, would you spend #5 on Bruce Matthews? Because that's the type of skill Nelson has.
    If hes the next Larry Allen sign me up.

  20. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:


  21. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    8,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If he’s the next Larry Allen sign me up.
    Larry Allen went to 11 pro bowls (before pro bowls were as watered down as they are now) and was voted 1st team all pro 6 times. Nelson is that kind of prospect.

  22. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Larry Allen went to 11 pro bowls (before pro bowls were as watered down as they are now) and was voted 1st team all pro 6 times. Nelson is that kind of prospect.
    Larry Allen was the engine that made that Cowboys line go. I would totally be down with a guy like that at LG. Wed run all over people

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NFL draft order - 2018
    By VonDoom in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 328
    Last Post: 01-10-2018, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group