Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broncos CB Aqib Talib opens up about his future, Vance Joseph and the team’s QBs

Elway has always said you can't have enough good corners!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

If that happens, don't be surprised if Keenum starts for us next year. Kubiak had a front row seat watching him play for the Cougars and was VERY high on him in the 2012 draft (probably because he'd noticed the same thing I had: Schaub played scared even with a great line, reliable run support and solid receivers, so it's no surprise he flamed out for the final time in 2013.) While watching a 2012 Texans game, I heard one of the commentators say Kubiak pushed hard to draft Keenum in the 7th, but, McNair being McNair, was overruled, so quietly hoped all other teams would pass on him too, then quickly snatched him up as an UDFA.
    That is actually significant, since Elway brought Kubiak in specifically to help with finding a QB.

Just based on their public statements during the season when every week they refused to commit to Keenum week after week, hoping they could get Teddy Bridgewater back on the field.

Obviously, if they go to the NFC Championship game that will probably change.

4. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Elway has always said you can't have enough good corners!
    we're definitely gonna need another one if we get rid of aqib-- the No Fly Zone don't work with only two. . . being three deep is one of the primary reasons the defense has been so good. . .

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    we're definitely gonna need another one if we get rid of aqib-- the No Fly Zone don't work with only two. . . being three deep is one of the primary reasons the defense has been so good. . .
    Exactly. This is why I think he stays.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I hope Talib remains a BRONCO.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Exactly. This is why I think he stays.
    They wouldn't be getting rid of him because of his play. He and Von were the only 2 Broncos to make the Pro-Bowl this year. They are getting rid of him because he's making $12m next year and Bradley Roby is in the last year of his contract and is getting $8.5m and they need to lock him up with a new deal this off-season. And $30m+ a year is too much to pay for 3 CBs.

I don't think any team in the NFL pays their top 3 CBs $30m+

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    They drafted Brenden Langley with that view in mind - promote him to #3 CB next year when Talib is traded or released. But, then they had to bench him for sucking. So, who knows who the #3 CB will be. But you can bet he won't be as good as Bradley Roby.

That is they way it goes in the NFL. You can't pay everybody. There's a salary cap.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

If Talib walks and we manage to sign Cousins, we can always draft Fitzpatrick at #5 and maintain the NFZ.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    If Talib walks and we manage to sign Cousins, we can always draft Fitzpatrick at #5 and maintain the NFZ.
    True leaders are hard to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    True leaders are hard to find.
    We already lost one...just to resign a bland LB and a meh kicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information