Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TJ Ward arrested for Mary Jane Possession

I got 99 grams, but a blunt ain't one.

I didn't know how to finish that, but it's the first thing I thought of at the 99 grams.

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

I think the hitting the strip club bartender in the head with a bottle was more deserving of a felony than some friggen weed. :shrugs:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't understand why anyone gets arrested over this anymore. Even if it's not legal in that state it's a misdemeanor, why arrest the man? Seize it, give him a ticket. Or, make it legal.
    Maybe his trunk was full.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

You're gonna fry 99 grams
    You're gonna fry 99 grams
    You're gonna fry - fry, fry, fry baby
    You're gonna fry - fry, fry, fry
    Night and day - oooh - all night long
    99 grams
    C'mon let me hear you fry now
    99 grams
    Yeah, all night long
    99 grams.....
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Probably has to to with the amount he had on him I would guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Maybe his trunk was full.
    That just makes it more absurd: 100g is like half a carton of cigarettes, hardly a trunk full. I realize metric measurement is like scare quotes for drugs, but 99.9g<4 oz.

Of course, that's still a felony nearly twice over under federal and most local laws, so we obviously need to credit inmates with more triple time served and release another rapist or murderer for "good behavior" so our overcrowded prisons have room for this grave public danger legally mandated to serve at least 5 years. Or build more prisons to make room for inmates; anyone have a backyard they'd like to share with violent criminals...?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    That just makes it more absurd: 100g is like half a carton of cigarettes, hardly a trunk full. I realize metric measurement is like scare quotes for drugs, but 99.9g<4 oz.

Of course, that's still a felony nearly twice over under federal and most local laws, so we obviously need to credit inmates with more triple time served and release another rapist or murderer for "good behavior" so our overcrowded prisons have room for this grave public danger legally mandated to serve at least 5 years. Or build more prisons to make room for inmates; anyone have a backyard they'd like to share with violent criminals...?
    Joel, I smoked a lot of weed in my twenties and I can tell you 99 grams is a lot more than half a carton of cigarettes. It was common for a group of us to buy an 1/8 of an ounce (3.5 grams) and between 3-4 of us we would smoke it all night long. I personally never bought a quarter ounce, which would be a sandwich baggy pretty close to full. What he had was close to four ounces, which would probably take him several months of smoking daily to consume it by himself.

Just to clarify, I didn’t even read the article because I didn’t really care that much about the situation. My trunk comment was tongue in cheek, providing my usual outstanding humor assist.

Now back to the point: In the northwest if you had more than an ounce it was considered intent to distribute, unless that ounce was divided up into separate baggies, then it was clearly intent to distribute even though there was less than an ounce. I’m not sure what the law in Florida is at this time.

Is it an archaic law? Maybe.

Is he acting like an asshat for jeopardizing a multimillion dollar career for disregarding the law? Absolutely.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 01-06-2018 at 11:25 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't understand why anyone gets arrested over this anymore. Even if it's not legal in that state it's a misdemeanor, why arrest the man? Seize it, give him a ticket. Or, make it legal.
    As a pure football story, attitudes have changed a remarkable amount since Ricky Williams. That guy was publicly eviscerated.

I know you’re referring to the criminal aspect of this, but just pointing out we’re in a football forum and imagine if we brought back the Ricky Williams threads we’d see a very different tone...
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 01-06-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

So, honest question, they do still test for weed in NFL piss tests, right? Now that it’s legal in several states I wasn’t sure, but FFS if they do still test they’re doing a terrible job. All those NFL players are smoking up. Hell, I blame it for our QB play this past year...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

I never smoked weed, which is funny because all of my friends do. I just don't smoke period and I've seen what edibles can do. And I have an addictive personality with no self control, so I know I'll become a pothead if I try it. I may try it eventually because I need to relax. I'm saying all of that because A) Does anyone want to sell me some pot? and B) it's just weed. Just take the blunt, hit them with a fine and move on.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    I never smoked weed, which is funny because all of my friends do.
    Sounds like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    I never smoked weed, which is funny because all of my friends do. I just don't smoke period and I've seen what edibles can do. And I have an addictive personality with no self control, so I know I'll become a pothead if I try it. I may try it eventually because I need to relax. I'm saying all of that because A) Does anyone want to sell me some pot? and B) it's just weed. Just take the blunt, hit them with a fine and move on.
    edibles you say?

15. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So, honest question, they do still test for weed in NFL piss tests, right? Now that it’s legal in several states I wasn’t sure, but FFS if they do still test they’re doing a terrible job. All those NFL players are smoking up. Hell, I blame it for our QB play this past year...
    Even though legal here, many employers require piss tests. Weed is on the list that an individual can't test positive. If they do, then it's counseling, or termination. Where I work, the first offense is counseling and mandatory classes. 2nd offense is the same, but you get some time off without pay. 3rd is termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Even though legal here, many employers require piss tests. Weed is on the list that an individual can't test positive. If they do, then it's counseling, or termination. Where I work, the first offense is counseling and mandatory classes. 2nd offense is the same, but you get some time off without pay. 3rd is termination.
    I guess that's better than an outright firing, but yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    What's really bad when these NFL players get busted is that if they haven't already failed a test and in the official rehab/testing program, then they only get tested ONE time a year, and it's always between April 20th and August 9th. So, they need to be clean by April 20th, and then stay clean until they are tested, and then are free to smoke away the rest of the year, up until whatever the cutoff is that they need to be clean by April 20th of the next year.

So, the players that fail the drug tests are either stupid or addicts with no control over their addiction.

In other words, if they haven't failed a test and been admitted to the NFL substance abuse program, then they can freely smoke all through training camp, the regular season, the playoffs and into spring before giving it a rest for a few months.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information