Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I Agree To Disagree With Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default I Agree To Disagree With Elway

Its his call, not mine.

But coaches who have terrible first years dont usually rebound, especially the 'ra-ra' coaches. (vs cerebral schemers, X's and O's coaches)

Here are the reasons I would CAN Joseph:

1. DeAngelo Henderson. Stood out in the preseason. The talent is SO EVIDENT. Yet, he sat on the bench. Belichick would have COACHED HIM UP in order to get him on the field EVEN IF IT WERE FOR 8 PLAYS A GAME. How stupid can you be? Grade: F minus, minus, minus.

2. McKenzie. Blame Olivo and rightly so, but at the end of the day, THE HEAD COACH oversees the team. McKenzie was a fumble machine and he continuously saw the field. Grade: F minus, minus, minus.

3. Jamaal Charles. You jerk the all time ypc leader in NFL history for fumbling yet put McKenzie out on the field. Charles ability was EASY to see. And his ability to run is obvious. Not only does he get yards, he's killer in space in the short passing game. Did you see that out of Jamaal this year? NO. An inability to recognize the abilty of players and putting them in a position to do what they do best. Grade: F minus, minus, minus

4. Defense. Underachieved. No Turnovers. Period. Grade F---

5. Von Miller. Who? Where did he get off to? Disappeared. His talent didnt leave......yet he was no where to be found. Grade: F---

6. Offensive line. A merry go round. Grade: F---

You know what? I dont even want to finish this.

No sense. We're going to have to hope Elway is right.

Put your own evidence down. Maybe he reads here.......
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Agreed less the Von Miller comment, he never had the glitzy stats, or big time plays, but each game he grinded and hounded the OL and was always a threat to the QB

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Agreed less the Von Miller comment, he never had the glitzy stats, or big time plays, but each game he grinded and hounded the OL and was always a threat to the QB
    I can see that position and perspective and agree somewhat. But this is a generational talent that is not a 10 sack player. He just isnt.

Look at all the players who produced more sacks. One cant tell me that all of them are more talented or played on better teams.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

5. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

My evaluation of your evaluation

Booker and CJ were best two RB. No question in preseason and TC. Charles barely made team. Henderson was just low man on totem pole.

Von miller had an amazing year on a bad team.

Item #2 I agree.

Defense did under achieve but offense turned ball over so much it wore them out. Also injuries/cut of ward and new DC hampered it the entire unit. But not an F grade. Give them a B and offense F.

Offensive line was set for disaster by VJ. When you drag out the positions battles through preseason it hampers the unit. OL was not decided until end of preseason. The unknown QB also did not help. But RT was horrible and that caused 90% of the problems.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I can see that position and perspective and agree somewhat. But this is a generational talent that is not a 10 sack player. He just isnt.

Look at all the players who produced more sacks. One cant tell me that all of them are more talented or played on better teams.
    He had the most QB pressure in the league. 10 sacks. 2nd most chipped player I believe. Non existent pressure from other side did not help him either.

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The logic of this always is baffling. Todd Davis and Brandon Marshall suck.

But let’s bag on the all-pro. Stop it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Yes how dare anyone do anything but bend over and suck off an all-pro. If you do anything but that, clearly you hate him and hope we get rid of him.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    My evaluation of your evaluation

Booker and CJ were best two RB. No question in preseason and TC. Charles barely made team. Henderson was just low man on totem pole.

Von miller had an amazing year on a bad team.

Item #2 I agree.

Defense did under achieve but offense turned ball over so much it wore them out. Also injuries/cut of ward and new DC hampered it the entire unit. But not an F grade. Give them a B and offense F.

Offensive line was set for disaster by VJ. When you drag out the positions battles through preseason it hampers the unit. OL was not decided until end of preseason. The unknown QB also did not help. But RT was horrible and that caused 90% of the problems.
    Not sure how you can say that about Booker when he played no preseason nor basically the first 6 games.
    Who had the best ypc? Jamaal. Every coach in the league except ours knew that Jamaals strength is catching wheel routes and short passes in space. Did you see that? Can almost count them on one hand.

Von is an amazing player, but he did NOT have an amazing year. Not sure what tape youre watching.

Defense was put under pressure, agreed. But were 22nd in scoring. Still bad for the talent we had imo.

Who stood out in the preseason at RB? Henderson period.

Did you not see it with his touch against KC?

For me, easy to see I guess. For others not so much.

Coach the guy up.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes how dare anyone do anything but bend over and suck off an all-pro. If you do anything but that, clearly you hate him and hope we get rid of him.
    I didn’t say any of that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I didn’t say any of that.
    You've basically echoed that sentiment in less extreme terms several times.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You've basically echoed that sentiment in less extreme terms several times.
    I don’t understand the idea that the best player on the team is the brunt of so much criticism. I do not understand that at all. It is not a logical thought to me. I’m sorry that pisses you off so much?

Brandon Marshall is an above average player. He doesn’t suck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Brandon Marshall is an above average player. He doesn’t suck.
    Maybe next year he’ll cover a tight end.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don’t understand the idea that the best player on the team is the brunt of so much criticism. I do not understand that at all. It is not a logical thought to me. I’m sorry that pisses you off so much?
    The highest paid player is going to have the highest expectations. You seem pissed off that we aren't evicerating guys like Todd Davis, but did anyone expect him to be a world beater?

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Maybe next year he’ll cover a tight end.
    That ish is hard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information