Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Broncos choice to stick with Joseph shows lack of accountability

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Everyone wants to wrongly claim we fired Kubiak, despite the fact that he's still with the team and is now getting promoted to an executive position...

It's silly really. People like to twist facts to fit their narrative.
    Kubiak and Elway disagreed on firing a bunch of Kubiak's assistant coaches. Kubiak's health was poor and his wife didn't want him being a head coach any more too. So, it was an easy decision for him to step down. He could have stayed if he wanted to, but Elway would still have fired his assistants.

So, fans saying Elway "fired" Kubiak are wrong. He also didn't technically fire Fox either. They "agreed to part ways." Of course, Fox would probably have been fired if he wanted to stay, but he wanted out so badly that he had Jay Glazer, his pet reporter print a story on the day of the Colts playoff game in which he predicted that if the Broncos lost, Fox would be available. This was aimed squarely at the Bears who Fox wanted to make sure didn't hire a coach until he could interview with them. He was lining up his next job while the Broncos were still in the playoffs!
    Last edited by Cugel; 01-10-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Cousins, just by virtue of not being horrible, will make the line better by audibling properly, getting the ball out of his hand quickly, hot routes, etc.

Cousins is capable of putting up big numbers with vastly inferior offensive talent. If we had to get rid of ES, we would still be more productive with KC and no ES than rookie QB/Tyrod Taylor/Eli and ES.

Do I want to spend that much money on any single player? No. Do I want this team to turn it around quickly? Yes. If we don't sign KC then we better be trading up for one of the two big QB's because anything less than a proven big time veteran or a huge talented QB means the offseason is a bust.

Now, what does this have to do with VJ and being accountable? Well, if we don't get a young rookie and show some promise, he's going to be held accountable and be fired. And if we don't sign a vet and make the playoffs, same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Cousins, just by virtue of not being horrible, will make the line better by audibling properly, getting the ball out of his hand quickly, hot routes, etc.

Cousins is capable of putting up big numbers with vastly inferior offensive talent. If we had to get rid of ES, we would still be more productive with KC and no ES than rookie QB/Tyrod Taylor/Eli and ES.

Do I want to spend that much money on any single player? No. Do I want this team to turn it around quickly? Yes. If we don't sign KC then we better be trading up for one of the two big QB's because anything less than a proven big time veteran or a huge talented QB means the offseason is a bust.

Now, what does this have to do with VJ and being accountable? Well, if we don't get a young rookie and show some promise, he's going to be held accountable and be fired. And if we don't sign a vet and make the playoffs, same result.
    That's kinda where I am. I don't think Kirk is good enough to be the highest paid QB in the league. If that's what it takes, I'm not really content with that. If he comes here he'll get my support, that's how I tend to be with starting QB's until they give me enough reason to doubt them.

I'd rather see Baker Mayfield. That's kind of my favorite choice in the draft. I don't like Darnold because USC QB's are just...they have a proven track record of not being as good as advertised once they get to the NFL.

As for VJ, I get why they kept him, I don't like it, but I get it. If we fire him, suddenly we've had 4 coaches in 4 years and that isn't a good look for a franchise trying to attract talent to them to turn the corner and get back to competitive. If he sucks again this year, we'll have full justification of canning him and it won't damage the image of the team.

Matt Stafford and Russel Wilson “aren’t good enough to be the highest paid qbs” either, but here we are.

Supply and demand is a bear sometimes.

6. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Matt Stafford and Russel Wilson “aren’t good enough to be the highest paid qbs” either, but here we are.

Supply and demand is a bear sometimes.
    Exactly.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Exactly.
    In a few years his deal will be easier to stomach. Right now, as average and listless as Flacco is, his contract is pretty solid for the Ravens.

I think the defense is still good enough to be top flight. I think Cousins can mask a lot of issues. If we are going to rebuild, go for it. If not, don't try to have a half-foot in and half-foot out approach with a rookie Qb and an aging defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information