Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rose Bowl Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The Rose Bowl thread morphs into the Sugar Bowl thread, right?
    **** it let's do it!

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Gotcha! The way you worded made it seem like you were blaming Mayfield.
    Nah, I'm intrigued with Mayfield. I don't think he ends up as a Bronco for the simple fact that I don't think Elway will wait until the draft to get a QB. I think he goes all in on Kirk Cousins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So, other thoughts on Mayfield? Ultimate competitor, will to win, and great leader. He came up short, but I wouldn't put this loss on him. His coaches went conservative in the first OT and didn't even give the kid a chance to win the game.
    Hard to say. He looked good on a lot of the passes but seemed to struggle more when pressure was on. He also benefited a lot today from Anderson so im wondering if he can carry a team when that part of it isnt working. I like him a lot more than Darnold and Allen though so he has that going for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The Rose Bowl thread morphs into the Sugar Bowl thread, right?
    **** it let's do it!

So, other thoughts on Mayfield? Ultimate competitor, will to win, and great leader. He came up short, but I wouldn't put this loss on him. His coaches went conservative in the first OT and didn't even give the kid a chance to win the game.
    I'm not sold on him as a pro. He spent the whole game in the shotgun running an offense that doesn't work in pro football.

I wouldn't spend the #5 pick on him.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'm not sold on him as a pro. He spent the whole game in the shotgun running an offense that doesn't work in pro football.

What offense are the Rams running. I know they already treat him like a college QB by having the coaches read the D for him and feed him audibles pre-snap. So if that works in the NFL now, maybe a team could do it with Mayfield.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bama doing Bama things.

What offense are the Rams running. I know they already treat him like a college QB by having the coaches read the D for him and feed him audibles pre-snap. So if that works in the NFL now, maybe a team could do it with Mayfield.
    I haven't watched the Rams all year. Hawg brought them up too. I guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

And that's exactly the problem with trying to evaluate today's college QB's. So few of them run a pro style offense. Deshaun Watson had the same issue coming out last season, and was killing it in the NFL before he got hurt. It's all about football IQ and accuracy to me. There's really no way for us to tell how high that IQ is without being in those interview rooms.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Eff Bama. Boo!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And that's exactly the problem with trying to evaluate today's college QB's. So few of them run a pro style offense. Deshaun Watson had the same issue coming out last season, and was killing it in the NFL before he got hurt. It's all about football IQ and accuracy to me. There's really no way for us to tell how high that IQ is without being in those interview rooms.
    Yeah, this is pretty much the new norm. "Pro style" QBs are a dying breed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Bryant is nothing like Watson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thats the one thing Mayfield has going for him, accuracy. But Jake Browning and Luke Falk also have high accuracy ratings it just comes down to the other intangibles that those QB's have to offer.

Every time I think about the Rams, I think of what the Broncos could have been. Wade running the D, and an offensive genius running the O and the team. It hurts my heart.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Georgia won't run on this Bama D like they did on Oklahoma.

20. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information