Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: No Surviving: Vance Joseph Retained

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    McCoy wasn't the problem.
    He was a huge part of the problem. That's why they fired him in mid-season! That doesn't normally happen you know, firing an assistant coach in the middle of the season.

He literally refused to alter his game plan to match the reality that he didn't have Philip Rivers, but two very inexperienced QBs and a piss-poor OL that couldn't pass protect for them. So, of course, he dials up an offense with 4 and 5 WR sets and single blocking on the outside against elite pass-rushers, etc.

The results speak for themselves. Trevor got hurt again behind this OL and it ruined his career.

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He was a huge part of the problem. That's why they fired him in mid-season! That doesn't normally happen you know, firing an assistant coach in the middle of the season.

He literally refused to alter his game plan to match the reality that he didn't have Philip Rivers, but two very inexperienced QBs and a piss-poor OL that couldn't pass protect for them. So, of course, he dials up an offense with 4 and 5 WR sets and single blocking on the outside against elite pass-rushers, etc.

The results speak for themselves. Trevor got hurt again behind this OL and it ruined his career.
    The offense didn’t improve without him. The problem was they had three shitty quarterbacks. McCoy was a scapegoat.

The fact they wouldn’t fire Olivo is even more to this point. That guy is remarkably worse at his job than McCoy was at his and yet McCoy got fired. This season was an administrative debacle, not a coaching one.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The offense didn’t improve without him. The problem was they had three shitty quarterbacks. McCoy was a scapegoat.

The fact they wouldn’t fire Olivo is even more to this point. That guy is remarkably worse at his job than McCoy was at his and yet McCoy got fired. This season was an administrative debacle, not a coaching one.
    Prior to his firing, outside of the first two games where we were playing ok, we were averaging 14.6 points per game... After firing McCoy that number jumped up to 17.66.

It took Musgrave about 2 games to start getting improved results, but the offense WAS playing better. I'm excited to see what he can do with a more competent QB and a full offseason to implement his system.

If don't think a OC change can have an impact, just look what the Raiders did last year with Musgrave and this year without. McCoy sucks. The sooner you guys recognize that, the better.

Olivo being incompetent and needing fired does not change the fact that McCoy is one of the most overrated OC's of all time.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Prior to his firing, outside of the first two games where we were playing ok, we were averaging 14.6 points per game... After firing McCoy that number jumped up to 17.66.

It took Musgrave about 2 games to start getting improved results, but the offense WAS playing better. I'm excited to see what he can do with a more competent QB and a full offseason to implement his system.

If don't think a OC change can have an impact, just look what the Raiders did last year with Musgrave and this year without. McCoy sucks. The sooner you guys recognize that, the better.

Olivo being incompetent and needing fired does not change the fact that McCoy is one of the most overrated OC's of all time.
    If you took away Musgrave’s best two games what was the offense averaging? About 14 points? It was the same shitty offense with both coordinators, so either Musgrave is also terrible, or there’s something else at play. I’m voting on the latter.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

You can't remove games to make a point, IMO. It's football, they happened. Every time is going to have spikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

The offense did improve after mccoy was fired. lololol and that is with Paxton Lynch playing!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

If you took away Musgrave’s best two games what was the offense averaging? About 14 points? It was the same shitty offense with both coordinators, so either Musgrave is also terrible, or there’s something else at play. I’m voting on the latter.

OMG MO, now youve really gone off the deep end.

If you took away our shitty qbs and put in tom brady we would have been better too.
    If you took away the sacks and ints we would have scored more points.
    If you took away Mccoy the offense would have played better......Oh wait, it did.

You are better than this Mo. Mccoy sucks balls and I have been telling you this since Mcd or John fox were HC here.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

If you took away our shitty qbs and put in tom brady we would have been better too.
    If you took away Mccoy the offense would have played better......Oh wait, it did.

You are better than this Mo. Mccoy sucks balls and I have been telling you this since Mcd or John fox were HC here.
    It was in response to a post where Frey removed games from McCoy's statline.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It was in response to a post where Frey removed games from McCoy's statline.

Oh, I did not see that. Previous page?

Ok mo. Please strike that last post from the record. Dare I say, take away that post.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

I wasn’t the one removing games so that one coordinator looked better than the other.

See above post
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

It be lookin' like I'm dancing!

McCoy is a solid coach. Not great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

that stuff always cracks me up. . . "if you take away all his long runs, his yards per carry average isn't that great". . . yea, no shit!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

They didn't fire Olivo during the season because due to some oversight, nobody else on the coaching roster had any experience coaching special teams, so who was going to do his job if they fired him in mid-season? So, they waited until season's end to fire him. But, they had Bill Musgrave who had previous OC experience just waiting in line, so it was easy to fire Mike McCoy in mid-season and they did.

To pretend that McCoy was "scapegoated" when his scheme was totally unsuited to Denver's roster is stupid. Why did they go with so many 4 WR spread plays when the OL couldn't protect long enough for Trevor to get to his #3 read, let alone #4? It made no sense.

And then there was the putting his terra-bad T's out in space against monster pass-rushers without much help over and over. McCoy's system was designed for a veteran elite QB like Philip Rivers who has much more ability to read and react to defensive pressure than Trevor or Brock.

And he refused to change that system when it failed repeatedly. So, they canned him. All the local media has been saying that for months now. McCoy wanted to run his system and refused to adapt when it didn't work. That's why he was canned.

From what DMac keeps insisting are his "inside sources in Dove Valley" McCoy was a Vance Joseph hire and Elway didn't really want him. OF course DMac is a complete and total D-bag so I take his reporting with a grain of salt. But, you can't just totally dismiss reports because you don't like the reporter. That reporter is out at Dove Valley ferreting like a weasel for info and comes up with some nuggets from time to time.

The story is that Elway was going to Vance Joseph and asking him what was going on? Why is this happening? Why is that happening? And the pressure is for VJ to get McCoy to change things, and all Vance could say was "well I brought this to Mike and he wants to do things this way."

This tension led to VJ admitting in his presser after the season that his biggest failure was not intervening with his assistant coaches early enough in the season to get them to do things he thought might help the team. That he said was due to his inexperience and won't happen again, yada yada.

That has to be a reference to McCoy keeping on with a system that wasn't working during the 8 game losing streak, as well as the inexplicable decision to keep trotting Isiah McKenzie after ever single fumble.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information