Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: No Surviving: Vance Joseph Retained

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If he turns it around next year, I hope you all will be hungry for some serious crow...

Having Kubiak back in the building every day is probably going to help Joseph. I know that's not what his new title suggests, but I imagine they'll work closely together.
    Oh if he turns out around, I'll happily eat crow, but that isn't happening, so not concerned with it.

[QUOTE=Buff;2705624]Vic suggests Aqib and Emmanuel are two strong personalities who will likely be ousted next year. I read between the lines that maybe they are sewing some discord in the lockerroom.[/QUOTE

I will understand a little if they move past Talib if they go for a high priced QB, considering the do have a backup plan in Roby.

When trying to fix the offense though and bring in a next QB and giving him success right from the start, you don't ditch a probowl talent WR. You just don't. There is no-one on the team to step in for Sanders.

Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    16m16 minutes ago

Don't get confused. This wasn't about player lobbying and maintaining continuity. This is about #Broncos believing Joseph can learn from mistakes and improve. Certainty at QB would help him tremendously, players repeated over and over again. #Denver7

Troy Renck
    9m9 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Judge Stanton

Sands were shifting as the weekend progressed, creating uncertainty. Today, Elway met w Joseph -- surely wanting to know plan for staff changes, developing young players, etc -- and decided to keep him. Clearly, there was uncertainty, but he's back because they think will improve

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    15m15 minutes ago

With Vance Joseph retained look for significant changes to his assistant coaching staff as soon as today. #9sports

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Cool, let's just get rid of two of our best 5 players to keep this loser HC!
    I do think that money + success + time breeds complacency. And given how badly this last year went, nobody should be untouchable... But I hate the idea that we're going to end up cutting Talib on a team-friendly deal and no team is going to trade for him if they know we're going to cut him.

And it also seems short sighted to get rid of Sanders when he's probably been our single most consistent offensive player over the last several years.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck
    16m16 minutes ago

Don't get confused. This wasn't about player lobbying and maintaining continuity. This is about #Broncos believing Joseph can learn from mistakes and improve. Certainty at QB would help him tremendously, players repeated over and over again. #Denver7

Troy Renck
    9m9 minutes ago

Troy Renck Retweeted Judge Stanton

Sands were shifting as the weekend progressed, creating uncertainty. Today, Elway met w Joseph -- surely wanting to know plan for staff changes, developing young players, etc -- and decided to keep him. Clearly, there was uncertainty, but he's back because they think will improve

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    15m15 minutes ago

With Vance Joseph retained look for significant changes to his assistant coaching staff as soon as today. #9sports
    Yea, blame the assistants, shit rolls downhill, but it starts at the top.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

HCVJ didn't wow anyone with his coaching decisions this year, but I will allow him to learn from his first year mistakes and hopes he improves next year. The players wanted him to return so I don't think he lost the locker room as much as I thought or was reported. Some players will be jettisons (Talib, Stewart, Fowler, half the offensive line, etc) and hopefully a RT and better LB's will be brought in.

Elway likes HCVJ (a yes man to Elway) so I had a feeling he would be retained if he kept the last game close. Hope we have better results next year.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Let Emmanuel walk. Talib is a whole other story. Stab this defense in the heart. Might as well put a fork in them.
    At some point, Talib will be gone, we just have to accept that. The defense is still the heart and soul of this team but our offense has been putrid since Manning's decline. If we're bringing in a FA QB, that will cost money and saving $11 million from Talib is a possibility.

As for Sanders, I don't think they cut him. Saves $5.5 million but leaves a dead money hit of $5.3 million, per Over the Cap. Even from a heartless perspective, that doesn't seem worth it to me.

Guys like CJ and Watson are the most likely to be gone to free up money.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    At some point, Talib will be gone, we just have to accept that. The defense is still the heart and soul of this team but our offense has been putrid since Manning's decline. If we're bringing in a FA QB, that will cost money and saving $11 million from Talib is a possibility.

As for Sanders, I don't think they cut him. Saves $5.5 million but leaves a dead money hit of $5.3 million, per Over the Cap. Even from a heartless perspective, that doesn't seem worth it to me.

Guys like CJ and Watson are the most likely to be gone to free up money.
    You find a way to keep Talib because the only thing worth saving on this team is the defense and Talib is the heart.

Sanders is a primadonna me first all eyes on me we who posts you'll miss me when I'm gone during the season. His eyes aren't on this team, it's on his next landing spot and paycheck.

I think it is almost 100% CJ will be gone. I am thinking he will flee to Miami.

I would actually still keep Watson IF he would take a cut in pay. I would have him compete at guard and swing tackle.

You find a way to keep Talib because the only thing worth saving on this team is the defense and Talib is the heart.

Sanders is a primadonna me first all eyes on me we who posts you'll miss me when I'm gone during the season.
    To be fair, that is kind of a WR trait. Most of them are prima-donnas.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Sanders is a primadonna me first all eyes on me we who posts you'll miss me when I'm gone during the season. His eyes aren't on this team, it's on his next landing spot and paycheck.
    Sanders is also the only player on our offense who looks like he gives a shit half the time. If we had to get rid of a WR, I'd rather keep Sanders and ship off DT.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    To be fair, that is kind of a WR trait. Most of them are prima-donnas.
    Well I'll take DT and sunshine. Sanders is replaceable.

15. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Sanders is also the only player on our offense who looks like he gives a shit half the time. If we had to get rid of a WR, I'd rather keep Sanders and ship off DT.
    Well that isn't happening with DT's contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well that isn't happening with DT's contract.
    Agreed, but in an ideal world, I'd rather keep Sanders strictly as a player.

Happy New year. Shit way to start it out. :pissedoff:

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information