Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: No Surviving: Vance Joseph Retained

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Which stage of grief is that?
    No grief. I love the Broncos, but there's nothing I can do to change anything so I'll roll with the punches and remember that 4 losing seasons in 25 years is something quite special.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I hated the hire, I hate the retain...

That said Elway, if you are keeping the bum then get him a damn QB that can play the game in his head as well as he can his arm and legs.

Staff changes have to happen, the defense regressed. Why did it regress? SOLVE that.

Why can't the line consistently block? SOLVE that.

If you are keeping this bum, then fix shit.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised. When Cleveland kept Hue Jackson after 0-16, I figured there would be no way that Elway would fire Clown Shoes after only one season.

Had Clown Shoes shown some coaching/leadership ability then it would be one thing regardless of the record. The fans know (or at least those of us who knew ****face was who we thought he was from the start) that this team has some serious personnel deficiencies. The problem is, Clown Shoes seemed to make bad situations worse. He made the worst decisions and then seemed “puzzled” at their outcome. He also seemed scared to make the tough “leader of men” decisions about players and coaches. It seemed that when a change had to be made, it came from the top. I have no doubt Elway fired McCoy and finally told Clown Shoes to get McKenzie off of punt returns.

The absolute biggest issue I saw that I just find it hard to get over was how the team would quit half way through a game or whenever they got down by 10 or more points. For all the good things the players have said about playing for Clown Shoes, they sure didn’t show it. Talk is cheap. Maybe he’ll improve as a HC next year. If not, I expect him to be gone by mid season. Most importantly, has Olivo been fired, yet?
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-01-2018 at 01:06 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I hated the hire, I hate the retain...

That said Elway, if you are keeping the bum then get him a damn QB that can play the game in his head as well as he can his arm and legs.

Staff changes have to happen, the defense regressed. Why did it regress? SOLVE that.

Why can't the line consistently block? SOLVE that.

If you are keeping this bum, then fix shit.
    To be fair, the defense did not regress from a yard stand point. They were ranked #3 in total yards, #4 in passing, #5 in rushing this year vs. last year's #4 Total, #1 Passing, #28 rushing. The regression was in the lack of big plays, lack of turnovers, and of course points allowed.

Last year: #3 Scoring Defense
    This year: #24 Scoring Defense

A lot of this was due to field position, which of course is a reflection on decisions made by the head coach and execution of the special teams unit. Needless to say, Olivo should be fired and Isiah McKenzie should be waived.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I was ok with either decision, but I do find some relief that our team will have a bit of consistency at least with the head coach moving forward. i just want them to pick a plan and stick with it at this point. Short of injury, the QB next year should play in every game and have the team built around him next season. I am ok with a rebuild, and I kinda wished they approached this season like and just got it started earlier.

As a fan you have to be passive about things like this and just let it happen. I trust Elway to make the right call next year at whatever point if VJ isn't improved.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The meltdown is going to rival last years election!

LOL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

LOL.
    Eh, the stakes are way lower here. At the end of the day, it's just a football team. I think it was the wrong call, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

No grief. I love the Broncos, but there's nothing I can do to change anything so I'll roll with the punches and remember that 4 losing seasons in 25 years is something quite special.
    Totally agree. Being a "spoiled" Broncos fan, is much better than the following:

Who has the longest playoff drought now? It’s been a good year for snapping long playoff droughts, with the Bills (1999), Los Angeles Rams (2003), and Jaguars (2007) all getting back on the wagon.

But we must have one long-suffering team, and it’s the most natural one possible: The Cleveland Browns haven’t made the playoffs since 2002, and it doesn’t look like they’ll be getting there any time soon.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/31/...t-lesean-mccoy

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

LOL.
    At this point, I'd take Hillary Clinton over Vance Joseph to be our head coach. At least she has leadership skills and would hold people accountable. I think any competent coach or leader would have permanently deactivated Isiah after fumble #3.

16. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Eh, the stakes are way lower here. At the end of the day, it's just a football team. I think it was the wrong call, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.
    Yep.

Disappointed by the result but i also believe going into next year that the leash will be very short for VJ. If have a bad start to the season than he could ousted pretty fast. I doubt John lets the season unravel like it did this year.

The staff needs to utilize the talent it has more too.

Henderson is freaking explosive. Turn him the **** lose!

We have pass rushers on this team...turn them lose!

We have lock down corners, quit with the zone shit!

19. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Vic suggests Aqib and Emmanuel are two strong personalities who will likely be ousted next year. I read between the lines that maybe they are sewing some discord in the lockerroom.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Vic suggests Aqib and Emmanuel are two strong personalities who will likely be ousted next year. I read between the lines that maybe they are sewing some discord in the lockerroom.
    Cool, let's just get rid of two of our best 5 players to keep this loser HC!

23. The Following 10 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Deserves its own thread. This franchise is doomed to failure for one more season at least. Terrible day for the fan base. The only positive here is the Broncos will have their pick of coaching candidates next year and be one of the most desirable jobs in football.

**** no, one more year where talent will flee in fa, we will squander a high draft pick because our scouting dept is terrible re:Paxton lynch, Brock Osweiler, and our head coach and his underlings don't have a ******* clue how to rally a team, but they know how to be friends. Elway ****** up today. No ******* coach in his right mind will want to pick up the pieces of this dumpster fire. ****!
    Last edited by GEM; 01-01-2018 at 01:27 PM.

25. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Let Emmanuel walk. Talib is a whole other story. Stab this defense in the heart. Might as well put a fork in them.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information