Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: That was Kind of Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Cheetos are a poor mans caviar.
    Caviar is a poor man's caviar: 'Roe (/roʊ/) or hard roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries, or the released external egg masses of fish and certain marine animals, such as shrimp, scallop and sea urchins'. Maybe we should be glad we are left with Cheetos, when the alternative is 'ripe, internal egg masses' and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Caviar is a poor man's caviar: 'Roe (/roʊ/) or hard roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries, or the released external egg masses of fish and certain marine animals, such as shrimp, scallop and sea urchins'. Maybe we should be glad we are left with Cheetos, when the alternative is 'ripe, internal egg masses and such?
    I was hungry until I read this. I guess I should thank you since I shouldn’t be eating at this hour

3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I was hungry until I read this. I guess I should thank you since I shouldn’t be eating at this hour
    Cheetos. Best we stick with Cheetos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Cheetos. Best we stick with Cheetos.
    I want Cheetos, a cheeseburger too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Gummy bears. WTF?
    I had some gummy bears tonight. I didn't even coordinate this with PAGs. We just know how to live life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I had some gummy bears tonight. I didn't even coordinate this with PAGs. We just know how to live life.
    We need to discuss this in the lounge. I’m not down with the consistency.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Hey Ground Control,

I sorta get what you mean - we did not get beat in a blow out, and that makes losing more palatable.

Henderson looked good and CJ got a nice personal record.

But............................................... .... we were playing a bunch of back ups, a first time starter at qb and we were at home.

I don't expect us to win the superbowl every year for 20 years in a row like you said, but i do not expect our season to be so bad that a getting beat at home by a bunch of back ups with the last kick of the ball seems palatable.

We have sucked ass this year - apart from some big time **** ups, our defense was still good enough to ride into the play offs.

We are two years removed from a superbowl - lost a HoF QB, 2 leaders on defense, and all world DC and failed to fix our offensive line and all this with a first time HC and 3 average QBs, so i can totally accept a down year - BUT the lack of heart this team played with on mulitple blow out losses was disgusting. It was like watching the indianapolis play off loss on repeat. kicking and screaming - not so much.

You say "we" as in only players can say that. I am not a rich man, but i spend a large part of my disposable income on supporting this franchise, be it through online subscriptions to watch games, buying jerseys or travelling to a game (albeit only one, but it cost a ******* fortune), i am very much invested in this organisation, both emotionally and through my financial choices - you better believe the term "we" is appropriate as if there was no random man investing time and money in the Broncos - there would be no Broncos.

So in summary, i see your initial post, i can sort of get on board with it on a superficial level, but i don't think it stands up under closer scrutiny.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i like the OP positivity.

Just not his name. "Ground Control". Something Denver fans used to pretend the D was the same.

It signifies everything wrong that happened with this season. Its when VJ got a big head, and started rubbing his dick on Cheerleaders again.

Going from a Great Pass Defense into a Run Defense in a passing league. Forgetting to pressure QB, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ill come out up with badass name for you dude. dont stay as ground control.... kk thx!

or you can tell me to **** off kindly.

I duno im intoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Hey Ground Control,

I sorta get what you mean - we did not get beat in a blow out, and that makes losing more palatable.

Henderson looked good and CJ got a nice personal record.

But............................................... .... we were playing a bunch of back ups, a first time starter at qb and we were at home.

I don't expect us to win the superbowl every year for 20 years in a row like you said, but i do not expect our season to be so bad that a getting beat at home by a bunch of back ups with the last kick of the ball seems palatable.

We have sucked ass this year - apart from some big time **** ups, our defense was still good enough to ride into the play offs.

We are two years removed from a superbowl - lost a HoF QB, 2 leaders on defense, and all world DC and failed to fix our offensive line and all this with a first time HC and 3 average QBs, so i can totally accept a down year - BUT the lack of heart this team played with on mulitple blow out losses was disgusting. It was like watching the indianapolis play off loss on repeat. kicking and screaming - not so much.

You say "we" as in only players can say that. I am not a rich man, but i spend a large part of my disposable income on supporting this franchise, be it through online subscriptions to watch games, buying jerseys or travelling to a game (albeit only one, but it cost a ******* fortune), i am very much invested in this organisation, both emotionally and through my financial choices - you better believe the term "we" is appropriate as if there was no random man investing time and money in the Broncos - there would be no Broncos.

So in summary, i see your initial post, i can sort of get on board with it on a superficial level, but i don't think it stands up under closer scrutiny.
    Yeah, regretted the 'we' thing, as said in prior responses. We are we. Nothing more to be said on that, other than I was wrong.

For the rest, it's all been so painful, I don't think to be a cheerleader but there's been enough observations on the failures. I'm not trying to pretend they don't exist, I'm just looking at what we have that we can salvage for next year. I haven't seen any posts on that, so I thought I would offer one up. Plus, battle some trolls and find the folks beneath the rough exterior, just for fun.

We have an OK O-line, after a very hard year. Right tackle needed BADLY. An extra guard needed almost equally. Otherwise, some men have grown into warriors this year and I don't think we're that bad off, considering O-line is a problem for the entirety of the league. Everything else you said is true. Not trying to gloss over those things. In fact, f' Elway. He damn well better grow up and realize he's not up to the task of running this team without help. All of your very realistic observations revolve around him.

Except for the heart thing. That's all on the players...and VJ. I give him a pass because of the Elway handicap but next year he better be more than a cheerleader. He's been OK on game decisions but that has to improve. The heart, and lack of it is what gets me most as well. It's sad that we have nothing but backup battles to give us something to be hopeful about but after a season of absolute failure, why the hell not?

That heart, tho...

Speaking of hope, let's hope every player that gave no heart towards the end of the year is not with us next year.

13. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i like the OP positivity.

Just not his name. "Ground Control". Something Denver fans used to pretend the D was the same.

It signifies everything wrong that happened with this season. Its when VJ got a big head, and started rubbing his dick on Cheerleaders again.

Going from a Great Pass Defense into a Run Defense in a passing league. Forgetting to pressure QB, etc.
    Was hopeful about the rush defense to start but it's not crazy. Leading in rush defense this year. Stopping the run doesn't mean forgetting to rush the QB. We've been strong at that also but if we we fail on any given day, it's not because of Ground Control, SF.

I totally forgot about the dick rubbing. He's gotten a huge beat down, proper-like, but the dick rubbing is another matter. Totally forgot about that and he should burn, if proven true. Why isn't that a thing?

But yeah, I admit to taking the name when it had it's 2 seconds of fame. Or lack of. It'll stick though, unless better is offered. 'Darth Observus' just doesn't do it.
    Last edited by Ground Control; 01-01-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    ill come out up with badass name for you dude. dont stay as ground control.... kk thx!

or you can tell me to **** off kindly.

I duno im intoxicated
    Kelly.

Never forget.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information