Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Team Would You Like To See Turned Around

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I guess i'm pulling for the Vikings this year.
    Same here. People talk about perpetual underdogs, but the Browns were the best team in TWO leagues for a solid decade, with only the Rams and (ironically) Bobby Laynes Lions able to compete, usually unsuccessfully. The Eagles won a championship against Lombardi (his only playoff loss.) Granted, all that was a long time ago, but the best a decade of HoF Vikings rosters could manage was perennial runner up to the Steelers or Raiders, when the Cowboys didn't send them home earlier.

The only other team in similarly dire and lengthy straits is the Bills, but I have too many memories of the Oilers traveling to Upstate NY for playoff games against the K-Gun Offense that ended no better than winter visits to Pittsburgh and Denver—even with Kelly AND Thomas out of the game with injuries it only allowed the Oilers to give up the biggest comeback in NFL history: Screw Buffalo.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Browns, Lions and Jags. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers because I really like their baby blue uniforms and would love to see them wearing them in a Super Bowl.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I forgot to add the Bills to my list. Not because they've finally made the playoffs after the longest drought in professional sports (yes, even longer than Cleveland), but because my neighbor is from Buffalo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I like the Bills...they have that underdog role, and haven't made the playoffs in a long time. Someone has to dethrone the Patriots in the AFCE.

I agree with Wave. Jags and Vikings are good stories this year.
    Ha. The Bills made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Browns, Lions and Jags. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Chargers because I really like their baby blue uniforms and would love to see them wearing them in a Super Bowl.
    Those sparklers sorry!

#they suck
    #Riversswallows

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

The broncos because people in the organization running team into ground

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Those sparklers sorry!

#they suck
    #Riversswallows
    Yeah, I don't really care if the Sparklers make the SB, I just really like their powder blue uniforms. Perhaps the halftime entertainment could include a football game (similar to how the NFL used to hold Punt Pass and Kick finals during Conference Championship weekends) where one of the teams wears that uniform.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Miami Dolphins cheerleading team
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I reject the premise of the question. I want all other teams to become weaker as we get stronger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Also, I will add, I think Jimmy Haslam is an idiot who has badly mismanaged his tenure as owner in Cleveland. Meanwhile he fires the GM who seemingly has them positioned to turn things around, and he keeps the coach who can't get out of his own way and keeps acting like a victim.

I hope they suck until the end of time, or until Haslam sells.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think it's be cool to see the Eagles win one. Plus, that night in Philly would be Cray Cray.
    Providential...

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Vikes, maybe even the Bears to some extent. Miami dolphins too. maybe even the jets

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Rams, if the Broncos can't get there. I'm a Wade Phillips fan . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

New England. Now think about this before you go ballistic (clue: thread title)

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Actually one of the cool things about the NFL is how many teams DO turn it around every year. Unlike the NBA where we are just killing time until the 2 powerhouses collide, the NFL seems to always have teams go from worst to first and make the playoffs at least. That being said, I would like to see any other team win the AFC East this year. That division is boring as hell, I think the Pats have won 9 straight titles? And yes I am a total hater. Otherwise I really like the Saints and Green Bay just because I love Rodgers and Brees. It's really hard to want any other AFC teams to get better.

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information